What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Pleasure for Pleasure (Essex Sisters, #4)
This topic is about Pleasure for Pleasure
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance where heroine is assaulted outside of stables. Maybe Julia Quinn? [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CP (last edited May 21, 2020 04:41PM) (new)

CP Harding | 4 comments It’s a regency book I think. Julia Quinn or similar style. Heroine is assaulted outside stables (maybe at a racetrack) against carriage. Ridiculed by the man too I believe. I think maybe the hero is courting someone else. I read this book probably around 2012 but I’m not sure when it was released as I mostly frequented used bookstores at the time.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
CP, that's a good start but you need to add plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of romance requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.) Then we can re-open the thread.

- Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Thanks for adding details - reopening thread.

message 4: by Brenna (new)

Brenna | 212 comments Is the man who assaulted her the hero of the book? Or does the hero save her? Do you remember anything else about the plot?

A Woman of Virtue starts out with a scene in the stables/barn near a horse racing event. The drunk hero is led to believe by an acquaintance that the girl in the stables is a woman of loose morals. He goes to try his luck with her and kind of gets rough because his acquaintance told him she likes it that way. Heroine has no clue what's going on, goes ballistic and fights back. I'm not sure if the hero is courting someone else in this book though.

message 5: by CP (new)

CP Harding | 4 comments The hero is not the one who assaults her. I also think he’s not the one who saves her, but I’m not sure. I think he may have been with the woman he was courting inside. I think they end up discussing it inside the stables.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (innocent_sweetiepie) | 52 comments Only book I can think of that has an a stable assault scene is Once Upon a Moonlit Night by Elizabeth Hoyt but it doesn't sound like the rest of the description. Here's the link for you to double check but other than this one I don't really recall any book like that with a stable scene...I know a few historical/regency type books with assaults or attempted assaults but not any other's that I recall about the stables part....

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 7: by CP (new)

CP Harding | 4 comments Thank you. I appreciate it. I hate that I just have the vaguest memories that aren’t very helpful. It’s very vivid for me and just popped into my head at random. My memory might be muddled since it’s been so long.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

message 9: by CP (new)

CP Harding | 4 comments No it wasn’t. I finally found it though. It was Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James.

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32317 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, CP. Here's the link - Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James.