Start by marking “Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Moonlit Night (Maiden Lane, #10.5)

Once Upon a Moonlit Night

(Maiden Lane #10.5)

From New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Hoyt comes a delightful Maiden Lane novella that begins once upon a moonlit night—and ends wickedly, wonderfully ever after...

Hippolyta Royle is running for her life. Pursued by hounds on a cold rainy night, the heiress flags down a passing carriage and throws herself at the mercy of the coach's occupant. Whoever this handso
Audiobook, Unabridged, 4 pages
Published July 5th 2016 by Hachette Audio

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Moonlit Night, please sign up.
Julianna The story will probably make more sense if you read Duke of Sin first, as Hippolyta's story picks up in Once Upon a Moonlit Night exactly where it…moreThe story will probably make more sense if you read Duke of Sin first, as Hippolyta's story picks up in Once Upon a Moonlit Night exactly where it leaves off in Duke of Sin, which was kind of a cliffhanger.(less)
Asteropê Yes. Says so on the cover too. It's listed as #10.5.

Nenia ✨ Literary Garbage Can ✨ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DUKE OF SIN was probably one of the best regency romances I'd had the pleasure of reading in a while. There are two things I love in romance novels: gamma heroes & slow-burn romances. This book had both. I was able to recommend it to all my friends in good faith & was delighted to see that they enjoyed it, too!

ONCE UPON A MOONLIT NIGHT popped up on Netgalley recently & I was super excited when I was approved. It's a novella fol
Stacey is Sassy
description

I thought I had to gird my loins

I finished and enjoyed Duke of Sin with the question…But what happened to poor Hippolyta?…burning through my brain. When I found out that we would be getting a novella telling us all about it, I was very excited. Yesterday, I went to Goodreads to update and list it as currently reading. While I was there I noticed that there were a few less than stellar ratings. What? How could that be? It’s a novella, what on earth could go wrong? Well, I didn’t look at the revi
Jilly
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
For everyone who wondered "what the hell ever happened to Hippolyta?" after reading the last book. All your questions are answered. Except, the burning question on my mind: Who the hell names their daughter Hippolyta? That wasn't answered.

All I can think of is this:

Nuff said...
Choko
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
*** 3.25 ***

Not bad. It is a novela, so it is short and excuses the meteoric acceleration from an accidental meeting on a rainy night in the middle of the road by a bedraggled young woman and an impoverished nobleman in his carriage, who offered her a ride, to marriage... The girl is the hairess who ran away from an insane kidnapping Duke, and she is fortunate to run into a young, handsome and mostly honorable gentleman, who thinks she is a bagger traveling actress or a very low class prostitute
Alp
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Surprisingly good! Loved it!
Alyssa
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
This publishes on my BIRTHDAY!!!!! So excited. =)

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Once Upon a Moonlit Night by Elizabeth Hoyt
Book 10.5 of the Maiden Lane series
Publisher: Forever
Publication Date: July 5, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Robin (Bridge Four)
What do you do when you finish reading Oathbringer and nothing else fantasy is going to compare for a little while? If you are me you go on a romance kick for awhile.

Hippolyta Royal has been of the outskirts of the Maiden Lane series for awhile now. In Duke of Sin she was kidnapped by our favorite bad boy and helped to escape but then we get nothing of if she made it back to London. This is that story of how she flagged down a carriage while completely bedraggled and was able to catch both a lif
Caz
Readers of Duke of Sin, the recently released tenth book in Elizabeth Hoyt’s hugely popular Maiden Lane series will recall that one of the many nefarious plots engineered by the Machiavellian Duke of Montgomery was the kidnapping of Miss Hippolyta Royle, the wealthiest heiress in England. In that book, she was freed by the Duke’s housekeeper, the enterprising Bridget Crumb, who helped her to escape onto the moors – and then we heard nothing more of her. I admit, that loose plot-thread did seem ...more
Princess under cover
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was good. I like the “real man” type of heroes that Hoyt writes. The ones who have a temper, who might not look great (tho this one does), who curses and throws things around, maybe a bit Neanderthal like. This is one of those heroes. And I enjoyed him. Maybe a bit too rough on the first time deflowering of the woman, not that she seemed to mind, but goes with his character I guess.

The heroine I was a bit disappointed in. Not that there’s anything wrong with her per se, but there was a lot of
♥Rachel♥
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical

I was eager to pick up Once Upon a Moonlit Night and find out what happed to Hippolyta Royale after escaping from the Duke of Montgomery’s clutches! Hippolyta was purported to be the richest heiress in England and therefore a much sought after catch, but running through the muddy hills of England have made her a sodden mess. She’s not out of danger, though, because the Duke’s men are still pursuing her. When a carriage comes barreling by and she jumps at the chance for a ride back to London. The
Bj
4 "A Chance Road Encounter Leads to the Perfect Match" Stars for the story and 5 Stars for the narration!

Source: Library-Loan.
Robin
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cold, wet, and covered in mud, Heiress Hippolyta Royle has escaped from her kidnapper and is trying to find the nearest village. As the hounds are getting closer to finding her, she flags down a coach and begs for the occupants to help her. Although Matthew Mortimer is willing to help the filthy woman travel to the next stop along the coach road, he doesn't believe her outlandish story that she is a kidnapped heiress. But when Matthew sees Hippolyta after she washes away the mud, he volunteers t ...more
Sam (AMNReader)
It was ok. Matthew and Hippolyta had nice chemistry, and the beginning of the book was fun. Then it was all squished into another 40 pages and was ultimately a disappointment. No chance for tension or for Matthew's character to be fully fleshed out.

In short, it was a typical novella. Very few deliver IMO.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In this delicious offering from Elizabeth Hoyt, readers are thrown back into the Maiden Lane world and are once again reunited with Hippolyta Royle. Now if you’ve read the previous full-length book in this series, DUKE OF SIN, then you may be familiar with Hippolyta. She was the woman who Val kidnapped and wanted to make his wife before the heroine released her. So when I say that she’s been through a lot, I really mean it. The poor girl has been so strong though and I obviously had an immedi
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
Hippolyta has been a recurring character in this series for so long that I am surprised that she didn't get her own full length novel. But this was still very good. I missed this series and I am so glad that I finally got this and Duke of Pleasure. I will be reading that one next.
Paige  Bookdragon

Entertaining for me but I'm a little bit bothered and annoyed by the heroine's "I'm a princess so serve me" attitude. I know she's an heiress and she has the right to complain about some things but I find it overacting when she asked the hero to carry her because the road is muddy.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
I really enjoyed this latest addition to Elizabeth Hoyt’s fabulous Maiden Lane series. This novella follows Hippolyta Royle’s “adventures” after escaping the clutches of the wicked Duke of Montgomery (DUKE OF SIN)

I love the unconventional first meeting between Hippolyta and Matthew. I had a vivid picture of the wet, bedraggled, dirty, smelly Hippolyta trying to convince a disbelieving Matthew that she is telling the truth and she is really an heiress! It’s hardly surprising he doesn’t believe a
Mandi Schreiner
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
This novella can be read as a stand alone, but if you have read Duke of Sin (if you haven't you must, must, must) you will recognize our heroine, Hippolyta Royle. She is the richest heiress in England, and in Duke of Sin, found herself kidnapped by the duke himself. (oh that naughty duke). The heroine in Duke of Sin helps Hippolyta escape, and this is where Once Upon a Moonlit Night starts. Hippolyta is running in the dark and rain from hounds chasing her and a carriage happens by. Hippolyta is ...more
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
2.5 grumpy, tired, back to work stars.

Perhaps I'd rate this a bit higher if I was less moody. But, ho hum.

I had such hopes for Hippolyta's book. I thought she'd end up with Valentine, so much for that. Then I was rather aggrieved to find she'd been consigned to a novella. But still: where there's Hoyt, there's hope.

Or not.

This was intensely mediocre. Nuts and bolts is fine. Sex, as ever: good.

But I found I did not like the H/h. Hippolyta becomes a rather whiny, entitled creature, helpless witho
Elaine
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read. This is probably my favourite period drama / period romance series.

Loved the new character and learning more about a minor character from previous book's.
3.75 Stars

Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a novella in the Maiden Lane series that can be read as a stand-alone despite the fact that the heroine's predicament is a significant plot point towards the end of Duke of Sin. I continue to adore Elizabeth Hoyt's writing and found this to be an entertaining read for a summer afternoon.

Hippolyta Royle is considered to be quite a novelty due to the fact that she is the richest heiress in the country and that was she was born in India. In Duke of Sin, she is
Melissa
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really like Elizabeth Hoyt's writing, and her Maiden Lane series in particular. This novella suffers from the same thing most novellas do, however -- it's just too short to satisfactorily develop the characters and their relationship, and to have a truly interesting plot. I could name some other nitpicks, but at heart they all go back to my "not enough pages" complaint.

I'll be here patiently waiting for November and Hoyt's next full-length novel.

G.
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5/5

The beginning was promising, and I loved the pet mongoose, but Hippolyta deserved a meatier story. I love the Maiden Lane books and it pains me to say this, but Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a classic case of a rushed novella.
Carvanz

Audio-book: Narrator - Ashford McNab
Another amazing audio by Ms. McNab. I swear I am totally fangirling on this narrator. She just brings so much life to the characters that I’m completely swept up into their story.

This was a very nice novella. I was curious about Hippolyta when she was first introduced and was pleased to see how her escape played out. It was quite an adventure! I loved the fact that Matthew misjudged her and then had to depend on his own feelings to make adjustments to his act
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

This novella was so. much. fun!! I was excited to read Once Upon a Moonlit Night when I found out it would be Hippolyta’s story – her appearance in Duke of Sin had me intrigued by her character, and I’m glad we get to find out what happens to her after certain events in the previous book. Hippolyta and Matthew’s romance is pure fun and sexiness – if you want something short and sweet, this novella is perfect for historical romance lovers!

After escaping fro
Jan
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. An enjoyable little romp that takes up Hippolyta Royle's story directly where we left it off in the middle of Duke of Sin. Hippolyta is an intriguing character who popped up several times in earlier books in the series. We find out a bit more about her unusual background in Duke Of Sin, but in this novella she meets her match.

Matthew Mortimer is a mapmaker who has recently returned to England after unexpectedly inheriting an earldom. Their meet cute in the middle of a rainy English ni
Jen Davis
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great little companion novella to Duke of Sin. It picks up the thread of what happens to Hippolyta after she escapes the clutches of the Duke of Montgomery. We saw her running away in the last book… and that is exactly what she is doing as this story begins. She’s bedraggled and covered in mud when she runs in front of Matthew’s carriage and begs for help.

Hippolyta has no idea Matthew is a newly appointed earl and he doesn’t believe her claims that she is a lady. It gives them both the
Gilgamesha
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Wow quite disappointed with this Novella. I love novellas and one of my all time favorite is written by Hoyt so I expected something equally engrossing...unfortunately this book failed to engage on a deeper level...it was a very simple read...it was especially disappointing because Ms Royle was introduced and brought back on several books so I wanted her story to be as special as everyone else's. Anyways not upto usual Hoyt standard unfortunately.
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
A nice story, but rather underdone, even for a short story. Not one of her best efforts. I kind of wish she would move on from Maiden Lane and start a new series, this one seems pretty done.
Julianna
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Once Upon a Moonlit Night is a short novella that falls between Duke of Sin and Duke of Pleasure in Elizabeth Hoyt’s Maiden Lane series. It features Hippolyta Royle as the heroine. She’s been seen as a supporting character throughout the last several books of the series. Her story picks up exactly where it left off in Duke of Sin. Having been kidnapped by Val and later helped to escape by Bridget (the hero and heroine of that book respectively), Hippolyta was left out on
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 May 26, 2016 06:35PM

• Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga #1.5)
  • A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (The Lords of Worth, #2.5)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • A MacKenzie Clan Gathering (MacKenzies & McBrides, #8.5)
  • The Duke and His Duchess (Windham, #0.6)
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
  • A Gentleman Never Tells (Essex Sisters, #4.5)
  • What Happens Under the Mistletoe
  • Harlot (Bartered Hearts, #2)
  • A Gentleman Undone (Blackshear Family, #2)
  • Wallflower Gone Wild (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #2)
Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance. She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper. Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota with three untrained dogs and one long-suffering husband.

Maiden Lane (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane #2)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7)
  • Dearest Rogue (Maiden Lane, #8)
  • Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9)
  • Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10)