What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1)
This topic is about The Mysterious Benedict Society
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Mystery about a group of genius children who are spies. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nneka (last edited May 21, 2020 06:51AM) (new)

Nneka | 1 comments This book was a mystery book, but I read it in 2016 when I was about 12/13 at my school’s library.
It starts with a boy who takes a test for this school for geniuses (I think???) and then meets other people who are trying to join the school and they become friends. He gets in and the person in charge of this school suffers from narcolepsy and falls asleep whenever he feels particularly happy. He asks the children to be spies at an evil school and to find out what’s going on. We later learn that the person in charge of that school is the the guy who asked them to go there’s evil twin brother, who also suffers from narcolepsy when he feels particularly angry. I don’t really remember what happened at the end but I do remember that they had to use morse code at one point to communicate and one of the main characters turned out to be only 3 years old and a sort of child prodigy. Please help me find this book I have absolutely no idea what it is!

Edit:
Sorry Kris, I am new to this all and will try to make sure it contains the genre in the title next time- sorry about that.
Thank you so much Rosa! I had no idea what the title was and thought I had dreamt it! Thank you once again :)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Nneka, that's a good start but you need to add genre (e.g., children's or YA mystery) and plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.) Then we can re-open the thread.

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 22, 2020 09:22AM) (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Thanks for the updating the topic header. This will help searchers and moderators. Re-opening thread.

I notice your thread is marked Solved. Did you find your book, and it is Rosa's suggestion - The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart?

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Yes, see the last paragraph of the first post.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mysterious Benedict Society (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Trenton Lee Stewart (other topics)