Stuck Between the Pages Book Club discussion

Questions and Suggestions > What books have you been reading during quarantine?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (linguaphilelacey) | 282 comments Mod
During quarantine, I have had lots of time to read! So far, I have read 32 books! I've reread some old favorites but I have also discovered some new ones. Some new books I have enjoyed are Salt to the Sea, Front Desk, and SHOUT. Some old favorites I've revisited are The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, and The Bad Beginning. What books have you been reading?

Domitylle (can only update books rn. sorry) (dom_brlw) | 15 comments I don't remember all the books I've read since the beginning of qurantine (😅it's been so looong) but I remember some of them that I'd like to share here!
I reread the Heros of Olympus series that was even better than the first time I read it!
I read The Beauty and the Beast which was really amazing because it narrates the original story, the one that no one knows!
I am currently reading The Chronicles of Narnia Complete 7-Book Collection with Bonus Book: Boxen which I really love!
I also read Macbeth for school but I really hated it...
So yeah! :)

message 3: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 41 comments Mod
I read The Wicked Deep, Shatter Me, Little Women, The Mortality Doctrine series, and a bunch more!

message 4: by Jia ♥ (new)

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) | 22 comments A bunch of stuff. Seraphina, The Reader, Fountains of Silence, Crooked Kingdom (loved that one), and a ton more

message 5: by lily (new)

lily reads and other things (lilyreadsandotherthings) | 7 comments I've read a lot of stuff the most recent books have been: Nevermoor, Aru Shah and the song if death, The Girl Who Drank The Moon and Small spaces. (I loved them all)

message 6: by Tianna (new)

Tianna hope (tiannasbookplace) I started to read the Percy Jackson series

message 7: by Ananya (new)

Ananya i have read so much in quarantine too!! i read five feet apart, some rereads like flawed and infernal devices trio and aristotle and dante discover the secrets of the universe, more new favs like girls with sharp sticks and heartstopper vol 1

message 8: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I read lots of books during quarantine including the Lorien Legacies series, Red Queen series, Looking For Alaska, The Selection series, Chain of Gold, One of Us is Lying, The Folk of the Air trilogy, Aurora Burning, The Hate U Give and Before I Fall.

message 9: by Ani (new)

Ani (anic) | 54 comments I think I've read about 10 books perhaps? Maybe less... Ruined, Sorcery of Thorns, Dork's Diary, The Selection series. The Hunger Games trilogy and the new book...and some more haha

message 10: by Lacey (new)

Amazing! I have read 59 books since quarantine so far.

message 11: by Ananya (new)

Ananya ive read about 55 books so far! [ive been in quarantine since december end becuase i had some very important exams at that time and then as soon as they were over the pandemic started :( ]

message 12: by Amelie (new)

Amelie I have read 49 books since quarantine started! :)

message 13: by Lacey (new)

That's great!

message 14: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 41 comments Mod
I’ve read 34 books during quarantine, slacking off a bit lol

message 15: by Juuso (new)

Juuso Some books i have read and enjoyed during quarantine: The sun is also a star by Nicola Yoon and Hunger games by Suzanne Collins!

message 16: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) Some of my favorites I've read during quarantine are I'll Give You the Sun, Breathtaking, Things We Know by Heart, and When the Stars Lead to You! But I've read A LOT since quarantine started. Maybe 60 books? Not sure though.

message 17: by lemon (new)

lemon ((cause i'd rather be tested by goddesses)) (makevocaloidgreatagain) i think i read at least 50 books during quarantine…

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I have almost read 80-90 books :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

This is making me feel so bad, the first 3-4 months I was in a reading slump because I was so sad and bored. I don’t know how many I’ve read.

message 20: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs ☾BookyAbby☾ wrote: "This is making me feel so bad, the first 3-4 months I was in a reading slump because I was so sad and bored. I don’t know how many I’ve read."

I feel you! I felt like I should have read much more over quarantine but I really didn't. I just read the first two books of the Mistborn trilogy (currently reading book 3), the Valkyrie trilogy, Kalahari, One of Us is Lying, and the To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy.

message 21: by Josie (new)

Josie (thegeekmiserjocus) | 12 comments I echo your sentiments Bookish Abby and Cat, I started off ambitious (in great part thanks to the O.W.Ls Magical Readathon), but then I got sick and I couldn't focus on books for months. But gratefully my recovery is on the up and up and back to reading books. Though I will say that the majority of the books I've read this year have been during the quarantine. Thus far thine list be:

Exit to Eden by Anne Rampling Everything's Eventual 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King The Thing by Alan Dean Foster Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) by Amie Kaufman Stranded by Bracken MacLeod The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire It Devours! (Welcome to Night Vale, #2) by Joseph Fink Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn The Dead Zone by Stephen King Partners in Crime by Agatha Christie Mark of the Plague (The Blackthorn Key, #2) by Kevin Sands Nightmares! The Sleepwalker Tonic (Nightmares!, #2) by Jason Segel

message 22: by Juuso (new)

Juuso Aria wrote: "I´m happy you like The Hunger Games!!"

I really did!! Can not wait to read the rest of the series!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I've read more than 50 books during quarantine. I used to never use goodreads, though, so I"m not sure about the exact number.

message 24: by Lacey (new)

I read 74 so far! I’ve been in a reading slump for the past few months so I’m trying to get out of that.

message 25: by Lacey (new)

I joined Goodreads in March, when it all started to go down. I’m counting every book I read from March on.