What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Travel diary of visits to strange and weird museums across the USA by male author. read about 2005-2010

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bambi (last edited May 18, 2020 09:59AM) (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments humorous, strange museums, USA travel, male author, fork museum, largest ball of twine

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 18, 2020 10:41AM) (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
Bambi, that's a start but you need to add genre and plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers. Please read the Group Rules.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.) Then we can re-open the thread.

- Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. This will help us narrow down the search.

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 18, 2020 03:53PM) (new)

Thanks for the updating the topic header. This will help moderators and searchers. Re-opening thread.

Non-fiction (autobiography) or fiction?

message 5: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments Kris wrote: "Thanks for the updating the topic header. This will help moderators and searchers. Re-opening thread.

Non-fiction (autobiography) or fiction?"

I am assuming Non-fiction...

message 6: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Offbeat Museums?

America's Strangest Museums?

Cowgirls, Cockroaches and Celebrity Lingerie?"

Thank you. These all look close but still not THE ONE! thank goodness I now keep a journal :-)

message 8: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments All sound like fun but still not the one.
I remember it being a MALE author...
thanks for all the good ideas though :-)

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16979 comments In case it helps anyone, it appears that the world's largest ball of twine is in Cawker City, Kansas. I couldn't find mention of a fork museum anywhere on Google, though.

Did the book look new at the time you read it, or could it have been older?

message 10: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments Thank you so much for looking for me. I received it from a friend years ago so I have no clue how long she had it first. She usually keeps a diary but also has no record of this gem. My husband read it on an airplane and had everyone around us in tears laughing when he just couldn't hold it in. It was truly a LOL kinda book. If you guys can't find it, then no one can. Thanks again...happy reading.

message 11: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments the fork museum could have been in the Salem, Mass area...it seems it may have gone along with some pewter tableware made by Paul Revere...but don't go crazy looking. It is still a great memory of a great laugh.

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16979 comments No worries, that's what we do! We like to search, lol.

Haunting Museums?

America on Display?

Weird, Wonderful America?

Sorry, I know some of these are female authors, but I thought I should mention them just in case.

message 13: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16979 comments Taking Liberties?

Way Off the Road?

Roadside Attractions?

These are all male authors. The last one mentions the world's largest ball of twine!

message 17: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Feb 13, 2021 05:45AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments There was a TV show called "Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations" put on by Kansas City Public Television, in which three men travel across the country and visit grassroots art museums and roadside attractions that "your father would never stop the car for." They made at least one book about it: Rare Visions & Roadside Revelations.

You can watch an episode here: https://www.kansascitypbs.org/local-s...

message 18: by Kris (new)

Bambi, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?

message 19: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments fiction or non fiction?

message 20: by Bambi (new)

Bambi Maze | 7 comments Sorry team, I lost track of this thread. It is non fiction but NO, I still have not found it. Thx

message 21: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16979 comments Thanks for checking back!

Did you definitely rule out all the suggestions mentioned above?