Challenge Corner discussion

The Hating Game
This topic is about The Hating Game
Let's Buddy! - Adult > The Hating Game by Sally Thorne --> Starting June 1st 2020

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 21838 comments Mod
Nemesis (n.) 1) An opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.
2) A person’s undoing
3) Joshua Templeman

Lucy Hutton has always been certain that the nice girl can get the corner office. She’s charming and accommodating and prides herself on being loved by everyone at Bexley & Gamin. Everyone except for coldly efficient, impeccably attired, physically intimidating Joshua Templeman. And the feeling is mutual.

Trapped in a shared office together 40 (OK, 50 or 60) hours a week, they’ve become entrenched in an addictive, ridiculous never-ending game of one-upmanship. There’s the Staring Game. The Mirror Game. The HR Game. Lucy can’t let Joshua beat her at anything—especially when a huge new promotion goes up for the taking.

If Lucy wins this game, she’ll be Joshua’s boss. If she loses, she’ll resign. So why is she suddenly having steamy dreams about Joshua, and dressing for work like she’s got a hot date? After a perfectly innocent elevator ride ends with an earth-shattering kiss, Lucy starts to wonder whether she’s got Joshua Templeman all wrong.

Maybe Lucy Hutton doesn’t hate Joshua Templeman. And maybe, he doesn’t hate her either. Or maybe this is just another game.

message 2: by Isabel (last edited Jun 01, 2020 01:02AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isabel | 858 comments Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

Chapter 9: (view spoiler)

Chapter 20: (view spoiler)

Chapter 27: (view spoiler)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments you are reading so fast 😂😂

Isabel | 858 comments — Massiel wrote: "you are reading so fast 😂😂"

i had a hard time sleeping haha! but you go through that book so damn fast, it's so entertaining!

i just started on The Family Upstairs though ;p

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments yeei! I hope you like it! I just started Hating Game and so far is good, is really interesting.

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Chapter 3
(view spoiler)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Isabel wrote: "Chapter 9: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Isabel | 858 comments — Massiel wrote: "Chapter 11
[spoilers removed]"

right?! this shit got me so frustrated throughout the whole ass novel

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Chapter 11
(view spoiler)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Isabel wrote: "— Massiel wrote: "Chapter 11
[spoilers removed]"

right?! this shit got me so frustrated throughout the whole ass novel"

Wait... this go on a lot more? Ugh.

message 11: by Isabel (last edited Jun 02, 2020 01:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isabel | 858 comments — Massiel wrote: "Isabel wrote: "— Massiel wrote: "Chapter 11
[spoilers removed]"

right?! this shit got me so frustrated throughout the whole ass novel"

Wait... this go on a lot more? Ugh."

i mean, for me it's half the charm i suppose but it does get better further on hahahah

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments @Isabel: I totally get it now lmfao 😂 and yes! I already see the charm.

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Chapter 17
(view spoiler)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Isabel wrote: "Chapter 20: [spoilers removed]

Chapter 27: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Isabel | 858 comments — Massiel wrote: "Chapter 17
[spoilers removed]"

The sexual tension between them is unreal!

Isabel | 858 comments — Massiel wrote: "Finished
[spoilers removed]"

i agree! The ending was so nice and it was just cute to see them together and being eupportive towards one another

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Isabel wrote: "— Massiel wrote: "Chapter 17
[spoilers removed]"

The sexual tension between them is unreal!"

RIGHT? 😂😂

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 455 comments Isabel wrote: "i agree! The ending was so nice and it was just cute to see them together and being eupportive towards one another"

I waited so long for those words between them Lucy keep pushing him off because of it but Joshua really know her.