What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Little Man's Lucky Day
This topic is about Little Man's Lucky Day
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Picture book - unlucky man with four leaf clover [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Hi everyone

I'm looking for a children's picture book, probably published in the 80s or early 90s. It was fully illustrated in a painterly style.

It was about a little man on a stroll through the forest. It was about luck - he had a four leaf clover that he carried around (I think he was small because the clover was about the size of an umbrella to him!). Along the way I think he encountered different animals and may have had unlucky mishaps too.

Thank you!!

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2054 comments Do you think the little man could have been a leprechaun?

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Hi Becca - no I don't think he was. I don't remember him having a hat, but he definitely didn't have a beard!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33278 comments Mod
Little Man's Lucky Day by Max Velthuijs? Here's one cover image: Klein-Mannetje vindt het geluk by Max Velthuijs

Subjects: Clover - Juvenile fiction. Fortune. Animals. Luck. Dutch author & illustrator.

https://www.worldcat.org/title/little...

Search: https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsear... > Keyword: man four leaf clover | 1960-1997 ? | Juvenile | Fiction | Book | English

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine | 10 comments Kris wrote: "Little Man's Lucky Day by Max Velthuijs? Here's one cover image: Klein-Mannetje vindt het geluk by Max Velthuijs

Subjects: Clover - Juvenile fiction. Fortune. Animals..."

Kris, thank you! That is it! I have been searching everywhere for it.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33278 comments Mod
You're welcome. Glad you found your book, Christine. I find Worldcat.org is a great site for finding old children's books.