What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Graphic Novel Featuring Oz-like Characters, Elves, A Man Who Straps Himself to a Rocket and Turns into a Star, A House Frozen in Time, Underground Mushroom

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (last edited May 17, 2020 01:36PM) (new)

Annie | 2 comments Hi! I would like some help finding this graphic novel. From what I can remember (spoilers ahead):

1. Plot: involves multiple storylines—none comedic, all quite serious, and/or adventure-based. There's a story of a father who strapped himself to a rocket and became a star. Another featured a story of a group of elf-like creatures and a woman who was shunned from her community because she decided to marry a human man. I also think there was an underground mushroom scene and an underground waterfall. (The characters "fell" underground by peering into a pool of water.) There was also a story of a house frozen in time and ivy plants covering the house. In general, the tone of the book was moody and sad and I loved it. The illustrations were beautiful - color & pen, I think. Genre: Graphic Novel for Teens.
2. I read the book in middle school/high school, so it must've been between 2010-2015. It was recently published when I read it. The cover image was really beautiful and I think it featured all the characters. Published in English.

Would be grateful for any leads! Thank you.

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie | 2 comments Guess Google Search worked after multiple searches! In case anyone else wants to know, the book is called: "Adventures in Oz" by Eric Shanover. Good stuff.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Glad you found it!

Adventures in Oz for the link.