What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Adventure Late '70s 5 Friends Break Into a Compound by Drugging a Lion/Tiger With Hamburger and Sleeping Pills

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Schriml | 2 comments I read this book around 1979-81 possibly as late as 82. Had a group of four or five teen friends, all boys in grade seven who play baseball, who got into some sort of trouble and end up breaking into someone's compound by filling up hamburger with sleeping pills and feeding those to a lion/tiger.

One character was described as very tall and could dress like a wire coat hanger at Halloween. It was relatively light hearted.

After reading a bunch of Gordon Korman with my daughter I thought he may have been the authour as his style sure rings a bell. I'venlooked at all his books from that era and it doesn't appear to be any of them.

Thanks!

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited May 17, 2020 06:05AM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1661 comments It sounds exactly like The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys by Chris Fuhrman -- but this wasn't published until 1994. It was made into a movie with Jodie Foster as Sister Assumpta.

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Schriml | 2 comments Definitely not it but that sounds like a great book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chris Fuhrman (other topics)