Play Book Tag discussion

This Is How You Lose the Time War
This topic is about This Is How You Lose the Time War
May 2020: Other Books > This is How You Lose the Time War - Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone (4 1/2)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1312 comments This Is How You Lose the Time War - Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone

4 1/2

This is a book about two agents on different sides of a time war who begin to write each other letters and become friends despite their status as enemies. The writing is very beautiful, symbolic, and flowery. Written in an epistolary format, the reader sees how their relationship evolves throughout the book despite the danger of their allies finding out. It is a very emotional book that is much more about their relationship than the plot of a time war. The reader never really knows (although it is hinted at) how the war began and why, so if you are interested in time travel adventures, this one might not be for you. It was unique and beautifully written. I think I might want to listen to this one on audio sometime. I am sure the poetic language is well suited to listening.

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5008 comments This is probably the strangest book I ever loved. The poetic language is wonderful on audio. You describe the characters as friends, but the audio gives it a more romantic and sensual tone. One of the narrators was especially seductive. The book has two authors and I’d like to read more from them.

Jgrace | 2762 comments I think this is my favorite book so far this year. I'm so glad you liked it.