What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sweetheart, Evil Heart (Fear Street Seniors, #8)
This topic is about Sweetheart, Evil Heart
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Horror Book; Guy with 2 girlfriends discovers a letter in a desk in his attic, and begins dating the "ghost girl" who sent it. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments I am looking for this book that I read when I was younger. It's YA Horror I believe. I thought it was a Fear Street book, but apparently it's not. Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's about this guy who is a huge player, and has 2 girlfriends. He finds this letter from a girl in a desk in his attic and it turns out she's a ghost girl and he starts dating her too (wow, what a creep), and they write letters back and forth. Eventually it turns out that the ghost girl isn't real and that the letters were actually from his girlfriends who found out they were being cheated on and made this whole elaborate plan to get back at him. I probably read the book in 2004.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments I also remember that one of the girls is his "main girlfriend" that everyone knows about, and that his second girlfriend is possibly under the impression that he will leave his "main girlfriend" for her.

At one point, just before he finds the first letter, he's in the attic of his house with one of his girlfriends and that's how she slips the first letter into the desk.

I also think that one of the themes of the story is that he has to decide which girl to take to the prom (or other school dance).

It's definitely in the same genre as R.L. Stine's Fear Street books, but I can't find a Fear Street book with this description.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments It turns out there are more Fear Street books than I thought, so it's possible this IS a Fear Street book and I just haven't found it yet.

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments Spoiler:

Pretty sure near the end of the book, the ghost girl asks him to meet in person, and he is confronted by both of his girlfriends.

message 5: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments Bump!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your request (post a comment) every 30+ days -- or sooner if you remember more information. Not more often because this group is so large.

message 7: by Ryan (last edited Jun 15, 2020 02:06PM) (new)

Ryan (ryancan564) | 60 comments Are you thinking of Sweetheart, Evil Heart from the Fear Street Seniors? Plot sounds really similar to it, but it's three girlfriends

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments Ryan wrote: "Are you thinking of Sweetheart, Evil Heart from the Fear Street Seniors? Plot sounds really similar to it, but it's three girlfriends"

Oh my gosh, yes! This is it!!! Thank you!!!