What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Thriller from 90's-2010ish? Man tries to escape building while mercenaries hunt him

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia Boyd (new)

Alicia Boyd | 1 comments I read this book a long time ago, probably in the late 90s - early 2000's. I think it was pretty new. I had thought that it was a Lee Child book, but I can't find one with the description in his works list.

Book was about a former armed forces (Vietnam vet?) guy who now worked for a corporation and when he comes to work one day his boss tries to shoot him. He escapes, but finds that a bunch of mercenaries/special ops? teams are hunting him through the office building that he is trapped in.

Spoilers:

It turns out that he had been exposed to germ warfare in his work and was/was about to be infectious. He escapes and travels to the wilderness in Colorado to die in peace, but the altitude cures whatever he has.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments I'm pretty sure I started to read this book several years ago but didn't get past the first few chapters. I always wondered why they were trying to kill him, so thanks for the spoiler. Unfortunately I have no recollection of the title or author. I'll think on it.

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Maybe Vertical Run by Joseph Garber? Someone mentioned it on another forum, or I never would've remembered the title.

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (swynn68) | 76 comments +1 for Vertical Run

I did finish the book, and can confirm the spoiler.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vertical Run (other topics)