Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Multi Pov, WW2/WW1, and Contemporary Recs

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valerie lucia (new)

valerie lucia (beachwaves) | 1 comments Hey there!

I've had a lot of time on my hands due to quarantine and I've decided reading is how I'm going to spend it. If you have any recommendations for the following three categories (? Is that what you call them?) please please tell me.

1) Multi POV novels (Game of Thrones, Six of Crows, and House of Dragons come to mind but any YA genre is fine). I find these tend to be very character-driven and I love books with large casts in general (if they're done well ofc).

2) I love historical fiction but I've recently been really into researching WW1 and WW2. I read Lovely War a while ago and greatly enjoyed it so something like that would be great.

3) I'm a sucker for YA contemporary, but I'm especially looking for gritty/edgy type books, series where each book can be read as a standalone, and/or those books about rich teenagers (All of the characters from The Royals have my heart).

Thanks so much!

message 2: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 285 comments Aurora Rising has a large cast of characters with multiple POVs. As does Wonder Woman: Warbringer.

message 3: by Louie (new)

Louie | 372 comments I've been wanting to read this historical fic set during World War 2 that came out last year called Within These Lines by Stephanie Morrill about an interracial romance between Italian-American Evalina and Japanese-American Taichi.

message 4: by Clair (new)

Clair | 20 comments For multi POV, I recommend legend by Marie lu (four set series) which is one of my favourites, cinder from the lunar chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. However cinder is mostly following the main character with some chapters for another character but I still highly recommend.

For some WW1/2, the wrong boy, milkweed and prisoner b-3087 is highly suggested.