What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Childrens book with a stick-man type character

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David | 6 comments I remember reading a childrens book to my daughter donkey's years ago, but before 2000. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, but it was really well illustrated and was about a figure that had various small adventures. One of the things it met was a stick-man and possibly a bucket of water and a fire. It might have been fables? A collection of short stories maybe, but the one I'm trying to think of is the one with a stick. Maybe the stick-man was the main character. Sorry to be so vague :)
It's definitely NOT The Stick Man by Julia Donaldson.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 4: by David (new)

David | 6 comments No, neither of those, but thanks.

message 5: by 5hawna (new)

5hawna 7an 10 (5hawna7an10) | 17 comments Diary of a Wimpy Kid ?

message 7: by David (new)

David | 6 comments No, it's neither of them, thanks you anyway.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
David, can you describe the illustrations - e.g., simple or detailed, realistic or cartoony, painted watercolors or bold graphics, bright or dark colors, black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?

message 9: by David (new)

David | 6 comments I remember the illustrations being beautiful and intricate, like Chris Riddell's work: http://www.brightongraphicsillustrati... but I don't think it was actually his drawings. I can't find it by looking through examples of his work anyway. The book was definitely in colour, but not garish.