What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Museum of Thieves (The Keepers Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Museum of Thieves
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Dystopia/fantasy; 2010-2015; All children must be bound by ropes to an adult/object at all times. Main character (girl) hates this, wants to rebel. Plans to free herself on a special day where all children can remove their ropes. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Dimi | 2 comments The plot details in the header are only the beginning of the first book.
Other details I remember: she meets a group of other rebels. One thing the old man mentor tells her to do to train her is she has to communicate in sign language (which she already knows) with another boy (who also knows sign language, but a different form, so it's a challenge). Another thing they teach her is how to melt into the shadows and become invisible to someone looking straight at her.

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 287 comments Museum of Thieves (The Keepers, #1) by Lian Tanner

I didn't love most of it, but the "steal freedom from tyranny" bit was so good it made the hair on my neck stand up.

message 3: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Dimi | 2 comments Cupcakedoll wrote: "Museum of Thieves (The Keepers, #1) by Lian Tanner

I didn't love most of it, but the "steal freedom from tyranny" bit was so good it made the hair on my neck stand up."

Thank you so much!