Shut Up & Read discussion

Archived Pick It For Me > June Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Leigh | 15889 comments Mod
What's a TBR Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

Like the name implies, those who participate in this monthly challenge will have a book selected for them by a partner. Partners will be randomly paired up. You will choose a book for your partner from their to read list (TBR), and they will choose one for you from your TBR list.

Once you have picked the book, come back to this thread and post what book you have chose for your partner. Also send a message to the person with the name of the book you have selected for them. Then when you're done with your book, come back to this thread and post your opinion so we know you have completed the challenge.

For this challenge, you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable) or make the person you're paired with your friend. I strongly advise keeping your bookshelves updated, otherwise you might end up with a recommendation for something that you've already read.

Sign up period will remain open until May 28th and you'll have until June 1st to make a selection for your partner.

EVERYONE TO FINISHE THIS CHALLENGE WILL RECEIVE THIS BADGE.
badge-3

message 4: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Not going to miss this month

here is my list

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Elsa, I have added you.

message 8: by Taya (new)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in
please use my owned-books-tbr-read or my-reading-tbr

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

I have added everyone.

message 12: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Cátia wrote: "I´m in
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

I have added you.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2092 comments Leigh you didn’t put my name on the list

message 14: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Christine wrote: "Leigh you didn’t put my name on the list"

I'm sorry. I added you.

message 15: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (last edited May 28, 2020 06:49PM) (new)

PAIRS ARE UP
Message your pair if they haven't picked for you by June 1st. If they don't respond let me know.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Elsa

for you I picked Retrace by Sigal Ehrlich , Freshman Fourteen by Beth Rodgers , Spectacle by Angie McCullagh

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 2092 comments Catia,

The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington , Just the Way You Are by Lynsey James , Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry

message 18: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 220 comments Christine my pick for you is Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes , hope you like it :)

message 19: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 220 comments should i choose 2 more? I thought it was only 1 book?

message 20: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 220 comments Christine I will choose The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington , I´m looking forward to read it, thanks

message 21: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Cátia wrote: "should i choose 2 more? I thought it was only 1 book?"

You are only required to pick and read 1 book. Some of us pick 3 books for our pair.

message 22: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Leigh can you fix my link? You must have put Taya's name in it when making the pairs.

message 23: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Taya for you:

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Chosen (House of Night, #3) by P.C. Cast Looking for Alaska by John Green

All 5 stars for me

Happy Reading

message 24: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie wrote: "Leigh can you fix my link? You must have put Taya's name in it when making the pairs."

I fixed it.

message 25: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Thank you.

message 26: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Carrie wrote: "Thank you."

You are welcome.

message 27: by Elsa (last edited Jun 01, 2020 05:02AM) (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments Arena, thanks for my picks and I haven't forgotten you, but I was a little busy this weekend with the protest at the city police department. (I'm a deputy).

Your two picks are

Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts Where the Heart Is and/or Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight

message 28: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Does everyone have picks? If not message your pair.

message 29: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Elsa wrote: "Arena, thanks for my picks and I haven't forgotten you, but I was a little busy this weekend with the protest at the city police department. (I'm a deputy).

Your two picks are

[bookcover:Where t..."

I'm glad you are safe.

message 30: by Taya (new)

Taya Fosmire (bibliotaya) | 134 comments Carrie, sorry i'm late to picking these. thank you for my picks, can't wait to get to them. hope you enjoy one or all of the following

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien Nancy Drew Mystery Stories The Secret of The Old Clock and The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman

message 31: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 291 comments Taya wrote: "Carrie, sorry i'm late to picking these. thank you for my picks, can't wait to get to them. hope you enjoy one or all of the following

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien [bookcover:Nancy D..."

Thank you :)

message 32: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Does everyone have picks?

message 33: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 414 comments I finished 6/26 Retrace by Sigal Ehrlich Retrace

I gave it 3

message 34: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Congratulations Elsa! It looks like you were the only one to read your pick. Here is your badge.
badge-3

message 35: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 220 comments I tried to read mine The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington but didn´t finish it...maybe another time

message 36: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new)

Cátia wrote: "I tried to read mine The Life You Left by Carmel Harringtonbut didn´t finish it...maybe another time"

Sorry you didnt like it. Maybe you would like one of the other picks.