What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Horror - Either from a multiple or singular story book, the important story was about an old couple in the mountains being visited by black-eyed cannibal children who never cease to be hungry

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tori :) (new)

Tori :) G. (ladyofthepigeons) | 7 comments I read this story around 2009/10 in a book that was either a small collection of short horror stories put together or just this singular story (my money is on multiple because I am pretty sure there were other stories around it, however I don't remember them because clearly this story was the winner). I need to make it clear that this book is not of the "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" series, though it is similar.

The story that I remember vividly was about an old couple that lived in the mountains. One day, a strange boy and girl show up at their doorstep hungry. The couple feed them and notice a couple of weird aspects to them: they only like meat, they have sharp teeth, and they have completely black eyes. I don't remember if the children leave and keep coming back or if they end up staying with the couple but their hunger becomes more and more insatiable to the point where it is implied that they eat the couple. I also believe lemonade was a part of this story (the old woman offers it?).

Please let me know if this sounds familiar, I have been dying to find this story again.

message 2: by Jaiden (new)

Jaiden | 31 comments When the Black-Eyed Children Knock & Other Stories
Just a possibility, let me know if this is it! :3

message 4: by Tori :) (new)

Tori :) G. (ladyofthepigeons) | 7 comments Emma wrote: "When the Black-Eyed Children Knock & Other Stories
Just a possibility, let me know if this is it! :3"

I just looked through the Wattpad of this book and unfortunately this isn't the one. I'm sure the book I'm looking for is older and more in the style of the Scary Stories series because there was artwork of the two children on the cover or on the back.

message 5: by Jaiden (new)

Jaiden | 31 comments Following

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Tori, is this a Wattpad or self-published story?

message 7: by Tori :) (new)

Tori :) G. (ladyofthepigeons) | 7 comments Kris wrote: "Tori, is this a Wattpad or self-published story?"

Nope! I know it seems like it would be but it was not. The book actually came with black-and-white drawings of the children which were very eerie. They were drawn with long faces, black eyes, and had a rather rugged, country look to them.

message 8: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (54viruses) | 16 comments Black-eyed children seems to be a common theme. Can you remember any other details?