This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I'm making myself sick...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) wow King... there are several tunes on there I haven't thought about since forever. Wow... the 70s... that's some wicked memorabilia.

How about:

Knock Three Times - Tony Orlando and Dawn

King of the Road - Roger Miller

Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn

Maureen Mcgovern - The Morning After

Three Dog Night - Shambala

FLY, ROBIN, FLY - Silver Convention

Terry Jacks Season In The Sun

Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy Don't Be A Hero

Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boys Room

wow... those were some weird music years.

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim (kmdoubleday) I remember rocking out to "The Gambler" when I was young.
Unfortunately, the hospital that I had my oldest daughter at was, I would assume, the same hospital that Kenny Rogers had one of his kids in, or so I think we were told, but anyway there was this HUGE, I mean, 5'x7' sized photo of Kenny holding a newborn in the room where our birthing classes were held and I remember having to sit there each week, staring at the damn thing.
so now Kenny Rogers = birth pain

shame, really.

Servius  Heiner sounds like good birth control to me ;)

message 4: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) my mom loved Kenny Rogers too... and John Denver... and James Taylor, Carly Simon, Carol King... and, inexplicably, L. Subramanium.

I am groove deficient because my parents poisoned me with soft rock and folk music.

message 5: by Dash (new)

Dash I am remembering Harry Nilsson... "Everybody's Talkin"... "Without You" .... "Coconut"

Any other Nilsson fans out there?

My all-time fave of his: "Your Breaking My heart, Your tearing it apart... so fuck you!"

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Dash, I think you are my soul mate!!!!!!!! I totally put fuck you on the Soundtrack of our Lives thread.

I feel there are so few Nilsson fans out there. Sigh.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Now I'm going to have Snowbird stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Mar 20, 2008 04:15PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I love Harry Nilsson. "Everybody's Talkin'" and "I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City" are fantastic. Oh and also "The Puppy Song."

The soundtrack to You've Got Mail is so fantastic. Not only does it have the above songs, but it's also got The Cranberries and Jimmy Durante. Seriously. Brilliant.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ingenting) My mom used to listen to Barry Manilow on 8-track.

T__T : Did I do that right, Val?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.