What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The War Between the Pitiful Teachers and the Splendid Kids
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. School trying to turn students into brainwashed mini-adults. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fern | 3 comments Children's book, read in the early 90s. I'm guessing it is about 5th grade reading level. The school is trying to send each student into a machine that causes them to come out as well-behaved mini adults, and some students are trying to stop it from happening. Their plan involves leaving a couple of good teachers out of it, and the principal might be the primary antagonist.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34457 comments Mod
Fern, who invented the brainwashing machine?

What's the tone - e.g., science fiction, thriller, adventure, funny, silly?

What's the location (country/region/city/small town)?

Are there illustrations throughout the book?

message 3: by Ky (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ky | 126 comments The War Between the Pitiful Teachers and the Splendid Kids by Stanley Kiesel? Mr. Foreclosure has a plan to turn the kids into Young People using the Status Quo Solidifier but Skinny Malinky and the other kids are against his plan.

message 4: by JennAnn (new)

JennAnn | 19 comments I think my children had a book with a plot similar to this. It was “Mr Browser and the Brain Sharpeners” by Philip Curtis. It involved aliens and I think it was part of a series.

message 5: by 5hawna (new)

5hawna 7an 10 (5hawna7an10) | 17 comments Maybe it's Captain Underpants? one of it

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16953 comments Mr Browser and the Brain Sharpeners for JennAnn's suggestion.

Can't be anything related to Captain Underpants. OP read her book in the early '90s.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34457 comments Mod
Fern, are you still looking for this book or did you find it?

Fern | 3 comments Ky wrote: "The War Between the Pitiful Teachers and the Splendid Kids by Stanley Kiesel? Mr. Foreclosure has a plan to turn the kids into Young People using the Status Quo Solidi..."

Oh my gosh! Yes! "The War Between the Pitiful Teachers and the Splendid Kids." Thank you!

message 10: by Tine (new)

Tine Van stappen (tinevanstappen) | 4 comments sounds like real life ;)

message 11: by Fern (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fern | 3 comments And thank you everyone else for helping.