Literally Dead Book Club discussion

general > TBR lists.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Chelice (new)

Chelice Rogers | 28 comments So I know we’re all adding The Other People to our February TBR lists, but thought it would be fun to share any other books we plan on reading next month.

Could end up with a few buddy reads or simply just finding people with similar tastes.

Mine is

The Chalk Man by C J Tudor
Anger is an Enemy by John Lyndon
We Were On A Break by Lindsey Kelk
I Found You by Lisa Jewel
The Missing by C L Taylor
The Escape by C L Taylor
The Shining by Stephen King

I found myself kind of getting into a rut with only reading popular Thrillers which I love but I’ve set myself some goals to expand my reading habits and branch out into different genres.

If anyone has any of these on their TBR feel free to message me about buddy reads. Also, would love your recommendations on other genre books I might like.

ReadAlongWithSue | 56 comments Great post 😁

I’m planning on reading

What It Seems by Emily Bleeker

Little Friends by Jane Shemilt

Then She Vanishes by Claire Douglas

Strangers by C.L. Taylor

And hopefully

Girls on the Verge by Sharon Biggs Waller

message 3: by Kai (new)

Kai | 5 comments Gemina (the second Illuminae book), thunderhead, the prince’s dressmaker, maybe serpent and dove?

message 4: by daisy (last edited Jan 26, 2020 04:13PM) (new)

daisy (daisyant) hey, the books i'm looking to read in the next month or so are:

see you tomorrow - tore renberg
radio silence - alice oseman
vengeful - v e schwab
loveboat taipei - abigail hing wen
children of virtue and vengeance - tomi adeyemi
the death of mrs westaway - ruth ware

open to buddy reading any of these soon if anyone is interested :)

message 5: by Chelice (new)

Chelice Rogers | 28 comments Daisy I would definitely be up for doing a buddy read for The Death Of Mrs Westaway. It’s been on my to read list for ages. Haven’t bought a copy yet and probably won’t have the time to read it in February as I’m already being pretty optimistic with my TBR considering I’m due a baby slap bang in the middle of the month, but if you still haven’t read it by March, drop me a message and we can buddy read it ☺️

message 6: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leigholive) | 32 comments I would be up for reading The Death of Mrs Westaway in March :). It’s been on my TBR and would be cool to read it with some people!!!

My February TBR might be:
- Red, White & Royal Blue
- Daisy Jones & The Six
- Imaginary Friend (probably leading into March)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 6 comments I’ve had The Death of Mrs. Westaway on my TBR for a while now. Maybe I’ll finally have an excuse to finally get to it.

My current TBR for February is looking like...

The Other People (of course)
Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
Sadie by Courtney Summers

I’m still a little bit knew to ready so I don’t usually get anymore than 3-4ish books a month sometimes only 1. But we can hope February will be a good month if reading for me.

message 8: by Chelice (new)

Chelice Rogers | 28 comments Oh this is cool then, seems a few of us are up for The death of Mrs Westaway. If everyone who does want to take part in a buddy read of it. Feel free to message me and we could set up a thread on here at the end of feb ☺️

message 9: by Lela (new)

Lela Shelton (adventuresoftrudence) Leigh wrote: "I would be up for reading The Death of Mrs Westaway in March :). It’s been on my TBR and would be cool to read it with some people!!!

- Daisy J..."

Red White and Royal Blue has been on my shelf for ages! I’ve never done a buddy read before and honesty don’t even know how they work, but I’m down for a buddy read if you are!

message 10: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leigholive) | 32 comments Lela wrote: "Leigh wrote: "I would be up for reading The Death of Mrs Westaway in March :). It’s been on my TBR and would be cool to read it with some people!!!

- Red, White & Royal ..."

I'm down! Message me and we can set one up for sure :)

message 11: by Ainsley (new)

Ainsley (ainsleysophia) | 2 comments Books I know I will read in February:
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami Currently reading
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling

Books I might get from the library:
- An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon
- Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis
- Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
- Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me by Mariko Tamaki

message 12: by daisy (new)

daisy (daisyant) Chelice wrote: "Oh this is cool then, seems a few of us are up for The death of Mrs Westaway. If everyone who does want to take part in a buddy read of it. Feel free to message me and we could set up a thread on h..."
would be up for this!

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam  (sam222) | 3 comments I will be reading

Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
The Drawing of the Three (The Dark Tower, #2) by Stephen King
Needful Things by Stephen King
Little Heaven by Nick Cutter

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine | 31 comments The Other People by CJ Tudor is obviously one but I don't know what else is in my TBR because I pick my books out of a jar. I have so many I want to read that I can't pick and choose.

message 15: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 8 comments Here is my February TBR:

A Wrinkle in Time
Of Blood and Bone
Small Game Hunting at the Local Coward Gun Club
Son of a Trickster
From the Ashes

I'm doing a big focus on Canada Reads 2020 shortlisted books for Feb :) I am also taking part in thrillerathon (Feb 15-23) and haven't made my TBR yet but there will be some thrillers on there!

message 16: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 8 comments Leigh wrote: "I would be up for reading The Death of Mrs Westaway in March :). It’s been on my TBR and would be cool to read it with some people!!!

- Daisy J..."

Loved Daisy Jones & the Six, I hope you do to!

message 17: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 8 comments sue wrote: "Great post 😁

I’m planning on reading

What It Seems by Emily Bleeker

Little Friends by Jane Shemilt

Then She Vanishes by Claire Douglas

Strangers by C.L. Taylor

And hopefully..."

Sue, I loved girls on the verge. Its such an important eye opening novel! Would love to discuss it with you when you read it!

message 18: by Stella❤️ (new)

Stella❤️ 孔凡星 (stella_conway6) A few books I plan to read in February...

Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar
The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson
Maybe This Time by Kasie West
Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan

Happy reading to everyone :)

message 19: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Selph (savyselph) | 6 comments My Feb TBR is:

The Other People - C J Tudor
Throne of Glass - Sarah J Maas (Readathon/Buddy read I've started with my friend that we weren't expecting, you can look up @savyselph on IG and I just posted about it)
Elantris - Brandon Sanderson (part of #cosmerealong)

There's a few audiobooks I haven't gotten around to like Bunny - Mona Awad, Six of Crows, The Blade Itself, Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, Ninth House...

message 20: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 3 comments February TBR as of right now (not including audiobooks and ebooks which will be chosen based on availability)

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
Miracle Creek - Angie Kim
Death on the Nile - Agatha Christie
Book Love - Debbie Tung
The Other People - CJ Tudor (if my library hold comes in on time)

If there is time: The FInal Empire (Mistborn) - Brandon Sanderson

message 21: by Karls (new)

Karls D. A. (hyuknice) | 3 comments my current tbr as of right now, subject to change according to my mood lol:

As You Wish by Chelsea Sedoti The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks The Vanishing Season (The Collector, #4) by Dot Hutchison Immunity (Contagion, #2) by Erin Bowman Little Heaven by Nick Cutter The Stand by Stephen King It by Stephen King Wilde Intent (Ashcroft Academy, #2) by K.M. Charron Unbound by Shawn Speakman

in no particular order, though the two King books in there are mostly a maaaaybe kind of thing, i've been reading The Stand for about three years now... so i have to start it all over again, the size of both books is... daunting

good luck to everyone! may you have a good reading month (:

message 22: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (icedragon6421) I'm not a mood reader, and on average read 15 books+ a month so I plan, basically, my whole reading month in advance. So my TBR is long AF, so sorry in advance..:

Mr. Gum and the Power Crystals by Andy Stanton.
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan.
Lock Every Door by Riley Sager.
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness.
The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang.
Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
Bunny by Mona Awad.
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer.
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis.
Mr. Gum and the Dancing Bear by Andy Stanton.
Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han.
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead.
A Shiver of Snow and Sky by Lisa Lueddecke.
A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell.
Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan.
The Other People by C. J. Tudor.
Mythos by Stephen Fry.
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater.
Step Sister by Jeniffer Donnelly.
A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Blood by George R. R. Martin.

I'm also planning on taking out of the library; 'Turn of the Key' by Ruth Ware because I recently read 'The Death of Mrs. Westaway' and 'The Taking of Annie Thorne' by C. J. Tudor because as much as I'm obviously going to be reading 'The Other People' I didn't enjoy the 'The Chalk Man' so I want to read Tudor's other 2 books to make a final decision on whether or not her future books are for me.

Obviously planning on reading so many books, I'm not going to get to them all, but a TBR is what you're planning to read so this is what I hope to get to.

message 23: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 6 comments Thinking I’ll be able to get to:
The haunting of hill house
Elevation
Less
Baby teeth
The last time I lied
Bunny
The whisper man
Little fires everywhere
My sister, the serial killer

Trying to branch out a little this year and read at least one book that’s not a thriller.

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary (marybeougherauthor) | 5 comments I have a TBR shelf on my profile. It changes all the time, so... that’s probably the best place to see what I’m going to read.

message 25: by Lauren (last edited Jan 27, 2020 10:02PM) (new)

Lauren (laurenm2111) | 1 comments I'm planning on reading:
1. The Other People (obviously)
2. You
3. Before The Devil Breaks You
4. The Drawing of Three (Dark Tower book2)
5. Seduction In Death
6. The Picture of Dorian Gray
7. Elantris
8. The Stranger Beside Me
......as well as what ever other mood reads strike my fancy.....

My goals this year are to read books I already own on my shelves, as well as getting through 1 classic every 2 months and 1 Stephen King every 2 months.
I am taking part in the #darktower2020 challenge - so I can finally read The Dark Tower series, as well as the #cosmereathon for all of Brandon Sanderson's fantasy books, and the #indeathreadalong for JD Robb's In Death series.

message 26: by Tithi (new)

Tithi Chatterjee | 4 comments I am planning on reading some classics so these probably will be my next reads-
1. The Great Gatsby
2. Persuasion
3. Jane Eyre
4. Moby Dick

Emma ( Mrsbreads )  | 8 comments I plan on reading

- the other people
- mindhunter
- fire and blood
- rich people problems
- color me in
- my sister the serial killer

And if I get time

- Carrie
- conversations of a conscious black girl

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura My TBR is a bit ambitious for me, but!

Black Beauty - Anna Sewell
King of Crows - Libba Bray
Beatrice and Virgil - Yann Martel
Beartown - Fredrik Backman
Book Love - Debbie Tung (admittedly this is more of a coffee table book so this one is loosely considered reading lol)
the Better Liar - Tanen Jones
the Bromance Book Club -Lyssa Kay Adams
& the Other People

Plus i'm slowly working through the illustrated Harry Potters so i'll probably start Prisoner of Azkaban next month too

message 29: by Chelice (new)

Chelice Rogers | 28 comments So many varied TBR’s!! One of my goals is to read other genres apart from thrillers so if any of you have any recommendations for literally any other genre I would be very grateful for them! It’s been so long that I struggle to find any that Interest me.

message 30: by Awbrey (new)

Awbrey Stovall | 5 comments My February TBR includes:

Dress codes for Small Towns - Courtney Stevens
The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard
Strange Exit - Parker Peevyhouse
The Tea Dragon Society - Katie O’Neill
Pygmalion - George Bernard Shaw
My Fair Lady - Alan Jay Lerner
The Taming of the Shrew - William Shakespeare
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Becky Albertalli
The Snow Child - Eowyn Ivey
One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd - Jim Fergus
The Starless Sea - Erin Morgenstern

message 31: by Chelley (new)

Chelley Marie | 3 comments So far I have 5...

The stranger beside me- Ann rule
The other people - c j Tudor
Firestarter (reread) Stephen king
Get a life chloe brown talia hibbert
Beneath the sugar sky sea an mcguire

message 32: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Lenders | 8 comments My overly ambitious reading plans for February include:

The Dark Half - Stephen King
Behind Closed Doors - BA Paris
The Other People - CJ Tudor
and to at least start, A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara

If anyone plans on reading any of these books (besides the group book obviously) let me know - I love buddy reading books! :)

message 33: by Lela (new)

Lela Shelton (adventuresoftrudence) Any one down for buddy reading the Wheel of Time series at some point? I want to read it so bad, but I’m absolutely terrified of it. It’s gigantic.

message 34: by Josh (last edited Jan 28, 2020 07:52AM) (new)

Josh Hedgepeth (jjosh_h) | 6 comments I have a very ambitious TBR for February, but I will be reading mostly black authors for Black History Month. I will try to fit The Other Man in towards the end of Feb, and if I can't I'll try to read it first thing March. I'll be reading books by Toni Morrison, Octavia Butler, Roxane Gay, Nnedi Okorafor, N.K. Jemisin and others.

message 35: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (moosecreekbooknook) | 4 comments My February TBR is a little crazy, but I know I won't be able to get to them all. One of my goals for this year is to read some of the fantasy and Sci-fi series I've had on my shelf for a really long time (some as long as 20 years) Besides The Other People I'm hoping to get to:

The Great Hunt - Robert Jordan
Beyond Varallan - S. L. Biehl
Dragon flight - Anne McCaffrey
Elantris - Brandon Sanderson (#Cosmerealong)
City of the Lost - Kelley Armstrong
Lord Foul's Bane - Stephen R. Donaldson
The City of Brass - S. A. Chakraborty
Prisoner's of Hope - Barbara Fradkin
Barkskins - Annie Proulx
Crime and Punishment (This is a 2 month group read along for February and March

message 36: by Kris (new)

Kris | 3 comments I’m hopefully going to read:

11/22/63 by Stephen King
Kill Creek by Scott Thomas
The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Killman Creek by Rachel Caine
The Other People by C.J. Tudor

message 37: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (booknook43) I generally never follow a strict TBR but I know that these book I may read within the next month or so:

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore
Survive the Night by Danielle Vega
The Something Strange and Deadly Series by Susan Dennard
Love from A to Z by S.K. Ali
The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
and
The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele

just to name a few!

message 38: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (yxaj) | 1 comments I'm participating in Blackathon next month (and contemporaryathon, but that's less "active" in my mind), so my list is Black authors and/or Black characters:

Becoming by Michelle Obama
The Deep by Rivers Solomon
Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
How Long 'til Black Future Month? by N.K. Jemisin
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
Learning to Breathe by Janice Lynn Mather
Look Both Ways by Jason Reynolds
The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin
Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
Pet by Akwaeke Emezi
The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
Slay by Brittney Morris
The Stars and the Blackness Between Them by Junauda Petrus
Tight by Torrey Maldonado

I'm really excited to read all of these because some of them have been on my TBR for a while. I'm also surprised that almost all of these books are shorter than books I usually read, and I wonder if it's correlated with the author's identity.

message 39: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) | 6 comments I'd like to read The Wives by Tarryn Fisher and Regretting You by Colleen Hoover. Hopefully I'll be in the mood for Bright Side by Kim Holden as well, but that's all I've got planned :)

message 40: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth | 8 comments - the shining
- Catch and Kill
- A curse so dark and lonely
- The last wish (Witcher)
- Alice
- little women
- black iris
- the other people (of course)

message 41: by Chelice (new)

Chelice Rogers | 28 comments Elisabeth I’m also hoping to read the shining this month! I read IT last month and I’m actively trying to read more of my Stephen king collection this year

message 42: by Ria (new)

Ria | 3 comments I don't have a full tbr but I'm trying to read anything written by a Black or African American writer, main character, or where race is addressed.

this is what I've got so far

the bluest eye
to kill a mockingbird
go set a watchman
beloved
their eyes were watching God
children of blood and bone
children of virtue and vengeance
song of Solomon
said the shotgun to the head
becoming
poet x
the hate you give
on the come up
barracoon

message 43: by Paola (new)

Paola Viera | 4 comments TBR for February

I don't think I will be able to finish all of these due to school but my goal is to finish at least 4.

- The sky is everywhere (currently reading)
- The honeymooners
- Strange the dreamer
- The song of Achilles
- Little white lies
- Always and forever Lara Jean

message 44: by Elisabeth (new)

Elisabeth | 8 comments Chelic, I’m ashamed to admit this’ll be the first Stephen king I read hahaha 😆.

message 45: by Chelice (new)

Chelice Rogers | 28 comments Elisabeth, don’t be IT was the first one I had read. I found it almost intimidating with the amount of books and how long they are to get started.

message 46: by Brittany (last edited Jan 29, 2020 08:52PM) (new)

Brittany (bizzbooks) | 5 comments My February TBR so far will be
The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë No Exit by Taylor Adams The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff

message 47: by Amanda (last edited Jan 30, 2020 07:23AM) (new)

Amanda | 6 comments I started With the Fire High with the intention of finishing it in February and I think I'm gonna finish. lol So much for a February read. But I suppose this means room for another book. :)

message 48: by Rochelle (last edited Feb 05, 2020 07:36AM) (new)

Rochelle (capricas) | 9 comments Maybe if I write them down, I'll actually...you know, read them.

The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover Children of Time (Children of Time #1) by Adrian Tchaikovsky Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie Born a Crime Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah The Other People by C.J. Tudor

message 49: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 2 comments The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2) by Karen M. McManus American Fire Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land by Monica Hesse The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes
American Fire and The Giver are for 2 book clubs I run at my work.

message 50: by jay ☾ (new)

jay ☾ | 7 comments My February TBR is very eclectic and kind of all over the place this month

The Other People by C.J. Tudor Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes, #3) by Brittany Cavallaro The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

« previous 1