Start by marking “The Other People” as Want to Read:

The Other People

A gripping new thriller about a man's quest for the daughter no one else believes is still alive, from the acclaimed author of The Chalk Man and The Hiding Place.

Driving home one night, stuck behind a rusty old car, Gabe sees a little girl's face appear in the rear window. She mouths one word: 'Daddy.' It's his five-year-old daughter, Izzy.

He never sees her aga
Expected publication: January 28th 2020 by Ballantine Books

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Jan 28, 2020
    ENTER TO WIN A GALLEY OF THE OTHER PEOPLE.

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 30 copies available, 2714 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 10 - Nov 04, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Chelsea Humphrey
    Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Recommended to Chelsea by: Random House Reader's Circle (RHRC)
    Shelves: from-publisher
    It's no secret that I have struggled with reading thrillers of any kind in 2019, so I've developed a habit of steering clear of them for the past 6 months. Whether it be due to my hiatus from the genre, or the appeal that the author's writing holds for me, I found this read to be a knockout amongst a sea of cookie cutter stories. As hold's true to Tudor's prior novels, this one does have a supernatural aspect, but more on that later. Even with the paranormal bit, The Other People feels the most like a ...more
    Holly  B
    Beep, whirr

Clickety, clack

Definitely not your run of the mill thriller by any stretch.

The Chalk Man was one of my favorites in 2018 and I was thrilled to get my hands on this early release!

My attention was captured from the very first chapter. Page-turner alert!  The Prologue gave me all the spookish vibes and intrigue that carries throughout the book - All the way to the very end.

The creepy factor is center stage, but there is also an emotional story of a family that suffers los/>The
    marilyn
    Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: paperback
    I was thrilled when I was offered an advanced review copy of CJ Tudor's "The Other People" and the book did not disappoint. Once the book started, I didn't want to put it down until I finished it. So much of what happens in the book could happen in real life and that's the worst kind of scary to me.

We are seeing things from three different perspectives, until they come together and we understand how each person's story relates to the other two stories. Also there is a supernatural a
    Fran
    Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    "She sleeps. A pale girl in a white room. Machines surround her. Mechanical guardians...their steady beeps and the laboured sound of her breathing are the sleeping girl's only lullabies...A small piano...in one corner of the room...A sharp "C" suddenly fills the room...The shell trembles...Somewhere, another girl falls."

"Terrible things happen...but they happen to other people...Until one day, one phone call, one sentence. It's about your wife...and your daughter..." Detective Inspec
    Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters
    I. HAVEN'T read this book yet -- but am happy to mail it to another reader on this site who wants it ---
    who will write a review --
    KNOWING the print is VERY SMALL. The print is also faded in many spots.

I can't read the print THIS small --(smaller than any physical book I've ever read) ---
    but if you know you CAN handle the print -- happy to send it to you --happy to pay the postage.

Elyse
    ELLIAS (elliasreads)
    Jul 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    WOW I NEED THIS PLEASE.
    Stephen Robert Collins
    I know this is not out till 2020 but I have just finished Annie so put this my currant list so don't worry about forgetting it in December to carry over.
    Liz Barnsley
    Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    My favourite so far this one was creepy, intense and very clever - throwing in beautifully placed little twists of character and circumstance whilst telling an emotionally charged story about love, loss and everything inbetween.

Most excellent. Fuller review near publication.
    Lorienne Brown
    Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    C.J. Tudor is an absolute master of the thriller genre and is quickly becoming one if my favourite authors.
    Patricia
    Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The Other People is CJ Tudors third Book. I think it is her best book yet, she pulls you into the book by her superb story telling. Complex and compelling, you won’t want to put this book down.
    Sarah Ali
    People's reality
    Do read!
    🤩
    People...when i think about it i categorize them in many aspects.
    Good people
    Bad people
    Trustworthy people
    Fake people
    And this book is awesomely written through all these people life and mindsets
    Adrian Scottow
    Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    A fantastically spooky thriller full of tension and suspense! This books asks lots of questions and won't tell you the answers until the end and even then it might not tell you them all. If you like a touch of the supernatural with your gritty thriller then this is for you. It follows the story of Gabe as he deals with the aftermath of the murder of his wife and daughter - a man who is held together by a sort of a hopeless hope and the glimpse of his daughter in the back of another car. He haunt ...more
    Jethro
    Apr 01, 2019
    James
    Oct 14, 2019
    Carol
    Another engrossing read from C. J. Tudor!

THE OTHER PEOPLE. Talking to them can be deadly.

Terrible things happen as Gabe well knows. He has a BIG secret that's been hidden for many years, even from wife Jenny, and the lies to keep her from knowing has greatly strained their marriage.

But now exposure seems imminent as tragedy has again entered his life. Gabe will never stop searching..ever..for his little girl....even after they say she is dead....even after the burial.

THE OTHER PEOPLE is an intriguing multi-layered story with a mysterious Samaritan, a bitburial.

marriage.

Siv Arnesen
    Danielle Hammelef
    Holly
    Feb 06, 2019
    C. J. Tudor was born in Salisbury and grew up in Nottingham, where she still lives with her partner and young daughter.

She left school at sixteen and has had a variety of jobs over the years, including trainee reporter, radio scriptwriter, shop assistant, ad agency copywriter and voiceover.

In the early nineties, she fell into a job as a television presenter for a show on Ch