Devour Your TBR discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Retired Threads > FEBRUARY 2020: Let's Talk Progress!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 250 comments Mod

Once the reading challenge starts, you can come over here and share the first book you're reading! Maybe you'll find someone else reading the exact same one?

Have you finished a book? Tell us as well! Maybe even add some of your thoughts about the book. Did you enjoy it? Or didn't you?

What's going to be your next read?

Every small progress you make, you can share here! Even if you just want to talk about a huge event that just occurred and you need to shout about it for a bit.

message 2: by NAT.orious reads ☾ (last edited Mar 03, 2020 01:54AM) (new)

NAT.orious reads ☾ (thevoiceofthewolf) | 32 commentsBlood Heir - done: bam! so much better than I expected it to be <3.

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings: Deluxe Pocket Boxed Set - done: although I didn't have too much fun with these, I'm still left with the feeling that an era ended.

Crescendo - done: his is a reread and it made me realise how much I hate the MC.

Of Silver and Shadow - done: i mourn the potential that was lost in the writing of this book.

Silver Silence - done: if you're 16 books deep into a series there's really nothing .

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch - done: hilarious interpretation of the stories of Christian religion.

message 3: by Susy (last edited Feb 17, 2020 01:12PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments February Progress

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6) by Eoin Colfer The Time Paradox —> FINISHED
Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7) by Eoin Colfer The Atlantis Complex
Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer The Last Guardian
The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2) by Katherine Arden The Girl in the Tower —> FINISHED
The Winter of the Witch (Winternight Trilogy, #3) by Katherine Arden The Winter of the Witch —> CURRENTLY READING

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana Cristiana (silvermoon1923) | 79 comments I'll continue with The Last Wish (The Witcher, #0.5) by Andrzej Sapkowski The last wish by Andrzej Sapkowski.
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab.

message 5: by REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (last edited Feb 28, 2020 07:54PM) (new)

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 55 comments Things in Jars Fantasy and Paranormal. 5 stars!!!
Inside Fantasy and Paranormal. 4 Stars
The Last Seance: A Short Story Paranormal. 5 stars
Short Horror Stories Vol. 10 Paranormal. 5 Stars
The Only Good Indians Supernatural 5 Stars
The Salem Horror Supernatural/Lovecraftian/Occult. 5+ Stars
Short Horror Stories Vol. 11 Paranormal/Occult. 5+ Stars
Burn the Dark Paranormal/Occult. 5+ Stars
Possessed Paranormal/Occult. Science vs. Religion. 5 Stars
Home Before Dark Haunting. 3 Stars
Vigil Black Paranormal. 3 Stars
The Garden of Bewitchment Supernatural. 5 Stars
The Goblets Immortal Fantasy. Magic. 5 Stars
The Sun Down Motel Supernatural/Paranormal. 5+ Stars.
The Ice Maid's Tail Fantasy/Anthropomorphic. 5 Stars
Magical Mystery Paws Fantasy/Anthropomorphic. 5 Stars
Beyond the Gravy Fantasy/Anthropomorphic. 5 Stars
Cinco de Zombie: Horror/SF 4 Stars
The Room Upstairs: A Supernatural Horror Novel . Supernatural. 5 Stars
False Value Urban Fantasy. series. 5 stars
Recipe for Enemies. Occult. 4 stars
Bloody Anger: Supernatural Horror with Scary Ghosts & Haunted Houses Horror/Paranormal
Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft. Way Paranormal!
The Evil Within Horror/Supernatural

message 6: by Myrage (new)

Myrage | 7 comments I finished the audiobook of Cry Wolf yesterday. It was good but not particularly great. I'm also slowly making my way through A Court of Wings and Ruin. I'm not flying through it like I did with the second book, but I still find it enjoyable for now!

message 7: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis Myrage wrote: "I finished the audiobook of Cry Wolf yesterday. It was good but not particularly great. I'm also slowly making my way through A Court of Wings and Ruin. I'm not flyin..."

The same thing happened to me with ACOWAR. It was disappointing compared to what the first 2 were for me.

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Lol, ACOWAR was actually my favorite, couldn’t put it away!

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Susy wrote: "
February Progress

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6) by Eoin ColferThe Time Paradox
"

Finally finished my previous read (Good Wives) and started Artemis' Time Paradox

message 10: by Dana (last edited Feb 26, 2020 09:13AM) (new)

Dana (booklover160) | 18 comments I am SO PROUD of myself for finishing two of the books on my list! I finished The Novice and Cruel Beauty and I'm nearly midway through A Curse So Dark and Lonely!! I've been in such a slump, I'm very happy with my progress into February!

Edit: Done with A Curse So Dark and Lonely AND Sorcery of Thorns

message 11: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 81 comments Slow start as I was finishing up a crime novel but now straight into it with good old Percy Jackson :D

Currently reading:
The Last Olympian

To read:
Angel Mage
Four Dead Queens
Spellslinger
Gap Year in Ghost Town
Whisper
Weapon

message 12: by Myrage (new)

Myrage | 7 comments After finishing ACOWAR, I was debating reading Crown of Midnight or The Cruel Prince but it might be a good idea to take a break from Sarah J Maas and Fae books for a few days. So I started Seven Deadly Shadows and I have really high expectations for it, so I hope I won't be disappointed..

message 13: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Updated MESSAGE 3

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Updated MESSAGE 3

message 15: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Reading Divergence wrote: "Things in Jars Fantasy and Paranormal. 5 stars!!!
InsideFantasy and Paranormal. 4 Stars
The Last Seance: A Short Story Paranormal. 5 stars
[book:Sho..."

Wow, you've finished already?!

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Krystal wrote: "Slow start as I was finishing up a crime novel but now straight into it with good old Percy Jackson :D

Currently reading:
The Last Olympian.."

On my TBR for this year as well!

message 17: by Krystal (last edited Feb 18, 2020 02:16AM) (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 81 comments Percy Jackson was a lot of fun, I have been comparing notes with my nephew. :)

Now I'm reading the Whisper duology and it's a quick read! Hard to stop!

Read:
The Last Olympian (Review Here)
Whisper (Review Here)

Currently reading:
Weapon

To read:
Angel Mage
Four Dead Queens
Spellslinger
Gap Year in Ghost Town

message 18: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Ah, Whisper is on my TBR as well.... Though probably not for this year. Way too much planned already lol

message 19: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 81 comments Susy wrote: "Ah, Whisper is on my TBR as well.... Though probably not for this year. Way too much planned already lol"

But it's SO GOOD! Surely you can squeeze it in somewhere XD

message 20: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 91 comments Lol 😂

message 22: by callie (new)

callie (artsy_bibliophile) | 5 comments So far, I have read 3 books and all of them have been 5 star reads! Definitely worth reading less books if the ones you do read are gold!

SEAL Team Six Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper by Howard E. Wasdin ~ This was an amazing book! I loved getting a "behind the scenes" look at what life was like in SEAL Team Six and what the training was like, as I would never be anywhere near capable (mentally or physically) to lead that life myself. I would HIGHLY recommend this book!

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman + The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3) by Neal Shusterman ~ The Arc of the Scythe has become one of my all time favorite series! It is such an amazing concept, the writing it beautiful, the characters are very well portrayed in my opinion, and it is just an overall captivating story that really pulls you in. If you haven't already read this series, I definitely recommend you go pick it up!

message 23: by Fefe (new)

Fefe | 18 comments The Overstory - I had so many mixed feelings about this book. The writing style is beautiful but it can be jarring with the scientific connotation, so many characters end up not having a good contribution to the plot and a non-consistent pace. 2/5

- Drive Your Plow over the Bones of the Dead - interesting concept with passages that make you reflect about our world. Sometimes it felt like some chapters were slower than others. The reveal was a little obvious and a little disappointing. 3/5

- Our Chemical Hearts - very fast-paced but oh lord, this book irritated me so much!!! all the characters had the same quirky "I'm-a-cool-millennial" personality (even the parents!) that was not realistic. the author tried so hard to subvert the "manic pixie dream girl" trope but it never subverts it. it was very hard to believe that the romance (and the entire book) took place over 2-3 months, Also, everything good solved super quick and rushed, with some of the final resolutions/revelations coming out of nowhere. Maybe this is a sign that YA contemporary/romance is outdated and not the right genre for me. The only character I cared about was Lola. 1.5/5

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.