What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books where a human-like android and a human fall in love? Also future post-apocalyptic due to environmental issues

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nijhia (new)

Nijhia | 36 comments I'm interested in this topic, but I need to read up on it and cant seem to find any books of this same genres. I really can't find any human-looking android and girl falling in love, pls halp.

For the other one, it's more like "we need to get off this planet because of this environmental issue" type deal. I'll take almost anything, thanks!

message 2: by Nijhia (new)

Nijhia | 36 comments also, I would like some other elements like adventure/scifi/horror added to these stories for more interest. not exclusively love/erotica

message 3: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee

message 4: by Nijhia (new)

Nijhia | 36 comments I'll have to take a look at it.

message 5: by Bailal1 (new)

Bailal1 | 6 comments Hey, have you read Cinder by Marissa Meyer? It's YA, but it's a series about a human and human-like Android falling in love.Cinder

message 6: by ...cats? (new)

...cats? | 364 comments The story "Diana's Electric Tongue" in Girl Town by Carolyn Nowak is about a woman and her robot boyfriend

Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan is an alternate history novel with a love triangle involving an android

Does the robot have to be human-like, and does the human falling in love have to be a girl/woman? The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers includes a romance between a man and an AI. The second book in the series, A Closed and Common Orbit, is mostly about the AI.

Re: environmental apocalypse fiction:
Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
New York 2140 by Kim Stanley Robinson

message 8: by Nijhia (new)

Nijhia | 36 comments I actually just downloaded defy the stars!

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1342 comments Archangel Down series... love it!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

There’s another one I can’t remember atm. I think there was another thread asking for these types of books a few months ago, so if you have a hunt for it, you might find some other suggestions too.