Start by marking “The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)” as Want to Read:
The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)

The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles 0.6)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  9,552 Ratings  ·  1,186 Reviews
The Little Android is a retelling of The Little Mermaid, set in the world of The Lunar Chronicles by New York Times-bestselling author Marissa Meyer.

When android Mech6.0 saves the life of a handsome hardware engineer, her body is destroyed and her mechanics discover a glitch in her programming. Androids aren’t meant to develop impractical reasoning or near-emotional respon
ebook, Free Online Read, 35 pages
Published January 27th 2014 by Wattpad

To ask other readers questions about The Little Android, please sign up.

Dee it is in the new book by author. Stars Above. It has all of the short stories. Not just this one. It is a nice look of everyone in the prevous books.…moreit is in the new book by author. Stars Above. It has all of the short stories. Not just this one. It is a nice look of everyone in the prevous books. And some happy endings.
Dee(less)
Sionna Not too long. About 6 parts on Wattpad. Goodreads says it is 35 pages.

Bec
Jan 27, 2014 Bec rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, read-2014
Lola  Reviewer
description

Mech6.0 saved Dataran’s life, the engineer, and, since then…she only had eyes for him. But her small body didn’t allow her any interaction with humans as she wished, and so she trades her own body for another more human-like one. One that will make it possible for her to see and be around Dataran again. And make him realize that she is the one that saved him.

But what of Mech6.0 is not the only one having her sights on him? And there’s a catch: Her new body will not allow her the ability to speak
Natalie Monroe
Apr 03, 2014 Natalie Monroe rated it really liked it
I don't usually give 4 stars to series novellas or, as I like to call them, decimal pieces. But Meyer once again managed to wow me by writing a story that is so completely different from the original fairy tale, yet can stay faithful to it at the same time.

A supposedly emotionless robot falls in love with a human and risks it all to be with him. To see him smile at her.

A wonderful retelling of the The Little Mermaid. And it's not the Disney-fied version either.

This will not happen.

So get your
Daiane
Dec 19, 2015 Daiane rated it really liked it
This was just a wonderful fast story. Even with just those pages, Mayer was able to hook me the entire time.
This retelling about Star, an android who is feeling, not what is expect from emotionless programmed robots. She dreams about the universe and going out to explore the outside world.

One day she is dreaming about a mechanic who works at the place when an accident happens and she runs to save him.

And then you must know the story...

“How agonizing it was,this life of silence and yearning.
Liz* Fashionably Late
"She would tell him that something in his smile had changed her, back when it shouldn't have been possible for her to be changed. She would tell him that she was the one who had saved his life, because something about him made her unpredictable, and maybe dangerous, and she couldn't exist in a world without him".

BUT, BUT... That ending.

I suspect I'm the only one around here who knows barely nothing about The Little Mermaid story. I mean, I know it's about a mermaid and she must be little? that
Fenia
How is it possible that even small novellas are so perfect? How do you do it Marissa? HOW? This is a Little Mermaid re-tailing. I loved it so much. It was beautifully written and incredibly sad as the the "true story" is. ♥
Adita ✨The Slumbering Insomniac✨
★★★★★☆☆☆☆☆[5/10]

Thoroughly disappointed. I was beginning to wonder if Marissa Meyer was ever going to tell us about Iko's love life. She let me down. "Androids can fall in love and have a happy ending"- That is just a wishful thinking.

How and where do Miko and Star and Dataran fit in this story?

Ferdy
Spoilers

I enjoyed this more than the main Lunar Chronicles novels. I didn't think it'd be interesting at all - I've never really liked the Little Mermaid fairy tale so I wasn't expecting to enjoy a retelling of it. The story turned out to be rather moving and bittersweet, and the characters were quite good too.

I was actually glad the MC (Mech6.0/Star) ended up dying/switching off — it seemed like she was on the verge of turning into a homicidal bunny boiler… So yea, she needed to die before she
Jenni
I'm in tears right now! A perfect re-telling of the little mermaid! It was so sad yet it was also equally beautiful. I will never forget Star and her beautiful "heart"! At least she can be one with the stars and the universe. Marissa did a great job once again and I can't wait for Cress!
Melanie
0.5.) Glitches ★★★

You can read this for free on Wattpad.

This short just seemed so sad. Hopefully the full books will touch more on this story or at least Miko, but as a stand-alone novella it was just a little too depressing for me. Definitely the saddest The Little Mermaid retelling I've ever read. Very, very heartbreaking.

I did love (grown up) Cinder's cameo. I also loved the new information that there is a cyborg draft going on that is skewed towards female cyborgs (like Cinder). I'm sure th
Rashika (is tired)
Dec 10, 2013 Rashika (is tired) rated it really liked it
Take whatever is left of my heart, Marissa.
HERE
*shoves it at her*

Miko and Dataran are why Cinder and Kai need a happy ending. Why I NEED to see them happy. I want to hear Kai tell Cinder the same thing. I want one of my all time favorite ships to finally get the HEA they so badly deserve.
Csenge
Jan 28, 2014 Csenge rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I am a professional storyteller, and ever since I can remember (probably since the Japanese animated version of my childhood) I have always hated the Little Mermaid with a burning passion.
Until now.
That's really all I need to say.
Lara
Mar 04, 2016 Lara rated it it was amazing
Aya Hamza
I didn't get what was happening along this story.
And it was so dull.
Andrea!
Aug 12, 2015 Andrea! rated it really liked it
aw :( this made me sad
Fareya
Mar 05, 2017 Fareya rated it really liked it
Beautiful, wistful and heartbreaking. A retelling of "The Little Mermaid" seamlessly blended in the sci-fi world of Cyborgs and Androids. Marissa Meyer's writing style is simply exquisite and she only needed less than fifty pages to create a sad yet appealing tale.
Anna
Jun 28, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing
De nuevo nos encontramos con una historia y unos personajes que llegan al corazón. Este libro vuelve a sorprenderme y ha sido más profundo de lo que esperaba.
Marissa es única creando personajes. Te los presenta de un modo sencillo y no sé cómo lo hace pero sólo necesito dos palabras para encariñarme con ellos.
Si esta mujer quisiera me rompería el corazón en mil pedazos. Esperemos que sea buena en Winter, pretty please.
Mel (Daily Prophecy)
Can be read right here:

Unbelievable how much story and character Meyer can put in such a short story. Bittersweet ending, but I like how Star sort-of got her happy ending anyway :)
Daniel
Feb 05, 2016 Daniel rated it really liked it
Lepa i tragična ljubavna priča. Malo dijaloga ali dosta emocija. I plus je što su sve novi likovi sa gostovanjem jednog od originalnih.
Sonja Arlow
This is a teeny tiny little novella that forms part of the Lunar Cornicles series. Like with all books in this series the author takes a fairy tale (this time The little mermaid) and transforms it into something unique.

Its not necessary to read this to understand the main characters better but it was a nice little palate cleanser between books.
Katerina Kondrenko
5 out of 10

I recognized The Little Mermaid story) This bonus is quite sad and I'll never be tired of saying how brilliant Marissa Meyer mixes up old fairytales with sci-fi-ish future. If you're into the Lunar Chronicles world, you definitely have to read this.

The Lunar Chronicles (Лунные хроники):
Erica Ravenclaw
Jan 29, 2014 Erica Ravenclaw rated it really liked it
☆☆☆☆

No Spoilers!

Can be found here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/11861703...

I really enjoyed this rendition of The Little Mermaid in Meyers world filled with androids, cyborgs and space ships!
Macarena
Oct 12, 2014 Macarena rated it really liked it
Shelves: leidos-en-ingles
demasiado cute
Denisse
Jan 04, 2014 Denisse rated it really liked it
It is Marissa Meyer.
At this point of our lives I think we know what to expect from her.

The Little Android was another AMAZING short story. With a great main character, but that is not rare, we're talking about Marissa Meyer.

Algo de spoilers sutiles...

Mierda! Yo creí que Meyer no nos daría tragedia ya que estamos hablando de un retelling, ahora si estoy asustada, ojala nadie importante muera en Cress/Winter.

Así es como se maneja el autosacrificio. Así es! Sin rodeos ni palabras o situaciones de
Robin (Bridge Four)
Jan 30, 2014 Robin (Bridge Four) rated it really liked it

I've enjoyed all of Marissa Meyers short stories in her fairytale re-imagined world. This follows the traditional fairytale and not Disney's version so it was beautiful and bittersweet. Her creativity always astounds me.

Of all the short stories Wolf's is still my favorite in The Queen's Army but if you have a little time it is free right now so give it a read through.
Gavin
Feb 17, 2014 Gavin rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books
This was a really enjoyable retelling of The Little Mermaid. My only complaint is that it was too short! I could have spent more time in this world and with these characters.

I can't wait to read Cress.
Armina

A heartbreaking and beautiful retelling of The Little Mermaid!

It’s me, it’s been me all along, and I may have saved your life, but I would be nothing if it wasn’t for you. I would be just another mech-droid, and I wouldn’t know what it’s like to love someone so much I would give up everything for them.
Nalani
Apr 09, 2015 Nalani rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindel
This short story was cute and satisfying for my Winter craving. I recommend it for everyone.
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Praying For Rain (The Lotus War, #0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)
  • Heads Will Roll (Necromancer, #0.1)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • This Night So Dark (Starbound, #1.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse #0.5)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my husband and beautiful twin daughters. Represented by Jill Grinberg. Learn more about me and my upcoming books at http://www.marissameyer.com.

More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

“She was smiling as she imagined herself as one more star in the sea of millions, and her body decided it had had enough, and she felt the exact moment when her power source gave up and the hum of electricity extinguished.

But she was already vast and bright and endless.”
54 likes
“It’s me, it’s been me all along and I might have saved your life, but I would be nothing if it wasn’t for you. I would be just another mech-droid and I wouldn’t know what’s like to love someone so much I would give up everything for them.” 24 likes