Shut Up & Read discussion

Grave Expectations (Ministry of Curiosities, #4)
This topic is about Grave Expectations
Archived BOTM > Grave Expectations by C.J. Archer

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leigh | 15877 comments Mod
Grave Expectations (Ministry of Curiosities, #4) by C.J. Archer

Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Science Fiction > Steampunk, Historical Fiction, Young Adult

Description: Charlie's life is perfect. She has everything her heart desires. Until it all goes horribly wrong.

Charlie and Lincoln return to London to find two supernaturals have been murdered, and Charlie might be next. As if that wasn't bad enough, the man who adopted her has escaped from prison, and the committee members have just learned some news that infuriates them. Now there's talk of sending Charlie away again. Far away.

But the worst is yet to come. Charlie is kidnapped and forced to summon one of the murder victims - but she's unable to send him back. With an angry dead supernatural on the loose and the committee determined to get rid of her, Charlie's time with the Ministry of Curiosities, and Lincoln, is in grave danger of coming to an end.

Some things to think about while you're reading. Answer just one or all of these questions, but remember, PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS when necessary! If you don't know how, ask :)

1. What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately, or take some time to get into?

2. Do you think the story was plot-based or character driven?

3. What was your favorite quote/passage?

4. What made the setting unique or important? Could the story have taken place anywhere?

5. Did you pick out any themes throughout the book?

6. How credible/believable did you find the narrator to be? Did you feel like you got the 'true' story?

7. How did the characters change throughout the story? How did your opinion of them change?

8. Which character did you relate to the most, and what was it about them that you connected with?

9. How did you feel about the ending? What did you like, what did you not like, and what do you wish had been different?

10. If the book were being adapted into a movie, who would you want to see play what parts?

badge-23

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 413 comments Finished this over the weekend.
5 stars! Loved it

But I'm just a gutter rat......Yes, but your my gutter rat.

This one went from I Love Lincoln to I Loth Lincoln! What is he thinking!!

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 413 comments I'll get my novella in before the next one. Hope it's picked for the book of the month. If not I'm still finishing the series.

message 4: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Congratulations Elsa! Here is your badge. badge-23

message 5: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa wrote: "I'll get my novella in before the next one. Hope it's picked for the book of the month. If not I'm still finishing the series."

I will be finishing as well.

message 6: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finally starting this one.

message 7: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa wrote: "Finished this over the weekend.
5 stars! Loved it

But I'm just a gutter rat......Yes, but your my gutter rat.

This one went from I Love Lincoln to I Lot..."

I love that quote!

message 8: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I liked that we found out more about Charlie's mother. Who is trying to kill Charlie? I can't stand the members of the ministry!

message 9: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie makes some choices that come back to bite her.

message 10: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I was quite frustrated with Lincoln's attitude. I'm ready to learn who is behind this.

message 11: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

WTH! I can't believe it ended like that! Lincoln!😤 😢 😱

message 12: by Elsa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 413 comments I can't stand the memebers either!

message 13: by Leigh, ⚔️ Wonder Woman ⚔️ (new) - rated it 5 stars

I will be reading From The Ashes (The Ministry of Curiosities #6) by C.J. Archer this month.