YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Hyena and the Hawk (Echoes of the Fall, #3)
This topic is about The Hyena and the Hawk
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Hyena and the Hawk (Echoes of the Fall #3) by Adrian Tchaikovsky - Starting February 26th 2020

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments The Hyena and the Hawk is the third book in Adrian Tchaikovsky's epic fantasy trilogy, Echoes of the Fall, following The Bear and the Serpent. From the depths of the darkest myths, the soulless Plague People have returned. Their pale-walled camps obliterate villages, just as the terror they bring with them destroys minds. In their wake, nothing is left of the true people: not their places, not their ways. The Plague People will remake the world as though they had never been. The heroes and leaders of the true people - Maniye, Loud Thunder, Hesprec and Asman - will each fight the Plague People in their own ways. They will seek allies, gather armies and lead the charge. But a thousand swords or ten thousand spears will not suffice to turn back this enemy. The end is at hand for everything the true people know.

message 2: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting February 26th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Twila | 940 comments I never usually binge read series and I need a little change. So, I'm going to try the audiobook for this one. Hope it goes well 🤞

message 4: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Twila wrote: "I never usually binge read series and I need a little change. So, I'm going to try the audiobook for this one. Hope it goes well 🤞"

I'm listening to the audio for the series, as well as physically reading them, and they are really good narrations :)

message 5: by Dannii (last edited Feb 28, 2020 10:18AM) (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments First quarter - (view spoiler)

Second quarter - (view spoiler)

message 6: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Third quarter - (view spoiler)

message 7: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Fourth quarter - (view spoiler)

Twila | 940 comments Wow, Dannii, you're fast! I'm only about 60% through.
Yes, the narrator is very good, but what I've discovered with the audio is that I've been pronouncing Maniye's name all wrong, lol! I've been saying man-eye, when it's apparently manny-yay. I feel so silly now, haha.

Twila | 940 comments Dannii wrote: "First quarter - Kamaleshli and Maniye bonding makes my heart ache. I just so want a happy ending for her! It was interesting to see her step with the axe and become an Iron Wolf, under his guidance..."

Yep, seeing the father and daughter bond is exactly what I wanted to see! Hesprec softening him up was exactly what he needed and seeing him actually care for her now warms my heart too.

I also think the pace is much better and I really like how the book is more focused instead of having so many plot points like the last one. Maniye (view spoiler)

Twila | 940 comments Finished! (view spoiler)

I think there's so many possibilities left in this world! I'd like to see something hundreds of years down the line. Something that takes place on the other side of the ocean perhaps???

I also find it so funny that spiders came into play in this book. A lot of his other books are about spiders and I think a spider needs to make a cameo in all his books, tbh! That would be hilarious.