Latinx Book Club discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jocelyn (new)

jocelyn (yogiwithabook) | 8 comments Mod
Hi amigxs! Thanks for joining the Latinx Book Club and reading along with us. If you're new, feel free to introduce yourself down below. Happy reading :)

message 2: by Caro (new)

Caro (goodreadscomcarolina_victoria) | 5 comments Mod
Hi there! My name is Carolina, I'm a 16-year old bookworm from Puerto Rico! I'm genderfluid and my pronouns are they/he/she! I have my own blog which you can check out @ santanareads.wordpress.com!
I love reading, supporting, and boosting diverse books! My favorite genre is YA contemporary romance, but I've been branching out a bit since the end of last year, and now I also love light fantasy and sci-fi and graphic novels & comics!
You can follow me on TW @santanareads and on IG @santana_reads! I'm always open to making new friends and couldn't be more excited to meet you all :D

Destiny (myhoneyreads) (myhoneyreads) | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name is Destiny and I’m a Mexican American bookblogger. I don’t read nearly as much Latinx books as I’d like to and I’m working on reading more this year, since I really do enjoy them. My pronouns are she/her. You can find me on Twitter @myhoneytweets or IG @myhoneyreads where I love to talk about books and randomness any time of day <3

message 4: by Natalia (new)

Natalia    (mode2geek) | 2 comments Hey all! My name is Natalia , my pronouns are she/her, I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, but I live in the states now. I love reading most books regardless of genre, but definitely want to read more Latinx books this year! I'm also one of the hosts for the Latinx #ConSaborReadingChallenge on twitter. You can find me on twitter @nataliadejesusm, on instagram @mode2geek (on hiatus back in july) and on my Youtube Channel Books Build Life. So excited to join in on this!

message 5: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Quesada (booksbymyshelf) | 1 comments Hey everyone! Mi name is Mariana I'm from Mexico and I love to read all kinds of genres (except for horror but I'd be willing to try it) I have a youtube channel Mariana Quesada were I upload videos in Spanish always with English subtitles. You can find me as @booksbymyshelf on twitter and instagram. I want to read more latinx authors because I feel I don't show near enough support for them, so I'm excited to accomplish that here.

message 6: by Kara (new)

Kara (kara_reads_) | 2 comments Hi everyone! My name is Kara (she/her/hers) and I split time between Connecticut and Chicago. I hope it's ok that I'm not Latinx! I'm a PhD student in Modern Middle Eastern History and when I'm not writing my dissertation, I'm reading fantasy, sci-fi (YA and adult), and contemporary YA. You can find me as @hufflepuff_prof on Twitter and Instagram (I also have a blog). I read (especially fantasy) through the lens of a historian, particularly when novels tackle issues of authoritarianism, gender/sexuality, imperialism, and colonialism. I strive to read conscientiously and meaningfully. Last year I read Blanca & Roja with this club and in the wake of AD, I'm participating in the #ConSaborReadingChallenge this year to continue my goal of reading more diverse books. I'm looking forward to discussing books with all of you!

I'm a major fangirl for books by Anna-Marie McLemore and Elizabeth Acevedo, among the many others mentioned in the Meet the Hosts section!

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 6 comments Mod
Kara wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Kara (she/her/hers) and I split time between Connecticut and Chicago. I hope it's ok that I'm not Latinx! I'm a PhD student in Modern Middle Eastern History and when I'm not..."

Hi Kara! It's okay that you are not Latinx, we are excited to have people from every background reading Latinx books with us. It's great to know that you read Blanca & Roja with the book club, hopefully you enjoyed it!

I'm also participating in the #ConSaborReadingChallenge and I can't wait to talk about what books you are reading for it and discuss Latinx books with you.

message 8: by Blair (new)

Blair  | 2 comments Hi All,

My name is Blair. I'm 30 years old. Pronouns are she/her
I am of mixed heritage. I'm half Mexican and half other stuffs (mostly white).
I am taking a purposeful effort to read more Latinx books, so I am super happy to be a part of this group! growing up there wasn't a lot of options made known to me. my childhood was whitewashed and I'm making up for it now.

message 9: by Alessandra (new)

Alessandra Alma | 1 comments Hello everyone,
My name is Alessandra Alma! I Puerto Rican and Cuban, but I'm originally from New Jersey. I'm very excited to be part of the group and read more Latinx writers. I am a writer myself and I'm currently working on my first book which is a contemporary romance. You can find my blog at https://aalmaauthor.weebly.com/. You can follow me on twitter @aalmaauthor and on Instagram @aalma.author.
Thanks!

message 10: by BookishBoricua (new)

BookishBoricua | 8 comments Hi guys, I'm Elizabeth. I'm Puerto Rican born and raised on the East Coast. I love books in general but really love classics, nonfiction and graphic novels/comics. I am about 200 pages into American Street. It's ok so far. I recently read Zoboi's "My Life as an Ice Cream Sandwich " and really enjoyed this. I also picked up "Pride" which I plan on reading next month. When/ where will we be chatting about our thoughts on "American Street"?

message 11: by Yas (new)

Yas  (yaaas) | 1 comments Hello everyone! I’m Yasmin and I’m from Mexico, I discovered this group this year and honestly I joined mostly because even tough I live in Lationoamerica almost every book that I’ve read is from an English speaker and I’m dying to read more YA from latinx writers!

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 6 comments Mod
BookishBoricua wrote: "Hi guys, I'm Elizabeth. I'm Puerto Rican born and raised on the East Coast. I love books in general but really love classics, nonfiction and graphic novels/comics. I am about 200 pages into America..."

Hi Elizabeth! If you go to the home page of our group there's a board called "2020 Reading" and in it you can find a topic titled American Street where we can talk about the book!

message 13: by Astrid Pizarro (new)

Astrid Pizarro (Book Lover's Book Reviews) (astridpizarro) | 1 comments Hi all! My name is Astrid, pronouns are she/her. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, I currently live in Orlando, Florida. I love reading contemporary, romance, fantasy, one of my goals this year is to read more Latinx books. I am also one of the cohosts of the #ConSaborReadingChallenge on twitter. My twitter is astridpizarro, my blog and Instagram is bookloversbookreviews. I am looking forward to being involved with the group.

message 14: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 1 comments Hi everyone! My name is Ilsen. I’m good with she/her pronouns. I’m an Hispanic American who lives in Miami! My mom is from Venezuela and my dad is Cuban American! I love reading Latinx books! My favorites of last year include Don’t Date Rosa Santos, Blanca y Roja, When the Moon was Ours, and With the Fire on High! My favorite genres are YA fantasy and contemporary but I’m open to any genre! I would love to get into more middle grade and adult as well! I’m very behind on book clubs picks but I’m so excited to be reading with you all!

message 15: by Cande (new)

Cande (iamrainbou) | 12 comments Mod
Hello new and old friends (YAS HOLA!), it makes me so happy to see you all here!

You don't have to join us every month, so feel free to skip when it doesn't work for you. In March we're going to be reading a middle-grade fantasy, A Dash of Trouble, it's a reread for me and I really enjoyed it the first time!

message 16: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (bookwhimsy) | 1 comments Hi everyone, my name is Cynthia. I am Mexican American and live in Southern California. I loved getting to read the books with the club last year. I hope to get to know everyone! I have been wanting to read A Dash of Trouble for a while and I am so glad that the club picked it for February.

message 17: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Cahuasqui | 2 comments hi all! just realized I never introduced myself. whoops! my name is Meagan. pronouns she/her. I'm born and raised in South Florida with Puerto Rican and Ecuadorian roots. I'm a writer and a huge fan of sci-fi and fantasy, but always open to new stories. looking forward to interacting with the group more. the schedule's been crazy so I'm trying my best to keep up with social when I can.