Horror Aficionados discussion

When Darkness Loves Us
This topic is about When Darkness Loves Us
Buddy Reads > Buddy Read - When Darkness Loves Us - Paperbacks From Hell Book 2

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa | 489 comments Hello, HA friends! Here's a thread for us to use during our discussion. Buddy Read starts February 1st. Please feel free to join us.

Latasha (latasha513) | 11047 comments Mod
hi! i'll be here for this one.

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Sounds good.👍

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6079 comments Mod
Perfect timing!!!

Lisa | 489 comments Great!

Char  | 14225 comments Mod
I loved this book so much. Hope you guys do too!

Lisa | 489 comments Thanks, Char - feel free to chime in!

JaeRavenClaw (angelouspeacock) | 514 comments I'm in! Finished The Nest and this was next for me.

Lisa | 489 comments JaeRavenClaw wrote: "I'm in! Finished The Nest and this was next for me."

Great!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 489 comments Just getting started...

I’ll start Monday.

Vickie (bookfan4ever) What in the sam hell did I just read?!😳 Can't wait for everyone's thoughts!

Matthew (mattical) | 565 comments I'm gonna start this book this weekend so I'll join :) I just read her other book Black Ambrosia,which I liked.

Matthew wrote: "I'm gonna start this book this weekend so I'll join :) I just read her other book Black Ambrosia,which I liked."

i have that and did not realize she wrote it too! wow, talk about not paying attention.

Latasha wrote: "Matthew wrote: "I'm gonna start this book this weekend so I'll join :) I just read her other book Black Ambrosia,which I liked."

i have that and did not realize she wrote it too! wow, talk about n..."

I still have Black Ambrosia in the TBR pile, too!

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 489 comments Well, I stayed up too late last night finishing this book, because I just couldn't put it down. Then I stayed up even later because I couldn't fall asleep after finishing Beauty Is... I enjoyed When Darkness Loves Us (first story), but Beauty Is... was really something. (view spoiler) Looking forward to discussing these as more people finish.

Just started When Darkness Loves Us--will get back to it after "adulting".... (grocery shopping)....

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Just finished as well... wow, still processing everything.

Matthew (mattical) | 565 comments I'm reading Beauty Is.... during my lunch break right now. I liked the first story. I'm gonna have to let this book marinate in my brain when I'm done.

DO NOT read that first story if your eating or plan on it soon. Ugh lord, that was gross as hell. i started this today and i really like the stories. i'm on the one about Fern and Martha.

Matthew (mattical) | 565 comments I agree the first story is definitely something I wouldn't want to read on my lunch break lol

JaeRavenClaw (angelouspeacock) | 514 comments The first story didn't really gross me out, just made me sad. It was a lot more dramatic and went in a very unexpected direction from my original thoughts (which I enjoyed). I'm still working on the second story, but really into it so far.

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Yep, didn't gross me out too much. I just found myself struggling... like, was everything real?🤔🤷‍♀️

It grossed me out in some parts. I finished today and I did like it. I thought her writing was really good.

message 25: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 489 comments Latasha wrote: "It grossed me out in some parts. I finished today and I did like it. I thought her writing was really good."

Latasha, are you trying to say that (view spoiler)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) LOL!😂

message 27: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 489 comments In the first story, do you guys think that (view spoiler)

WOW! I finished. I have to say that I liked the first story better. (view spoiler)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Lisa wrote: "In the first story, do you guys think that [spoilers removed]"

Yes, that's what I was wondering... (view spoiler) Ah, my brain hurts, lol. I'm just not sure about any of it!🤯😆

Vickie (bookfan4ever) Kimberly wrote: "WOW! I finished. I have to say that I liked the first story better. [spoilers removed]"

Agreed... (view spoiler)

Char  | 14225 comments Mod
I loved this book. I loved the fact that the main characters were women, and they were STRONG women.

I also have a fondeness (view spoiler)

I found Black Ambrosia to also be (view spoiler)

message 32: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 489 comments Kimberly wrote: "WOW! I finished. I have to say that I liked the first story better. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Lisa wrote: "Latasha wrote: "It grossed me out in some parts. I finished today and I did like it. I thought her writing was really good."

Latasha, are you trying to say that [spoilers removed]"

lol! that's exactly what i'm trying to say Lisa. They are not my main source of protein.

Char wrote: "I loved this book. I loved the fact that the main characters were women, and they were STRONG women.

I also have a fondeness [spoilers removed]

I found Black Ambrosia to also be [spoilers removed]"

i like those kinds too.

Lisa wrote: "In the first story, do you guys think that [spoilers removed]"

i think that (view spoiler)

Char wrote: "I loved this book. I loved the fact that the main characters were women, and they were STRONG women.

I also have a fondeness [spoilers removed]

I found Black Ambrosia to also be [spoilers removed]"

I have Black Ambrosia to read, as well!

Matthew (mattical) | 565 comments I just finished and thought it was a great book! I liked the second story more than the first.

buddy read for Black Ambrosia starting march 1st-
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...