What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle Grades/YA about a girl who is lonely and has a paper mobius strip given to her

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca I don't remember much about the plot, unfortunately. I read the book in 2005/2006/2007 but it may have been published before then. It was definitely intended for 9-12 year old kids. I also think the cover had an illustration of a girl with a green nature-y background.

The book centers on a young girl who either moved around a lot or her best friend had just moved away. I think she might have been writing letters to said friend because the book kind of had a journal-like format.

Eventually the girl meets an older gentleman (a neighbor maybe?) and he gives her a paper mobius strip after explaining something about time and loneliness. The mobius strip is the key thing I remember about the book.

She may have also befriended a neighbor boy who was her age.

Sorry I can't provide any more details. If I think of more I will be sure to add them. Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca I figured this one out on my own, it was The Secret Life of Amanda K. Woods by Ann Cameron

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16178 comments Glad you found it!

The Secret Life of Amanda K. Woods for the link.