What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Short novel; first person narrative of a man in an empty white cell. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louisa (new)

Louisa | 1 comments Spoilers Below:

This novel came out about 10 years ago. I believe the cover was mostly white and very simple. The story is very philosophical as the character is narrating his life or a version of his life to the reader. I believe the setting is in a plain prison-like cell with a desk and materials for the narrator to write.
I want to say there was something about a horse, but that could be wrong.
In the end, the narrator tells the reader that everything he said was made up and that is the joy of a story. Almost like it was the author breaking character and telling that to the reader. I have wondered about the title of this book for years as I'd like to revisit it but have never been able to recall or search for the title.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Mar 12, 2020 04:28PM) (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
Added a spoiler alert to the header.

A guess:
- I'm Not Stiller by Max Frisch I'm Not Stiller (1954) by Max Frisch? There are different cover images.
(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "unreliable narrator" man white prison cell alone)

Near the beginning, what does he say is the reason for being in the prison-like cell?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I'm Not Stiller (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Max Frisch (other topics)