What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Go Ask Alice
This topic is about Go Ask Alice
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA; Fiction; protagonist experiences with addiction. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

classicsreader | 16 comments I read this book before 1994. If I could guess about the publication, based on the book binding, it probably would be at least ten years older than that. It was an ugly yellow hardcover with painted overlay title, no jacket or anything. Also, I can not recall if the protagonist is a male or female, but likely a male. I can not recall a lot about the setting other than it was someone that would go around looking for other people who were getting high. It seems like each scenario the protagonist would come across would be worse than the last, for the protagonist and for the other drug users and that was probably actually the main point of the book. So it was a simple and short book maybe 150 pages or so.

message 3: by Pocketmouse (new) - added it

Pocketmouse (pocket-mouse) | 4 comments Junk, by Melvin Burgess?

message 4: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2069 comments Junk for Ninny's link.

message 5: by Racquel (new)

Racquel Kelley | 10 comments Fallout, Book 3 of the Crank Series?

classicsreader | 16 comments Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I believe that it is Go Ask Alice. I checked the book out from a college library and it caused not a little consternation from both family and friends! It had the desired effect that the author intended. It deglamourized all curiousity and simplistic, naive expectations on my part and so that is the main reason I was looking for it. It really helped me at the time in life that I probably most needed it.

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Glad that was the right one!

Thanks for letting us know. :)