#AYEARATHON discussion

January 2020 - Pick a Color > Reading Days 1, 2 , & 3

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Jan 12, 2020 07:04AM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2016 comments Mod
Hows your reading going?

Did you start early?

message 2: by mina (new)

mina I started We Are the Ants. I wanted to see if I'll like it, because I felt I wouldn't.. so far I was right.

message 3: by Ranee (new)

Ranee Babu | 47 comments I have not started at all, I feel as if I am getting on a reading slump right now!! Like why must this happen now.

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments Well, we’ve not started yet, right??

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Steele | 1 comments I’ll be reading shiver it’s a blue cover

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 6 comments I'll be reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore and Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse, the colour is a sandy brown.

message 7: by Wren (new)

Wren I’m going to try and read Area 7, Binti, Young Dark Emu, Hoot, and Giant Days vol 6 this week. The colour is Orange.

message 8: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Hills | 1 comments Decided to go with a gold/yellow theme

Staring with the Song of Achilles 😍

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne Secher (hermionesecher) | 4 comments Hey!!
I'll go fo blue/turquoise.
I'm reading as many as I can, but my initial TBR is:
Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Muerte de Tinta by Cornelia Funke
La Galatea by Miguel de Cervantes
Get a Life, Chloe Brown (not necessarily in this order).

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments my color is blue, and I'm starting The Boy in the Striped Pajamas right now

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2020 11:47PM) (new)

I'm starting with Formas de estar lejos by Edurne Portela, which has a gray cover

message 12: by deific (new)

deific (chinatra) | 5 comments I've already started with my book, All The Light We Cannot See which has a blue cover!

message 13: by Anita (last edited Jan 13, 2020 05:04AM) (new)

Anita Ward (anitaward) | 1 comments My colour is red - to match the drink in the glass on the cover

My next read is 'Finding Elenore'

message 14: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) My colour is orange

My first read will be The Immortalist

message 15: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) | 5 comments blue here-

first book
Falling Kingdom by Morgan Rhodes

message 16: by Sandy Mckenzie (new)

Sandy Mckenzie | 1 comments green, started The Girl in the Garden by Melanie Wallace.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 18 comments My color is white, and my plan is to read the following:
Ghosted by Rosie Walsh , The Whisper Man by Alex North and Again, but Better by Christine Riccio . I haven't started yet, but I will later today.

message 18: by A Robin Reads (new)

A Robin Reads (arobinreads) I started today with my first book for this week: Lightning by Danielle Steel. I really like it so far. I don't know what this book is about actually, but hope it will stay good

message 19: by Marlena (new)

Marlena Lang | 1 comments My color is black because I am in the middle of prodigy and it is going great, I also have a lot of black covers on my tbr.

message 20: by ke-sha (new)

Ranee wrote: "I have not started at all, I feel as if I am getting on a reading slump right now!! Like why must this happen now."

Aww that sucks. I hope you find a Book that gets you out of your slump!

message 21: by ke-sha (new)

Meghan wrote: "Decided to go with a gold/yellow theme

Staring with the Song of Achilles 😍"

Ooo, Enjoy. I really enjoyed that book. Made me want to Reread "The Illiad and The Odyssey".

message 22: by ke-sha (new)

Susy wrote: "Well, we’ve not started yet, right??"

Didn't officially start until Monday BUT I know a lot of people like to start early so that's why I usually ask!

message 23: by ke-sha (new)

My Color is Black and my First Read for this week is A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1) by Steve McHugh . I mainly pick Black because I want to read all the books in this series this week and Black was the common Denominator !

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather Moree | 2 comments My color is going to be black. I’m going to finish gone girl and I’m not sure what I’ll start after that.

message 25: by MeiLit (new)

MeiLit started Children of Blood and Bone today.really like it so far! :)

message 26: by kim v (new)

kim v (joseygirl) | 7 comments I’ll be reading All The Light We Cannot See and finishing Brave New World (blue covers).

message 27: by Thabiya (tabby) (new)

Thabiya (tabby) (tabbythebookelf) | 1 comments Sea Blue.
Currently reading Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo and might pick up Wicked King by Holly Black next.

message 28: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments Day 1: 39 pages (so didn’t start off too well...)

message 29: by Camry (new)

Camry I've chosen blue as my color and picked out three books (two physical & one audiobook). The two physical books are Exit, Pursued by a Bear and Shatter Me. The audiobook is an audible original called Sovereign. I just finished EPBAB and it was great! I was a cheerleader for six years, so I tend to be a little biased towards things that involve cheer (anyone seen the new Netflix docuseries haha) but I also feel like it handled the sensitive topics very well.

message 30: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 386 comments I spent day 1 travelling home a long weekend conference/party of the year .
I got some reading done on the flight about 100 pages of The Love Interest
then I listened to six chapters of Odd One Out
Today is recovery day so taking it easy as I can

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Second day and second book: A cabeza da medusa by Marilar Aleixandre

message 32: by Virginia (new)

Virginia (vlgrantham) | 10 comments I'm jumping in a day late. I wanted to finish my non-readathon read last night (The Silent Patient), but I will start my first read this afternoon.

message 33: by NoRa (new)

NoRa Susy wrote: "Day 1: 39 pages (so didn’t start off too well...)"

Not to worry, my first day was slow too. I plan to get at least one book read. I'm reading Lady Killers Deadly Women Throughout History by Tori Telfer

message 34: by Ally (new)

Ally | 10 comments I've finished my first book ( March Violets by Philip Kerr) and I really loved it. ♡

message 35: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 141 comments Day 1: I started The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay early and ended up DNFing it early in the day. I then moved on to The Chain by Adrian McKinty and finished it before bed. So 1 book down!

message 36: by mina (new)

mina I'm half-way through The Screaming Staircase and plan to read a bit more for today. And I'm going to finish We Are the Ants today since I have only 27% of the book left.

message 37: by deific (new)

deific (chinatra) | 5 comments Day 1: I finished All The Light We Cannot See as I had already read it ahead.
Day 2: I just finished the Fault in Our Stars for my book club.

I'm reading Truly, Devious next

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Renee (courtneyreneex3) | 2 comments Black:

I finished: Man-Eater The Terrifying True Story of Cannibal Killer Katherine Knight (True Crime) by Ryan Green (I should have DNF'd)

Currently reading: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Next: The Outsider by Stephen King

message 39: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia  (cecireadss) | 8 comments I started and finished my first book, With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

message 40: by Virginia (new)

Virginia (vlgrantham) | 10 comments First book down, The War That Saved My Life, and I loved it!

message 41: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments Susy wrote: "Day 1: 39 pages (so didn’t start off too well...)"

Day 2: got home late so didn’t do any reading at all
Day 3: my parents are coming over when I get home from work, so again no reading 😭

message 42: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 228 comments NoRa wrote: "Susy wrote: "Day 1: 39 pages (so didn’t start off too well...)"

Not to worry, my first day was slow too. I plan to get at least one book read. I'm reading [bookcover:Lady Killers: Deadly Women Thr..."

Sounds like an interesting read, NoRa!

message 43: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 240 comments So I ended up picking white since I have a book for school that I have to read with a white and black cover. So far today I've made progress on The Classic Slave Narratives Seven Complete Slave Narratives by Sojourner Truth for class and The Test by Sylvain Neuvel
I'm thinking I'll finish The Test before class tomorrow since it's relatively short and then I'm not sure what I'll pick up next but I do have more class reading to do tomorrow night too

message 44: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments Currently reading: Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters

I didn't get a lot of reading done so far (It's around 10 AM on Wednesday)... but I did get a lot of work done. Still, I started Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words and Would Like to Meet. I also read some of Circe by Madeline Miller -- but that's for another readathon. I'm hoping to read some more of Heidi's... and Would Like... today. I think these will be the two books I'll end up reading this week (along with Circe). To be honest, if I manage to finish one of them I'm going to consider it a solid win and a successful readathon.

message 45: by ke-sha (new)

Thabiya (tabby) wrote: "Sea Blue.
Currently reading Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo and might pick up Wicked King by Holly Black next."

Aww your The Second Person I know who's reading it this week. Now I'm feeling the urge to pick up The Cruel Prince finally!

Happy Reading :)

message 46: by ke-sha (new)

So...So far I've read A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1) by Steve McHugh & Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5) by Seanan McGuire ,

So my color is Black and I feel like Come Tumbling Down was a REAL STRETCH BUT whether it counts or not *Shrugs* (*Whispers* I dont think so Lol dont think there's black in the cover?) but my hold came In from the library and I NEEDED to read it right away so YOLO!

message 47: by ke-sha (new)

Guys Don't forget.If you read a book you love don't forget to recommend it to others in our group here:

2020 Read Recommendations From The Thread:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 48: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 386 comments Day 3 I read another 180 pages of The Love Interest
today I need to bake cookies for Disney on Ice (I spoil my boys & girls aka the local crew) so will have a good amount of time to listen to my audio book.

message 49: by QueenAmidala28 (new)

QueenAmidala28 Can’t decide Blue or black