Start by marking “Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words” as Want to Read:
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words

Cowritten by USA Today best-selling author Tara Sivec and award-winning narrator Andi Arndt, a hysterically funny, heartfelt romance about starting over and taking chances.

Nothing good ever comes from drinking a box of wine alone. So when I decided to entertain my drunken self by setting up some hand-me-down podcasting equipment and reading the steamy parts from romance no
Published December 3rd 2019 by Sivec & Arndt (first published September 3rd 2019)

Start your review of Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was precious. The ending was a little contrived, but I had such a blast reading this that I didn't even care. Also, I desperately want some casserole now???????
Stacey is Sassy
I really needed this...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time...ON THE TRAIN...OUT LOUD! Seriously, my fellow passengers must think I'm an absolute loon. You can pass off the odd smirk and even a big smile once in a while, but full-on busting out laughing, not so much. I just couldn't help myself, though. Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words was OTT silly but so bloody good. I beg you Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt, please, do it again and again and again. If this is what happens when a very talent
Syndi
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book reminds me so much of Meghan Quinn and Jana Aston. Quirky, fun, sweet and weird. Weird in a good way. This is my first audio book by Miss Sivec. I am not disappoint. I think she writes it for all of the audio book narrators. Especially romance genre.

Heidi is fired from her boring job as kinder garden teacher. Then she had this idea to start podcast about steamy romance. And it is hilarious. To be honest, listening about podcast, I done my research how to start podcast. And Bran is add
Natasha is a Book Junkie
The perfect blend of feels and giggles, this heartwarming, sexy, and at times hysterically funny tale of a darling former kindergarten teacher blossoming from a shy, sexually repressed wallflower into a confident young woman in charge of her own life and desires, is the ultimate feel-good Romantic Comedy. The story unfolds both through a first-person point of view, as well as a hilarious podcast where the heroine slowly breaks through her own inhibitions by reading steamy passages from erotic no ...more
Christy
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I signed up for a free month of Audible Escape solely to listen to this one as an Audio book. If this is something you think would be your jam, I highly recommend you listen to this. Some of this book has a podcast element in it, and Andi Arndt is a wonderful narrator!

Heidi Larsen is a former Kindergarten teacher, and she absolutely does not want to teach anymore. She finds a new job at a place that makes Audio Books for erotic novels. She is so awkward, quirky, and sheltered. After taking home
alluring B ❄︎
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2

this was just a delight and fun to read! it's the first romance that didn't bother me with its short pages and oddly by the end of it, it felt just perfect and wholesome.

I read while listening to the audiobook and let me tell you the audio was gloriouuuss. i laughed, cackled and cringed so many times at all the embarrassing moments that took place in this book.

Our heroine, Heidi was just so innocent, pure, kind, adorable, and quirky while our Hero, Brent was undeniably a
Mindy Lou's Book Review
First, Andi Arndt is a brilliant narrator. I love her voice and she really brings the story to life. I’m a big fan. As for the story itself? It was very funny in some parts, adorably cute in others and awkwardly embarrassing in the rest. I do struggle a bit with the embarrassing parts. Some of the scenes are just really far fetched, but that was the point. Overall, very funny!
Jacob Proffitt
This is possibly the funniest book I've ever, er, listened to. Since the narrator co-wrote it, I suspect that it isn't an accident that the narration perfectly fits the characters to pull off some hilarious scenes. And without compromising the characters or story.

This turns out to be more chick-lit than romance as the story is mainly about Heidi growing into herself once her career as a teacher tanks. I loved spending time with her on the journey of self-discovery and I enjoyed the growth and th
☕️Kimberly
This adorkable, funny, naughty, sexy, laugh out loud RomCom kept me up into the wee hours giggling into my pillow.

The story takes place in Waconia, Minnesota and tells the story of Heidi Larsen, a sweet kindergarten teacher who dresses in unicorn smock dresses and whose mother covered her ears whenever someone said a naughty word. She doesn’t curse, reads Amish romances and has the hots for her neighbor. She is also miserable.

When she loses her job as a kindergarten teacher due to budget cuts sh
M.  [storme reads a lot]
So, I’m so pumped to have picked up this audible book from the popular section. I was pulled by the cover alone, and then the title definitely sealed the deal. Once I started it, I couldn’t help but fall in love with the story. I want more from this author and the narrator. Tara and Andie, please make all of the audio books because I desperately need them in my life.

Heidi has been laid off as kindergarten teacher, and she applies for a new job at E Media as an administrative assistant. She’s a g
Heroesinbooks
Beyond 5 Whoopdidoo Stars

Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt teamed up to write this delightful story and it is narrated brilliantly by Andi. I snapped this up on Audible and found every excuse available to do jobs round the house just so I could keep listening.

Heidi Larson is a 25yr old woman who is let go from her Kindergarten Teacher post and in searching for a new job ends up working in admin for a company that records audible books....specifically erotic romance. To say Heidi has led a sheltered lif
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: December 3, 2019
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Romantic Comedy

Tara Sivec has been one of my favorite authors for a long time. After reading her HILARIOUS novel, SEDUCTION & SNACKS I became an instant fan and haven't stopped reading her books since. It’s the laugh out loud and relatable moments that suck me in and I honestly can’t get enough. If you’re a romcom fan and haven’t had the chance to read Tara's work you’re missing out! Trust me on this.

Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words wa
Lisa-Books Smiles
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. rounding up for all the laughs.
Lama
Dec 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I had to sum up this book with one word it would be cringe. So goddamn cringey. I’m also super disappointed because I remember Tara Sivec’s Seduction and Snacks as one of the funniest books I’ve ever read, and had high hopes for this one. Also, I wouldn’t even consider this romance since there was barely any focus on the romantic relationship and more on Heidi’s personal growth, if you can even call it that.

It would probably take me all day to write down everything I hated about this book, b
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I really liked the premise of this story, but the main character was so awkward it was cringe worthy! I’m sure there are 25 year olds in real life who are equally innocent and awkward, but I’ve never met any, so it didn’t ring realistic to me in that sense.

That said, I adore Andi Arndt as a narrator, and have listened to several books she’s narrated, many of which have steamy scenes, so it was fun to listen to her in character fumbling to say “naughty” words!
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Heidis Guide to Four Letter Words Audiobook Review
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt
Narrated by Andi Arndt
Romantic Comedy available in Audio First
5++++ Stars

Uff-da! I know the Tara Sivec/Andi Arndt collaboration would be good, but I honestly had no idea how good! Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is the first book I ever listened to once, then went right back and listened again. Then while writing this review and transcribing the quotes, I ended up listening for a third time!

Heidis Guide to four letter words

“Dick Taste in
Pam Nelson
***Second time listing and my rating this time was 3.5 it was good and fun again. I enjoyed the book club discussion we had for it.***

What a fun book, I love who easy it was to listen to. I was smiling or laughing the whole way through.
The fact that Heidi is so adorkable is relatable, I can’t even with her. She really is a great character and the growth she has from the beginning of the book to the end is something I love with my stories.

Brent steals the show too in his own way but really this
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
This was at times cute, weird and awkward but still fun. The romance took a while to develop and the deal was sealed in the blink of an eye but it was a pretty enjoyable story

H went on a date with OW but nothing happened
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I adored this book! I honestly think that Andi Arndt's narration was just so much more passionate than other's I've heard. That has to be because she co-wrote with Tara Sivec. With that said, can Tara Sivec do no wrong? Where's my Tator Tot Hot Dish!?
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

Oh my gosh, this book was so much fun! This book caught my eye when I saw the cover prior to its release. It sounded like a funny story so I was somewhat interested. When I noticed that Andi Arndt narrated and co-authored the book, I knew that I would have to give it a try. I am so glad that I did. I am not sure what I expected but there was a certain magic to this book. It is safe to say that I enjoyed the time that I spent with thi
maggieandteddy
Update now out on Kindle !!
Very funny. I just had to get this when I saw that these two wrote this.
Andi Arndt did a great job as Heidi. I just love her Minnesota accent. I love the regional humor.
The characters were all so funny. Heidi- I mean Andi did a great job even the guys' voices.
OMG. My mom used to embarrass me, but nothing like this!
One thing after another. This is slow burn and the heat takes a back seat to the comedy. That's ok, cuz I really love my Rom Com. I almost thought that th
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Audiobook Review

Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is the delightful love child of Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt. Tara has enticed me with her wicked sense of humor in previous books, and Andi is one of my favorite audiobook narrators. Who better, then, to bring us a romantic comedy about a virtuous small town gal and her inadvertent erotica podcast?

Of course, I listened to the audiobook. Andi Arndt narrating her own words? I mean, come on! Heidi is a prim kindergarten teacher, and Andi bri
~maheen~
Jan 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Yas. My first one star of the year!! I was getting a bit confused as to why I hadn’t found a terrible book yet to vent my annoyance at and blow off some steam.

Seems like I spoke too soon.

The book was simply just... irritating. Like a pesky stain on your white blouse that doesn’t ever come off. And never will. I just wanted the non existent plot line to end before it even started.

I’m speaking from my personal preferences here. I enjoy reading books that put me on the edge and have a brilliant, a
Kayla Brunson
I’m just going to have put this one down. While the humor was great in the beginning, my enjoyment started to slowly go downhill and that had everything to do with Heidi. She went from quirky to immature pretty quickly.

Maybe she gets better and matures as the story goes along? I don’t know, but I’d rather spend my time reading something else that I might actually enjoy.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
〰️Beth〰️
You Betcha Hot Plate!

Never spoilers but if you don’t like explicit sex or vocabulary this audiobook is probably not for you. Though the book brims with a MidWestern hospitality Heidi is exploring S E X...ok not four letters but you get the idea.

Not only was this a laugh out loud story but it was the first Romance audiobook I actually liked enough to finish. Andi Arndt was fantastic as the narrator and it is not listed on GR but she is co-author.

Get yourself a hot plate, some jello salad and prep
This was adorable, so sweet and silly! The humor and some of the Minnesota accents were both over the top at times, but in the best way--and as a Minnesotan, I totally appreciated the Minnesota humor! It was hard to believe Heidi's level of naivete at times, but she was so sweetly earnest, and it was so fun to listen to her gain confidence. Highly recommend if you want a lighthearted listening experience that will make you laugh.
Beth McCraw
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Hilarious!!!
Amy
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
4.5/5 Such a fun listen, hilarious and the narration was amazing!
Ashleigh
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, romance
Cute romance about a woman who starts a podcast about erotic books and documents her attempts to win the affections of her hot neighbour. I loved this book so much. Heidi was a fun character and it was great to watch her journey throughout the book as she became more confident in herself and in her sexuality. Also, Brent seemed like the perfect man.

Only issue I had was the book was toooo short. It would have been a 5 star for sure if we'd had more time exploring the relationship between Heidi a
Lady Jane of Aragorn
4.5 stars rounded up to 5

I am so glad that this is the first book I finished this year because I started my reading year with many laughs! Right from the start, the book has many LOL moments. Heidi reminds me of Felicity from Arrow because of all her quirkiness, awkwardness, and babbling. Even her thought processes are funny! But my favorite is the meet-the-parents scene. You'll know when you read it and get there. :)

It was also refreshing to see a heroine's workplace as an audiobook recording c

• P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Just the Tip
  • Scrooged
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Instant Attraction (Always Satisfied, #1.5)
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Fluffy
  • Inappropriate
  • Make Mine Magic
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Perky
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • When Harry Met Harry
  • P.S. It's Always Been You
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

Articles featuring this book

Some people love books. Some people fall in love. And some people fall in love with books about falling in love. Every month our team takes a...