2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2020 > And now for Jess's challenge. 12 in 2020!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Jan 11, 2020 07:13PM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Hi All!

So my goal is to read 12 books in 2020. So far so good, as I've just finished 1/12 which I've just rated 5 stars. The book I've just finished is as follows:

I Am an Executioner Love Stories by Rajesh Parameswaran

It's a book of fictional short stories, all of which are incredibly unique and captivating. Why not add this to your list for 2020?! You also might enjoy it!

The next book on my list was a Christmas gift which looks pretty intriguing:

The Butterfly Room by Lucinda Riley

message 2: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 22 comments Good luck on reaching your goal, Jess !
The first one definitely seems interesting to me, I should try it out !

message 3: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4154 comments Best of luck with your reading challenge, Jess! :)

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Thank you so much Elisa and IIona! :)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Good luck with your reading challenge, Jess!

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Thank you very much Lisa!

Update: I'm now just past page 100 of 'The Butterfly Room' and it is a beautiful book so far. I'm very much enjoying it, and I have the feeling that this could end up being one of my favourite books!

message 7: by Jessica (last edited Jan 26, 2020 07:08PM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Hi Everyone! I am almost half way with The Butterfly Room now, and it is certainly living up to my initial expectations. Really love it, and I am now considering reading more books from this author!

Has anyone read The Seven Sisters also by Lucinda Riley? What did you think?

The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1) by Lucinda Riley

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Jan 26, 2020 07:11PM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments By the way, if anyone wants to do a Buddy Read with me in March 2020, I am going to be reading Bird Box then. Head on over to the Buddy Read thread and post in there if you'd officially like to join me

Bird Box by Josh Malerman

message 9: by Jessica (last edited Mar 01, 2020 11:12AM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Hi All, I finally finished another book this year. This is my list of completed books so far, so thats now 2/12 complete.

1) I Am an Executioner: Love Stories
2) The Butterfly Room

Up next I'll be reading the following:

When the Lion Feeds (Courtney, #1) by Wilbur Smith

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12048 comments I am all about magic this year. I hope that your reading goal is your little touch of magic.
description

message 11: by Jessica (last edited Apr 24, 2020 10:23AM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Hi Everyone! It is nearing the end of April and I've not updated since March 1st.

Here is my reading progress to date starting with completed books:

1) I Am an Executioner: Love Stories by Rajesh Parameswaran
2) The Butterfly Room by Lucinda Riley
3) When the Lion Feeds Wilbur Smith
4) The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish [Audio Read]

In Progress:
5) American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson
6) Idiot: Essays by Laura Clery [Audio Read]

message 12: by Jessica (last edited Apr 24, 2020 10:25AM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments P.S. I forgot to mention in my above post:

Number 4 on my list was my FIRST EVER audio book! Tiffany Haddish has some amazing and shocking life stories to share in her book - she had me laughing and close to tears! Read this book if you're looking for some optimism/positivity in your life.

If any of you out there have a favourite audio book to share with me, please let me know so I can consider adding it to my audio-read list :)

message 13: by Alissa (new)

Alissa Patrick (apatrick12211) Jessica wrote: "P.S. I forgot to mention in my above post:

Number 4 on my list was my FIRST EVER audio book! Tiffany Haddish has some amazing and shocking life stories to share in her book - she had me laughing ..."

Thanks for the tip! I love her and I still need to read this!

Here are some of my favorite audiobooks-
Daisy Jones & The Six
Night Road
Maya's Notebook
Gold Coast
Long Way Down
Eleanor & Park
The Serpent King
Heartsick

message 14: by Jessica (last edited Apr 27, 2020 08:50AM) (new)

Jessica Rowe (girlfromarock) | 28 comments Hi Alissa,

Thank you so much for your audiobook suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I have looked up all of your recommendations on Goodreads and have decided that I'll download and listen to the following two:

1) Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds ... I've never seen a modern book written in verse, so this should be interesting. I think the last book I read in verse was probably something Shakespearean when I was in school!

2) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.

Thank you once again Alissa! :)