Book of The Month discussion

GENERAL > BOTMC TBR Pile

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments I don't know about all of you, but BOTMC has had so many good choices lately that my TBR pile just from the club is getting a little larger than I expected. I joined to expose myself to new books that I normally would not have even looked at. That goal is not being met if I don't read them. :-) My goal for January and for 2020 in general is to catch up and stay current. Anyone care to join me?

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 19 comments Me too! I have 5 unread from 2019. They are No Exit, An Anonymous Girl, This Tender Land, The Wives, and On the Come Up. I just started The Sun Down Motel so I am currently reading a January choice in January yay!

message 3: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Andrea wrote: "Me too! I have 5 unread from 2019. They are No Exit, An Anonymous Girl, This Tender Land, The Wives, and On the Come Up. I just started The Sun Down Motel so I am currently reading a January choice..."

I have 8 on my pile. Some are the same as yours!

Red, White & Royal Blue
The Sun Down Motel
Dear Edward
The Wives
Long Bright River
This Tender Land
One Day in December
The Water Dancer

On the Come Up was really good! I have not read No Exit or An Anonymous Girl. I'll be eager to see how you like them.

message 4: by Meera (last edited Jan 12, 2020 04:14AM) (new)

Meera | 32 comments Uhm... I have a bit more, almost 20. I’ve been a member for more than two years and since I sometimes order more than one, they have gotten piled up. And I swear I have read some too more than my tbr pile. Last month I finished up a few but then I ordered 4 for January (one of them was the free option). So, yes, I would be up for tbr read. I am also reading The Sun Down Motel now and good so far.

message 5: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Yay! This is not really an "official" challenge, but we can check in here and let each other know how we're doing. I am about half way through Red, White and Royal Blue, with Dead Edward up next for the February Barnes & Noble Book Club meeting.

message 6: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Woohoo! Finished Red, White & Royal Blue! I loved it! I was surprised at how many times I teared up during the second half. Alex and Henry and their friends are wonderful. And I'm starting Dear Edward tonight. It's the February Barnes & Noble Book Club pick.

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Henry | 27 comments I’m starting Dear Edward right after I finished the Sundown Motel, another, earlier BOTM pick. I’m a little behind.

message 8: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Tom wrote: "I’m starting Dear Edward right after I finished the Sundown Motel, another, earlier BOTM pick. I’m a little behind."

Ha! Being "behind" is why we're all here in this conversation. You are not alone! :-) Welcome! And I'm looking forward to seeing you like Dear Edward.

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 19 comments Dear Edward sounds so good! I just finished The Sun Down Motel so check that off the list :)

Kayla • bookedblonde (kbgreen) | 6 comments I want to get Long Bright River! I just finished The Sun Down Motel and it was great. Now I need to read The Giver of Stars.

message 11: by Meera (new)

Meera | 32 comments I finished the Sun Down Motel and it was good! I didn't like it as much The Broken Girls but still good.

message 12: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments I'm about 100 pages into Dear Edward. The writing is beautiful! And I believe I have Sun Down Motel next on my stack. I'm eager for that one.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 19 comments I started No Exit by Taylor Adams. It was a December 2018 choice.

message 14: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Andrea wrote: "I started No Exit by Taylor Adams. It was a December 2018 choice."

Yay! We're making progress. I just finished Dear Edward, and it was so, so good! I'm excited for the book club meeting. There is a lot to unpack with that one. Next up: The Sundown Motel.

message 15: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Finished The Sun Down Motel. Excellent! That's 3 down this month. Next up -- The Wives.

message 16: by Tom (new)

Tom Henry | 27 comments Finished Dear Edward last evening. I thought it was a wonderful book and can’t wait to discuss it in my club. I started Daisy Jones & the Six leaving me with 4 books from BOTM ON my TBR SHELF. Any day now the February selections will be posted. Two steps forward.....

message 17: by Lezlie (last edited Jan 29, 2020 05:36AM) (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments I loved Daisy Jones! I'm eager to hear your thoughts on that one. I hadn't been interested in it at all until I heard it was inspired by Fleetwood Mac (a lifelong love of my own). And when I saw the interview-style it was written in, I was sold.

message 18: by Tom (new)

Tom Henry | 27 comments That’s so funny because I can’t help but think of Stevie Nicks when I look at the cover! Hopefully I’ll finish by the time my February box shows up.

message 19: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Tom wrote: "That’s so funny because I can’t help but think of Stevie Nicks when I look at the cover!"

Pretty sure that's not a coincidence. :-)

message 20: by Rebeccaforever (new)

Rebeccaforever | 1 comments Side note but something interesting: when the Daisy Jones television series comes out, the role of Daisy Jones will be played by Elvis Presley's granddaughter. I'm excited to see if I like it as much as the book.

message 21: by Lezlie (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Rebeccaforever wrote: "Side note but something interesting: when the Daisy Jones television series comes out, the role of Daisy Jones will be played by Elvis Presley's granddaughter. I'm excited to see if I like it as mu..."

I didn't know they were making a TV series. Excellent!

message 22: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Schmidt (schmidtyoushouldread) | 65 comments How was Daisy Jones?

message 23: by Lezlie (last edited Feb 01, 2020 08:12AM) (new)

Lezlie Gits | 21 comments Brittney wrote: "How was Daisy Jones?"

I loved it. I also am a big fan of her previous book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 19 comments Currently reading You Are Not Alone. It is a February choice. I still have 4 books on my botm tbr shelf. I hope to read one of those this month.

message 25: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 400 comments 2020 is almost over and I'm looking forward to 2021!

I'm trying to catch up but I don't think I will, I started to late in the year. However for 2021 I'm going to try harder to stay on top of my selections and actually read them as I get them.

message 26: by ♥ Sandi ❣ (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	That would be a great New Year's resolution Elsa. I get behind too. I think I currently have 4 BOTM reads waiting on me.