Black Coffee discussion

Little Fires Everywhere
This topic is about Little Fires Everywhere
Buddy Reads > Jan BBR: Little Fires Everywhere

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lulu, The Book Reader who could. (new)

Lulu (lulureads365) | 2430 comments Mod
Meagan & Katrease will be discussing Little Fires Everywhere as a buddy read. If you want to join in please ask first as they may have a schedule set up and you may need to commit including (view spoiler).

Meagan | Mysteries & Merlot | 3 comments I found some interesting discussion questions online. Hope you don’t mind (I think it’s my teacher self creeping out). 😁

1. How would you describe Mrs. Richardson and Mia, the two mothers in this novel? In what ways are they different? Why might the former always be referred to as "Mrs." rather than Elena, while Mia is always referred to by her first name? Clearly it is done purposely by the author: how does it shape the way we feel about the two women?

Meagan | Mysteries & Merlot | 3 comments I’m annoyed by Mia and the nomadic lifestyle she’s dragged her daughter into. I don’t exactly feel connected with Mrs. Richardson, but I appreciate the stability that she provides her family. However, while Pearl was raised moving from house to house, she is still infinitely more grounded than the Richardson children. So, Mia, while annoying and flaky, in my opinion, has still raised her daughter to appreciate the little things while exuding humility and intelligence. Mrs. Richardson, on the other hand, has given her children the best that money can buy, but they live in a bubble and are totally disconnected from the world around them.