FINDING AUDREY READ-ALONG discussion

MOCKINGJAY by SUZANNE COLLINS > Mockingjay Movie Thoughts!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Jesse (JesseTheReader) (jessethereader) | 210 comments Mod
What did you guys think of the film? Did you love it? Did you hate it? What was your favorite part? Thoughts on where they split the film? Let us know! :D

message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments Im excited for the film I loved this book I wonder how they are going to use Plutarch ( if I spelt that right) I heard they were gonna use camera effect of him RIP

Alma (Diary of a Booklover) (diaryofabooklover) | 3 comments Taylor wrote: "Im excited for the film I loved this book I wonder how they are going to use Plutarch ( if I spelt that right) I heard they were gonna use camera effect of him RIP"

You did? But I thought the director said that they finished filming the parts with him before his death, and that they will not go all computer on him?

message 4: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments I never heard that thanks ir the updates though !!

message 5: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments I never heard that thanks ir the updates though !!

message 6: by Carly (new)

Carly | 10 comments Im so excited!

message 7: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments Me too

message 8: by Carly (new)

Carly | 10 comments How do you think they'll end it?

message 9: by Carly (new)

message 10: by Carly (new)

message 11: by Carly (new)

message 12: by Carly (new)

Carly | 10 comments Woops lol

message 13: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments Lol they will probably end when the reanuion happens

message 14: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments *trying not to spoil*

message 15: by Carly (new)

Carly | 10 comments The choking....

message 16: by Carly (new)

Carly | 10 comments The choking....

message 17: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Frank | 1 comments I'm excited for the movie. I really hope that it will be similar to the book.

message 18: by Luckyducky37 (new)

Luckyducky37 | 9 comments I'm so happy this month is Mockingjay! I've already read it which means I can read BlackIce which I didn't get to read last month. I'm very excited for the movie!!! I'm curious to see district 13 and if it's how I imagined it!!! I'm interested to see what happen with Plutarch Heavensbee because the actor died from an overdose so how will that work? I heard they had enough footage to finish what they didn't get to. I'm sooo excited!

message 19: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1 comments apparently theres going to be some romance between haymitch and effie? that is something im looking forward to since effie is my favourite character im also happy that she is getting more screen time

message 20: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments I dont think that happens

message 21: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (hey it's gabs) (heyitsgabs) Alma (Diary of a Booklover) wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Im excited for the film I loved this book I wonder how they are going to use Plutarch ( if I spelt that right) I heard they were gonna use camera effect of him RIP"

You did? But I t..."

he only had background scene left

message 22: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (hey it's gabs) (heyitsgabs) the trailer makes me cry

the book didn't

message 23: by Aasha (new)

Aasha Ramlal SO excited!

message 24: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Hornbuckle (kyrara100) | 6 comments Although I enjoyed to book. I feel like this movie will have more emotion in it than I found in the book. Yes, the book was sad, but based on the trailer I think these next two movies are going to be real stabs in the heart.

message 25: by Elize (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) Kyra wrote: "Although I enjoyed to book. I feel like this movie will have more emotion in it than I found in the book. Yes, the book was sad, but based on the trailer I think these next two movies are going to ..."

Yeah I think while books are generally better than movies, i think this one may just take the cake this time.

message 26: by Luke (new)

Luke Dyess | 4 comments Alma (Diary of a Booklover) wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Im excited for the film I loved this book I wonder how they are going to use Plutarch ( if I spelt that right) I heard they were gonna use camera effect of him RIP"

You did? But I t..."

He had two major scenes left to shot.

message 27: by Luke (new)

Luke Dyess | 4 comments I have no idea where they are going to split the book up for the movie. I wish they wouldn't though.

message 28: by Elize (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) I wonder where they split it? I also agree/think they shouldn't have though...

message 29: by Carys (new)

Carys (chericeri) | 2 comments I'm so excited for the movie! I seem to be one of the few people who loves the book, so I feel like the movie is going to be amazing :D I'm actually really glad that split it into two parts, because so much happens in particularly the second half of the book, I don't think they'd be able to include everything they needed to. They also need lots of time for developing all the emotions :'( I'm going to cry so much!

message 30: by Tove (new)

Tove (tovemaria) | 4 comments Many people seem to think that the movie will end when Peeta tries to stangle Katniss... But I personally think that the movie won't end in a cliffhanger, maybe a couple of pages after that scene, when Katniss flies off to district 2 to help fight the capitols armies?

message 31: by Luke (new)

Luke Dyess | 4 comments Tria wrote: "Many people seem to think that the movie will end when Peeta tries to stangle Katniss... But I personally think that the movie won't end in a cliffhanger, maybe a couple of pages after that scene, ..."

That is where I hear that It will end..Who knows.

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Pedzwater | 1 comments Tria wrote: "Many people seem to think that the movie will end when Peeta tries to stangle Katniss... But I personally think that the movie won't end in a cliffhanger, maybe a couple of pages after that scene, ..."

I kinda expect them to end in a cliffhanger just since the second book and movie did. It would get a reaction that they probably want if they end in a cliffhanger.

message 33: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Craswell (nicolecraswell) | 3 comments I definitely expect it to end in a cliffhanger, I mean that's how they get people more excited for part 2. It's exactly what all the other adaptations split into 2 movies have done. I don't know where it'll be split or how dramatic of a cliffhanger it'll be but I'm 95% sure it'll be there.

message 34: by Elize (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) Yeah, I agree, there will most likely be a cliffhanger.

message 35: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (hey it's gabs) (heyitsgabs) i would be funny if it ended just as they climbed up the ladder (if you have read the book then you know what happened there)

message 36: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (hey it's gabs) (heyitsgabs) also it probably end just as they leave for the capital cause that would be climatic

message 37: by Indy (new)

Indy Fawcett (indymae26) | 6 comments More me in Australia the first showing is tonight at 12:01am so excited and can't wait to share my movie thought!

message 38: by Emm (Readsprite) (new)

Emm (Readsprite) (emmsprite) | 1 comments I saw the movie yesterday. Am I allowed to talk about it, and my in depth thoughts on it, in this thread seeing as there obviously will be spoilers?

message 39: by Rileyish (new)

Rileyish (mabeline_shootingstar) | 3 comments Does anyone know the exact running time for the movie?

message 40: by Christian (new)

Christian (christian3699) | 1 comments I already saw it yesterday and it was just beyond incredible.

message 41: by Haylie (new)

Haylie Grace (hayliegrace) | 5 comments Rileyish wrote: "Does anyone know the exact running time for the movie?"

The running time is 123 minutes :)

message 42: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1 comments i saw it yesterday and it was true tl tje book, i am so f
glad

message 43: by Ashlyn (new)

Ashlyn Ungles (ashlynungles) | 8 comments Omg! I have no words for this film. It stayed so true the book, but the thing they added to it were just that more perfect. I loved it. Honestly, it would have been a better ender to end just a few minutes earlier; it would have added suspense. All and all I loved it, it reached my expectation 120%.

message 44: by Bree (new)

Bree | 4 comments It was true to the book, but I found it rather slow. I know it's part one and all, but it in no way compared to the second film.

message 45: by Julia (new)

Julia O. (jewelbrooke) The movie was 10x better than I excepted it to be. I've never been a big Josh Hutcherson fan, but I have a new admiration for him. He was incredible! The way they ended it though was horrible! I neeeeeeeeed part two now!

message 46: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kristysbooknook) | 1 comments I sae the movie on Wednesday and honestly the ending was so painful & heartbreaking that I couldn't even sleep afterward! Initial thoughts were pretty good! I think it was incredible, breathtaking and unbelievable! They stick to the book, there were changes, of course but they weren't that big! I loved the Hanging Tree scene sooo much! The atmosphere was so gripping! <3 And the Rescue scene was pretty much portraited like I imagined it!!! Haymitch & Effie made the movie so much fun to watch & also Katniss made me laugh! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! I told myself.

message 47: by Jayne (new)

Jayne (clockworkprincessjf) | 1 comments I saw the movie yesterday, and it was amazing and packed full of feels. I literally think I teared up at least 6 times. The reason people had such issues with the book is because it was pretty munch told from a crazy gilr's persepctive, but the beauty of a film is that we can see more than just from Katniss' perspective allowing it to make a whole lot more sense and a lot less scenes of her just freaking out in closets hahaha

message 48: by Katrín (last edited Nov 21, 2014 04:47PM) (new)

Katrín Rós (katrinrosf) | 11 comments This movie was so awesome! I still have The Hanging Tree song stuck in my head, and I'm still amazed at how they made that - it's so well done and catchy. The acting was brilliant from everyone as I was expecting, and I laughed out loud a few times but crying came more frequently. The ending did not surprise me, as many of us [the fandom] predicted that it would end this way, but it has made me so EXTREMELY excited for part two! I loved the fact that they let Finnick's story be in there, and Buttercup. It also both amazed me and creeped me out how much Peeta changed. So I'm very, very, VERY excited for the next one.

message 49: by Elle (new)

Elle Rose (thefictionalfangirl) | 1 comments I thought it was really good, especially being the first part where not much happens. I really enjoyed the scenes we didn't get to see from Katniss's perspective in the books, such as the rebellions in other districts, and the team going to rescue Peeta. I loved how Katniss sang The Hanging Tree, and how it tied into the scene when the rebels were singing it and going to bomb the dam- that was so amazing. Overall, I thought the movie did the book justice, and I can't wait for the final movie!

message 50: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Hornbuckle (kyrara100) | 6 comments THE MOVIE JUST ENDED AND IM DEAD AND I CANT EVEN DO A COHERENT REVIEW LIKE IT KILLED ME IM DEAD. SORRY THIS PROBABLY MAKES LIKE NO SENSE BUT LIKE IM DEAD THAT WAS THE WORST ENDING EVER (WHICH I CALLED HAPPENING) AND I JUST CAN NOT HANDLE THIS ANYMORE. I RECOMMEND BRINGING TISSUES WHEN YOU SEE IT (sorta spoilers ahead) PEETA HE WAS SO THIN I DIED IT WAS NOT OKAY . Bye. Dead.

« previous 1 3