Read With Ben (Book Club) discussion

Fire in the Woods (Fire in the Woods, #1)
This topic is about Fire in the Woods
Fire In The Woods! > Thoughts on Jess as a main character?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Alderson (benjaminoftomes) | 84 comments Mod
I REALLY liked Jess as a character!
I loved how sarcastic she is, how brave and her ' i really don't give a shit' attitude!

She follows her gut and thats what i love!

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (thebooktionary) | 2 comments I loved her after the first page! I can really relate to her...(not the part of living in a military base) but i too want to be a Photographic Journalist so thats a pretty strong thing to have in common.

I love her attitude, she seems like shes her own woman which is great! I also relate to her sarcasm, so this character is great, i think she and i are going to get along ;)

message 3: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Alderson (benjaminoftomes) | 84 comments Mod
Olivia wrote: "I loved her after the first page! I can really relate to her...(not the part of living in a military base) but i too want to be a Photographic Journalist so thats a pretty strong thing to have in c..."

I love the way you put it! :) I agree! i LOVE her obsession with photos and how she always is thinking about wanting to take pictures !

message 4: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (thebookchronicles) | 4 comments In the beginning of the book I was a bit irritated (I don't want to spoil anything XD), but I loved how some of her "actions" were explained later on in the book.

I loved her sassiness, her attitude. I loved that she was such a proactive character! (And yes very very brave) And how she stuck to her choices and never backed down. I really admired that.

Also her creative side really spoke to me :D

Erica Bury I loved Jess! she had so much passion for art and she was a strong character.

Evangeline (evieherondale) | 6 comments Jess is a great main character. She comes across as such a strong girl right from the get go and I love her sarcasm. I take photos of everything too so I can relate to her really well! I can't wait to read more and see how her character develops :)

Niah (secretsbeyondthepages) I loved Jess, too. Her humor and quirkiness is making the book a fun read. :) I like her friendship with Maggie and I think that together they are hilarious and embarrassing in the best ways XD.

Shelley Brown (shelleybrown_97) | 2 comments I love how sassy and funny she is!

Mademoizelleflo (flowlessbooks) (mademoizelleflo) | 3 comments I really liked Jess ! She is stubborn, and think mostly about her passion : photography !!
I love her witty comments !
But what I loved the most was her character development !

message 10: by Maddie (new)

Maddie | 3 comments Jess seemed very real and brave from page 1

Laura Kenny | 12 comments Loved Jess from the very first chapter. A real live wire and has grown to be one of my favourite characters by the end of the book.

message 12: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate (thenovelnomad) | 4 comments She was a great character to connect with, and kept the book very grounded with sass and gumption. I also found her compassion and open-heart very endearing, allowing her to reflect upon her actions (without the excessive inner turmoil in many YA characters)

Mom2triplets04 | 6 comments I liked how she took care of David throughout and was so brave.

Fantasy111 | 2 comments I really like Jess. She was so brave and confident but I don't like David! I understand that the earth was new for him anyway I don't like him.