What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A boy, a computer game, a fantasy world, and a princess that acted as a guide [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eriberto (new)

Eriberto Mendoza | 5 comments Hello, everyone. When I was in the 5th grade, I read a book I enjoyed. (I'm 16 years old and in the 11th grade now) The book was about some kid who was suggested a computer game by his friend. He plays the game and gets hooked into it, and I think he gets trapped in the game. There was a princess that served as a guide, whom he had encountered. The boy was perverted, so he often stared down her chest. Of course, one incident occurs where he peeks in on her as she bathes, and the game shuts down as punishment. There was also some kind of problem he had to solve involving a mermaid-man(a merman?) and his lover. They were separated because he was either a fresh-water or salt-water swimmer, while his lover was the opposite. Their kids(or the merman) turn out to be able to swim in both pools of water. I remember the word "mundane" being used a lot.

The game the boy was involved with was a fantasy game, of course. I don't exactly remember much about the story, and I never finished it. I long to finish that book. I find it weird how I remember so little of that book. I'd be very thankful to whoever knows of this book. Any information would be helpful.

message 2: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments This is Piers Anthony's Xanth series, Demons Don't Dream.

message 3: by Eriberto (new)

Eriberto Mendoza | 5 comments I love you, Dutcher. Thank you.

message 4: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments You're welcome. Interesting tidbit; there's actually a real computer game based on that book, called Companions of Xanth. If you are into old pc adventure games, it might be floating around the net somewhere.