THE Group for Authors! discussion

Elizabeth Rawls
This topic is about Elizabeth Rawls
General Discussion > Author Blog problems

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Rawls (erawls) | 9 comments I have my blog on wordpress connected to my goodreads account, and it's been working fine up until two weeks or so ago. I've posted 2 new blog posts on wordpress but they are not showing up anywhere on my goodreads. It's like it's frozen on one blog post and won't show any recent ones. What should I do? What's going on?

message 2: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Woodland | 27 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I have my blog on wordpress connected to my goodreads account, and it's been working fine up until two weeks or so ago. I've posted 2 new blog posts on wordpress but they are not showing up anywher..."

I posted on my web site blog on the 20th Oct and this hasn't shown on the GR link - the GR link still shows an earlier blog - I thought it was just me :-o)

message 3: by Peter (last edited Nov 06, 2014 11:37PM) (new)

Peter Ravlich (peter_ravlich) | 2 comments My third-party WordPress blog is updating correctly on Goodreads, last post yesterday.

I took a look at your rss feed, and all appears fine there: so the problem is definitely on the Goodreads end. It's likely an issue with the GR refresh schedule for wordpress.com sites (or an XML format change), so would be worth contacting GR support in case they're unaware of it.

Edit: Sorry, I misread Geoff's reply - his site is a third party WP site too, so the issue might be GR author-specific, rather than a batch scheduling problem. Either way, contacting support should get it raised as an issue. :)

message 4: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) Funny, mine too. About two weeks, I think, since it last updated. I tried to re-enter the RSS feed address to see if a different url would work, but Goodreads won't let me update it (just gives me an error message and defaults to the old one) so I'm not sure what's going on. I'd love to get my feed back, though. Guess I'll try Support...

message 5: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Woodland | 27 comments I checked mine this morning and it is now downloading correctly, so the link from GR to my site works :-o)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Rawls (erawls) | 9 comments Peter wrote: "My third-party WordPress blog is updating correctly on Goodreads, last post yesterday.

I took a look at your rss feed, and all appears fine there: so the problem is definitely on the Goodreads en..."

Thank you Peter for your advice! I did put in a question to the GR support about it, and now my next post is finally showing up. The problem was definitely on the GR end.

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) I put my question in to Goodreads support, too, but no answer or update, yet.