Where's George? Readers discussion

Monthly Updates > What are you Reading November 2014

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronald (new)

Ronald | 159 comments Mod
Just finished Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum #15) by Janet Evanovich and will probably start Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, #16) by Janet Evanovich next.

message 2: by Ronald (new)

Ronald | 159 comments Mod
My Library final got copies of The Long Mars so I am going to read that next.

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 372 comments Mod
I've read a couple issues of the graphic novel - The Walking Dead. Surprised that Molly Ringwald is a decent author in When it Happens to You. Got a not so great Danielle Steele book read. I've just finished the Color of Water by James McBride.

I'm getting ready to start A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments I finished Lovers at the Chameleon Club, Paris 1932 last night. A fascinating historical fiction of some of the regulars in a Paris nightclub from the 30s to the occupation by the Nazis.

But stupidly I now have NOTHING to read, the library is closed, and looking at my "to read" shelf & recommendations is just a tease. UGH!

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments The chill in the air has me thinking of summer. Looking forward to Last Summer by Michael Thomas Ford

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Just finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and loved it! I liked it better than Little Women.

Now reading Frankenstein.

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments I read something by Albert Camus in high school though I'm not sure which of his books it was. The library had 2 copies of The Plague by Albert Camus , so here goes

message 8: by Melanie (last edited Nov 24, 2014 12:42PM) (new)

I've been reading to read some Albert Camus. My reading is slowly being assigned, but I will make sure I've got him on my list again...

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Frankenstein was great!

I'm not reading In Search of Mockingbird for a book club which I had read before, and enjoyed it. It is about a 16 year old that runs away on her birthday to meet Harper Lee.

I've also started reading Paper Towns by John Green. So far not overly impressed, but it seems that it will involve fake towns that cartographers put on maps to copyright them. If a new map came out and this town was on it then they knew it was copyright infringement.