Start by marking “Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15)” as Want to Read:
Finger Lickin' Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, #15)

Finger Lickin' Fifteen

(Stephanie Plum #15)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  75,985 ratings  ·  4,017 reviews
Unbuckle your belt and pull up a chair. It's the spiciest, sauciest, most rib-sticking Plum yet.

Recipe for disaster: Celebrity chef Stanley Chipotle comes to Trenton in a barbecue cookoff and loses his head - literally.

Throw in some spice: Bail bonds office worker Lula is witness to the crime, and the only one she'll talk to is Trenton cop Joe Morelli.

Pump up the heat: Chi
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 308 pages
Published June 23rd 2009 by St. Martin's Press

Life of Pi by Yann MartelThe Hobbit or There and Back Again by J.R.R. TolkienCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëEragon by Christopher Paolini
What To Read Next
11,948 books — 20,537 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareAn Echo in the Bone by Diana GabaldonBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
Best Books of 2009
1,643 books — 6,938 voters

More lists with this book...

·  75,985 ratings  ·  4,017 reviews

James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book Review
4 of 5 stars to Finger Lickin' Fifteen, the 15th book in the Stephanie Plum mystery series, written by Janet Evanovich and published in 2009. Evanovich packed a lot of action into this installment, covering more than usual in Stephanie's crazy life. To start off, she's moonlighting for Ranger to help him figure out who's stealing from his business. Not for nothing, and though she may be getting better a bounty hunter and detective, how can Ranger not solve this on his own? And who
Krystal
Jun 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
It's a compulsion. Though I'm no longer a huge fan, I seem unable to NOT read the books at this point. We'll see if that lasts.
I could almost write the same review here that I did for number 14. The irony I found in this one is that Stephanie herself is constantly lamenting in it that her life is at a standstill, that it doesn't appear that she has grown, that she still has the same crap apartment, job that she doesn't like but doesnt' hate, the same two men, the same back and forth between sai
Jilly
May 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was boring. And, not only that but for some reason Janet Evanovich decided that the funny and zany antics of Stephanie Plum needed a new crucial ingredient: fart jokes.

no, not so much

Seriously? Does she think her reading audience is a group of ten year old boys? Because, last I heard, grown ass women aren't real fans of the fart jokes. I know I'm not. I just feel like she is either really out-of-touch with her audience, or she's just plain old out of ideas.
Probably both.

just like Hollywood
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I seriously love this series. It is always so much fun, makes me smile, makes me laugh out loud, and never lets me down with the shenanigans that happen to Stephanie and her rag tag bunch of friends and family. A must read series, truly for anyone that likes a whole lot of humor, a bit of mystery, and a dash of romance.
Kara Peterson
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize that I hadn't put these on my Goodreads so I just did. It has been so long that I can not individually review them. However, I did read a review on this one (to make sure I had read it) and found something interesting that I will comment on. Some reviewers are saying that they have lost interest because the plot is similar, the characters aren't growing, the romance is at a standstill, Stephanie is in the same crap job and same crap apartment (not the same crap car-she has blown ...more
Barbara
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bayb-2018

This 15th book in the 'Stephanie Plum' series serves up the usual zany fun. It can be read as a standalone.

*****

Stephanie Plum's friend and co-worker Lula arrives at work in a frazzle, having just seen two thugs chop off a man's head. At Lula's urging, Stephanie calls her sometimes boyfriend, Detective Joe Morelli, to investigate. When the head turns up, the victim is identified as Stanley Chipotle, a well-known celebrity chef. Chipotle was in town to promote a barbecue contest sponsored by the
Charlotte
Jul 21, 2009 rated it liked it
I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I think I'm getting bored of Stephanie Plum and her dumb antics. How anyone as stupid as she gets not just one, but two wicked hot guys hot on her tail, and solves the crime (sorta) is beyond me. I think the books have become too Lula focused and frankly, almost too slapstick in the humor. I don't think the writing is as tight as it used to be, nor do I feel as if any of the characters have much depth anymore.

So, having said this, will I stop reading them? No
Tammy
Mar 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
The barbecue sauce hits the ceiling - literally! - in this fifteenth installment of the Stephanie Plum series.

Lula witnesses the murder of a celebrity chef. She enters a cooking contest to catch the murderers and claim the $1 million reward. Ranger needs help solving a breach within his security company. He recruits Stephanie to work at Rangeman again. Ready. Set. Mystery!

***** SPOILER *****

NO ROMANCE in this one. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I needed my cupcake fix and am highly disappointed I didn't ge
Kari
Jun 14, 2009 rated it did not like it
This series is fast going downhill. It's become very formulaic: every book, Stephanie will lose a car (most probably thru fire and/or explosion); every book, Stephanie's apartment will suffer some sort of damage; every book, Stephanie will end up in Ranger's bed (although it's usually fairly platonic) and yet she still has such "hot" feelings for Morelli; every book, Stephanie will end up losing a skip she's "this close" to apprehending, etc., etc., etc. The only variation from pattern that this ...more
Cyndi
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I think this is one of the funniest Plum books. Even though no one is trying to kill Stephanie lots of stuff catches fire and blows up. Word of warning, though, if you read this in the company of others, they will look at you strange when you laugh out loud in a quiet room. Unless you're like me and people are used to it.

Re read June 2016. I'm thinking someone made a bet with Janet on how many fart jokes she could make. Hope she won. Never the less, still lovin' it, and thinking it's hilarious.
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Finally I got me some dose of Ranger. Not nearly as much as I wanted (can I please have a Ranger-centered book without Morelli?), but I admit I can live off of one "babe" for an embarrassingly long amount of time. So, anyway. Ranger got himself in a bit of a pickle - someone's messing with his business, and he needs Stephanie to help figure out the culprit. Personally, I think he employs her just for kicks, not like he reeeeeeaaaaaaaaly needs her "expertise". I mean the man is as close to a supe ...more
Patricia
Jul 06, 2009 rated it did not like it
Robyn
Aug 21, 2009 rated it did not like it
I also was extremely disappointed in this book. I had re-read all of the Plum books this spring and summer in anticipation of this one, and you can definitely see the decline. One of my many complaints in this book was that I got the feeling the author was trying to make Lula seem so unpredictable and funny -- i.e., I like to eat; therefore I will probably be a great cook, etc. -- when it just made her seem really stupid. Going around trying to barbecue and ruining everyone's kitchens, HAHA. Not ...more
Richard
Jul 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anybody: rated R for language and sexual situations.
Recommended to Richard by: I read all the Stephanie Plum stories.
Stephanie Plum strikes again! She should have a fire truck permanently assigned to follow her to put out all the burning cars, apartments, and even friends.

All the usual cast of bond enforcement people, cops and crooks (especially deviants) are included for a very funny tale punctuated by madcap killers, trips to Cluck-in-a-Bucket and our very own cross dressing fireman Mr. Clucky, the dancing chicken.

Stephanie's adventures with Ranger, Lula and Grandma make for a fun read. I can just imagine th
Nola Arganbright
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Stephanie Plum is after the bad guys again. Lulu is a witness to a decapitation and the killers are after her. Stephanie and Joe Morelli are not together. Ranger has asked Stephanie for help on a case.
There are cars blown up, all sorts of fires and the usual.mayhem that makes this series so wonderful!
Elle's Book Blog
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one just as much as the other books in the series. They are all a guilty pleasure of mine and I can always guarantee that I will have a good laugh whenever I read a Stephanie Plum novel. Highly recommended of course!
Jordan Price
Leslie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, mysteries
2.5★

Lorelei King's excellent narration, especially the voices of Lula and Ranger, gained this book an extra star. Evanovich's book was a reminder of why I stopped reading this series -- none of the characters grow or change. Instead, this 15th book in the series has Stephanie Plum still relying on her male friends/lovers to bail her out and help her do her job (and Lula doesn't seem to do any work at all!) and still unable to choose between Ranger and Morelli. The various incidents with her "ski
Michael
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
Finger Lickin' Fifteen is the latest book in the Stephanie Plum series. Personally, I did not feel it was one of the strong points. I felt there were too many separate storylines going on in this book to the point where all organization is lost. I was partially confused with keeping track of all of Stephanie's FTAs, Stanley Chipotle's murderers, and Ranger's robber situation. I also felt that the Chipotle murder (the main case of the novel) was wrapped up a little disjointedly.

Nonetheless, the
Dorothy
Jul 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
So what's with Evanonvich's sudden obsession with farts? And why is it that only one of her characters performs this most human of functions? It seems like on every third page of this book Lula lets go another big one. Always Lula. Obviously, it is supposed to be hilarious. Now if RANGER let go a big one, that would be truly hilarious! Oh, I forgot. Ranger is perfect. He doesn't fart.

And herein lies my problem with this book. Yes, it is another quick, funny trip through the whacked-out landscape
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Fire!
Worst Part: No sexual tension!
Thoughts Had: eh!; NAKED!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: NAKED RANGER. AND FIRES! That's sums up this whole book. Ra
Kelly
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Pure fluff, and I LOVE IT!! I laughed the entire 3 1/2 hours it took me to read this. A whole lot of BBQ and Lula is the center of attention in this one after she witnesses a murder and the thugs spend the entire book trying to kill her off. This one is over the top (yes, I know they all are, but this one seems more so than others.).

I don't want the series to end, but how long can Evanovich sustain the Stephanie/Morelli/Ranger triangle before we get sick of it. I'd rather the series end on a hi
Anushka
Jul 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was more about Lula than Stephanie but it's fine by me 'coz it did not lack anything in the humor department. The storyline, though...can't say the same for it. It seemed too haphazard and oddly paced most of the times.
These books are highly entertaining nonetheless and I shall read the next one soon. :D
Dagny
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: evanovich-janet
This is such a fun book! One of the funniest ones yet. Imagine all those family dinners - in this book, Mom is trying to fix Stephanie up with a future husband and keeps asking blind dates to dinner for her. Then there is the barbeque - assuming you can picture Lula, Stephanie and Grandma Mazur cooking. All in all, the more absurd and ridiculous the scene, the harder I laughed.
Katherine
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book was lacking all away around. The same plots, there just is no substance. Stephanie needs to be growing, and she just is a mess. I'm sorry Ranger would not put up with that, he would be finding some other company to keep. I was expecting to much from this book, so I was deeply disappointed. Wait for the paperback or check it out at the library.
LizH
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
I am not sure I will continue with this series. Nothing original in the last 5 or 6 years. Stephanie still doesn't have her act together, she still can't commit, she still has her cars blown up. It is getting VERY tiring. Too much of a formula story. Very disappointing.
Jamie Collins
Jul 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, romance, humor
It's typical of the last few Plum books: funny in spots, too silly in others. I was excited about the Ranger plot, but that turned out to be very unsatisfying in the end. As usual, I enjoyed the first half of the book more than the second half.
Lindsey
Jan 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
I would give this book 0 stars if I could.
Unlike many of the reviewers, this is the first book I've read in the Stephanie Plum series. I will never read another.
I was hoping for a breezy "beach read" that I could enjoy without much thought. What i found was an infuriating read that I considered ripping up and throwing in the trash several times.
I had a huge problem with Stephanie Plum and the rest of the female characters in the book. Evanovich seems to glorify their stupidity and reliance on me
Liza Gilbert
Jul 28, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Ugh. I really enjoyed the first several books in the Stephanie Plum series. When One for the Money came out I remember how so many people found Evanovich's balls-to-the-walls humor to be innovative not only in the mystery genre but also in genre fiction as a whole.
The story in Finger Lickin' Fifteen is not only old and stale, it has patches of that nasty, black, moldy fungus on it. Half way through the book the reader is still not sure what the mystery is, exactly, since there has been no build-
Julie
Jul 01, 2009 rated it did not like it
Big waste of money! I've read all the books in the series and it's gone down hill for the last few books. I think it's time to stick a fork in Stephanie Plum, she's lost all the fun. The great things about the series that made it last so long are far behind. It's grown extremely repetitive and boring. I had high hopes in this book bringing back some of the great characters and spark of laughter it once had but for me it's gone and as lame as this book was it's probably never coming back. Maybe I ...more
Play Book Tag: Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich - 5 Stars 1 10 Jan 20, 2018 05:38PM
Around the Year i...: Finger Lickin' Fifteen, by Janet Evanovich 1 9 Jan 20, 2018 05:37PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich 1 13 Feb 02, 2015 02:59PM
The Women's Myste...: #19 Finger Lickin' Fifteen 1 4 Aug 09, 2013 10:57PM
I want to borrow this 9 98 Jul 25, 2012 04:56AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Finger Lickin' Fifteen 1 2 Feb 13, 2012 11:42AM
Talk about it! 1 26 Feb 28, 2009 09:09AM
  • Foul Play
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
  • Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #4)
  • L is for Lawless (Kinsey Millhone, #12)
  • A is for Apple (Sophie Green Mysteries Book 3)
  • A Crazy Little Thing Called Death (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Mr. Monk and the Dirty Cop (Mr. Monk, #8)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
“You think I'm gonna feel better eatin' a carrot? Get a grip. There's two idiots out there trying to kill me, and you think I'm gonna waste my last breath on a vegetable? (Lula)” 67 likes
“There were two doors that opened off the hallway. The doors were labeled PUSSY and MOTHERFUCKERS.
"I'm taking the Motherfuckers door," I said to Ranger.
"No way. That's my door."
"Well, I'm sure as hell not taking the Pussy door.”
35 likes