What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dark Inside (Dark Inside, #1)
This topic is about Dark Inside
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. people are turning evil, group of kids are trying to survive it [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Santana (kitty-nakajimai) | 4 comments I have absolutely no info other than what I can remember of the story, don't remember the author, when it was published, who it was published by. There were definitely sequels that I, unfortunately, never got the chance to read. I'm going to write a vague description first so I don't spoil anything and then a spoiler part, that way I hope I don't spoil it too much for anyone.

The basic idea is some dark part of humans is coming to the fore. The chapters are told by different characters perspectives, the kids trying to survive. At first they are all pretty separate, trying to survive their individual horror stories, but their paths eventually start to cross. I unfortunately cant remember the kids names.. it's so frustrating.

Time for spoiler.

(view spoiler)

I really hope someone out there knows this book, it's been tormenting me for months now.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
No idea, but it sounds interesting Santana.

However a few questions--When did you read this? Where did you find it? Was it adult, NA, YA, MG, or children's chapter?

Santana (kitty-nakajimai) | 4 comments I only read it a year ago but it was a second hand book, a friend of mine had gotten a box of second hand books off someone and it was one of those. She had no idea what book I was talking about though when I asked her. I wouldn't be too sure what age it is aimed at but I cant imagine it being for kids or possibly even teenagers as there are murder and rape connotations.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Some YA books--especially the dystopian ones--can get really graphic. So that's not necessarily a barrier to it being YA. But if it's not too old, possibly a NA then?

Santana (kitty-nakajimai) | 4 comments I would say it very well could be YA then but other than that I'm not too sure. I really want to continue the series, it's driving me nuts at this stage.

message 6: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments Could you tell whether the book was newish or older at the time you read it? Remember anything about the cover? How old were the kids -- early 20s, late teens, pre-teen? Do you recall how long the book was (short, medium, doorstop)? You say there were definitely sequels -- can you tell us how you know that, or what clued you in to that?

Santana (kitty-nakajimai) | 4 comments Hey guys, my friend found the book and it's called Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts.. I am so happy now, I must read them all

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Inside (other topics)