BEP090P2 discussion

A Bend in the Road
This topic is about A Bend in the Road
Setting

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lissette (new)

Lissette S | 5 comments The setting of my novel A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks is in North Carolina, New Bern. This novel takes place in the 1980's. The main character Miles Ryan loses his wife Missy in a hit and run accident. Missy is also Jonah's mom.This booke changed the way i look at life by teaching me how important family can be and how blessed i am to have mine. Miles and his son Jonah are very upset throughout the novel because of the death of Missy. I believe pain and loss makes people change. After Missy passed Miles did not look around for love he thought he would never love again. But later on, he began a relationship with Jonah his son's second grade teacher Sarah Andrews. After a while they fall in love.Do you think it is wrong for Miles to date his son JOnah's second grade teacher? Do you believe pain and loss can change a person?

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 8 comments I don't think is wrong he is dating his son's teacher. I also do think that pain & lost can change a person. Some people become bitter and lonely after a loved one dies, but others like the character in your book decide to give love a second chance.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 13 comments Nicholas Sparks books are all amazing! And A Bend in the Road is no expection. I dont think it's wrong for him to date his son teacher. With time he might be ready to rock the boat once more. It's perfectly normal he obviously wants love again. Pain and loss can change a person, but I believe it from experience which makes them look at the world differently.

message 4: by Lissette (new)

Lissette S | 5 comments I feel it is okay that he is dating his son's second grade teacher as well. I belive Mile deserves to be happy again. I also from experience know that pain can strongly affect a vperson. Thanks for commenting :)