The Sword and Laser discussion

Seven Blades in Black (The Grave of Empires, #1)
This topic is about Seven Blades in Black
Podcasts > #366 - Just Crack Me Open and Take a Look

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - added it

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1645 comments Mod
Should you feel guilty for re-reading? The answer is no. But you shouldn't feel guilty for not re-reading too. Plus our fantasy casting of A Darker Shade of Magic is pretty much all Keanu.

http://swordandlaser.com/home/2019/10...
https://soundcloud.com/swordandlaser/...
https://www.patreon.com/posts/30686463

Trike | 6893 comments Veronica’s new nickname shall henceforth be “Gassy Lassie.”

Iain Bertram (iain_bertram) | 1115 comments Double decker busses can be found anywhere in the UK.. I regularly catch one to and from Uni...

message 4: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie | 65 comments I like rereading in a different format. Like audio if I originally read the book in print. Plus if enough time has gone by, I’ve discovered that I don’t actually remember the book beyond major plot,points, so it can feel new.

Iain Bertram (iain_bertram) | 1115 comments In any case Pratchett is the master of including weird English traditions in a novel.

I just intend to a show discussing precursors to the Telegraph in Europe. Semaphore towers which Pratchett turns in the Clacks. As for the ceremony of the keys....

message 6: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 2373 comments Melanie wrote: "I like rereading in a different format. Like audio if I originally read the book in print. Plus if enough time has gone by, I’ve discovered that I don’t actually remember the book beyond major plot..."

I rarely re-read. As I get older I realize there are so many books that I want to read in my lifetime and the time to read said books gets shorter. But, when I occasionally do, listening to the audio book of something I previously read is my preferred method too.

message 7: by William (last edited Oct 20, 2019 10:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

William | 375 comments As always I'm honoured when Tom or Veronica reads out a comment. Veronica read out my post on the new Athena Club book from Theodora Goss and assumed the picture that I had taken was of 221B Baker Street in London, which is a key address in Book 1.

It was actually of 18 Prinz-Eugen Strasse in Vienna which is (view spoiler) in Book 2.

Here is a picture from my visit:

I would hate to disappoint Veronica, here's an actual picture of Mr Holmes' home that I took while in London:

(For purists, I know about the controversy about the address - but this building had such a nice young bobby outside)

message 8: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new) - added it

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1645 comments Mod
That's awesome, thanks!!

message 9: by Dara (new) - added it

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2684 comments Finally catching up on my podcasts as life has been in flux for me lately. Thanks for all the love in this episode! It really brightened my day and I'm always glad to contribute to the show. <3