The Challenge Factory discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
♦SSS Archives♦ > R5: SSS How to Play, Help, & Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments

message 2: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments

message 3: by Jenne (last edited Mar 06, 2015 06:37AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Round 5 Super Speedy Series

✸This is a team challenge that requires 2 books a week. The object of the game is to roll the die and move along the board. To win a team must roll past 100. Teams will roll on Thursdays & Sundays.

✸Sign ups are open now through 11/9. Then teams will be formed and the game will officially start 11/13.

✸Teams will roll the die by clicking here on Sundays and Thursdays once their team has completed their reads. Please note you will have to change the dice to one die.

Holiday Scheduling:
Thanksgiving-Teams will roll the Sunday before (11/23, no roll on Thursday (11/27), and that roll's deadline will be Sunday (11/30) and at this point the game resumes it's normal schedule.
Christmas-Teams will roll on Sunday (12/21) two times for two spots. No rolls on 12/25, 12/28, and 1/1. Both book's deadline will be 1/4 and then the game resumes it's normal schedule.
If you feel you won't be able to manage either holiday's rolls that's ok. Just let your team know and you can skip those rolls without penalizing the team.

**Very Important**
A team can not advance if all reviews are not in by the deadline. That being said, players need to have their reviews in on Wednesday (for the Thursday roll) and on Saturday (for the Sunday roll). Real life sometimes gets in the way of play so you do have Thursday and Sunday to get your reviews in before the team is penalized. If a player fails to have their book done two times throughout the game (excluding a prearranged absence) they will no longer be a part of the team.

How to pick a book:
Books are based on the spot you're on not the roll of the die.
If you land on single digit spot for example lets say you land on spot 5 then you have to read a book that's #5 in a series. For double digit numbers, for example you land on spot 48 you can read either a #4 or a #8 in a series.
Standalone books can be used for a 1 or a 0
✸First in a series can be used for a 1

✸I don't expect anyone to read a series out of order and for people that don't read series books that still want to play there will be an alternate option. There will be an alternate option for each spot.

✸There will be a separate thread for captains to post their place on the board after rolling and a separate thread for captains to post a link to the teams completed reviews.

✸Teams will have a chance to earn 1 Free Pass to roll. To earn your free pass your team has to complete their reads a day before the next roll. Once your team has done this you will have 1 free pass. The free pass will allow a team to roll if they are missing a review(s) before the cutoff. The free pass may not be used for the win. Once you've used it, you can't earn another one. It's a one time shot.

✸Re-reads are allowed
✸Page limit is 150
✸When using an anthology you may use any of the numbers in the book except for the .5 since this means 1/2. But you must review each story in the anthology.
✸Series # will be based on how GR has it listed.
✸Deadline cutoffs are based on US Central time zone
✸When posting your review, please include a link to the book, date finished, a rating, and a review. Your review doesn't have to be fancy. When using an alternate option please link the correct edition of your book. (If you're new to Goodreads and don't know how to add a book to your post, check out the How to Guide.

Any questions please feel free to ask!

Time Zone Converter

message 4: by Jenne (last edited Nov 06, 2014 10:03AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments 1. Oklahoma
2. White
3. 2004
4. Re read
5. Title C
6. Cover Item Tree(s)
7. Author W
8. California
9. Green
10. 2002
11. Friendship
12. Title K
13. Cover Item Mode of Transportation
14. Author P
15. Illinois
16. Silver/Gray
17. 2001
18. Tbr Own
19. Title E
20. Cover Item Silhouette
21. Author O
22. Massachutes
23. Yellow
24. 2010
25. Free
26. Title N
27. Cover Item Tattoo
28. Author H
29. England
30. Blue
31. 1999
32. Meh
33. Title L
34. Cover Item Fire
35. Author D
36. Nevada
37. Pink
38. 2014
39. Usa
40. Title B
41. Cover Item More than 2 people
42. Author A
43. Washington, state
44. Red
45. 2012
46. 3 star
47. Title R
48. Cover Item Headless Person
49. Author S
50. Louisiana
51. Orange
52. 2008
53. Amazing
54. Title F
55. Cover Item Animal(s)
56. Author G
57. Texas
58. Black
59. 2013
60. Interested
61. Title M
62. Cover Item Furniture
63. Author T
64. New York
65. Purple
66. 2011
67. Listened
68. Title P
69. Cover Item No People
70. Author C
71. Australia
72. Multi-colored (more than 3 colors)
73. 2009
74. Movies
75. Title S
76. Cover Item Moon
77. Author L
78. Florida
79. Black
80. 2012
81. The Best
82. Title I
83. Cover Item Smoke
84. Author V
85. Oregon
86. Blue
87. 2010
88. Borrowed Books
89. Title G
90. Cover Item Red Dress
91. Author K
92. Canada
93. Purple
94. 2014
95. Now
96. Title H
97. Cover Item 1 Person
98. Author J
99. Arizona
100. Yellow

Roger - president of NBR United - (roger_presidentofnbrunited) | 1050 comments ✸Christmas-Teams will roll on Sunday (12/21) two times for two spots. No rolls on 12/25, 12/28, and 1/1. Both book's deadline will be 1/4 and then the game resumes it's normal schedule.
If you feel you won't be able to manage either holiday's rolls that's ok. Just let your team know and you can skip those rolls without penalizing the team.

Ok am I reading this right even though there will not be three rolls on we are only doing one extra roll?

message 6: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Yeah it's a touch confusing, especially with how both games have to be different. For the two week time frame of Christmas you'll only be reading two books for that two weeks. With both rolls being announced/rolled at once.

message 7: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments I'll also make sure the week before both holidays to repost that info. I hate to make it complicated but we wanted everyone to be able to sign up and play without having to fret over crazy reading while trying to enjoy the holidays.

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16223 comments Mod
I am in, but can't be captain due to holiday hosting etc

Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥ | 445 comments I'm in again. I had so much fun.

message 10: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 905 comments *headdesk* I wasn't going to do this, but I'm in again. I need to have my head examined.

message 11: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Please sign up in the sign up thread. I've got everyone added up to this point.
Don't mean to be a pain in the butt, it's just easier for me not to overlook someone when I'm bouncing back and forth between the two versions.

message 12: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Teams are up, you can find what team you're on in this post.

message 13: by Paris (last edited Nov 11, 2014 10:40PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Jenne....are we starting tomorrow night at 10:01 Pacific?

(is it obvious I'm super excited to start again?!?!)

By the way, I'm team captain for team 6. Our team name is still undecided at this time.

message 14: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) I'm captain for team 5. Our name is still undecided

message 15: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments That's right Paris, once it's midnight tonight central teams are free to roll :)
I'll be getting captains and team names updated in just a bit :)

message 16: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments We still have no name, no captain and missing a player haha, you're doing better than us

message 17: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Lol! I'll be sending out pm's today to anyone who hasn't checked in yet :)

message 18: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) I'll be the captain for team 3. Our name is the Red Hot Oompa-Loompas

message 19: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments All links have been updated on each team's thread (post 2), please let me know if one doesn't work or if the spreadsheet is not viewable to you. Thanks =)

message 20: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Spreadsheet isn't linked for team 5, Jenne.

message 21: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Try it now =)

message 22: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Jenne wrote: "Try it now =)"

Yep, :)

message 23: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Team 6 is going to be called 6 of a Kind (I updated our thread title). Come on time...I wanna roll! lol

message 24: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Jenne is this enough tree? I mean it's branches, but...

The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Jenne~does this book have enough tree on the cover The Broken Eye (Lightbringer, #3) by Brent Weeks ?

message 26: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Yes P and Ang :)

message 27: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Thank you!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Thank you!

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I forgot to tell you Team 1 will be known as "One step at a time"
I'm captain

message 30: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (stang_lee) | 905 comments I think we're finally set.

Team 4 will now be known as "The League of Extraordinary Geniuses" and I will be captain. :D

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Does this book has 50% of the color. "Silver" ?
Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers

message 32: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments It'll work :)

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jenne wrote: "It'll work :)"

thanks.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Will Born Wild (Black Knights Inc., #5) by Julie Ann Walker work for Silver/Gray cover?

message 35: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments It will :)

message 36: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Cowboys-Giants-TWD

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Nov 23, 2014 06:13AM) (new)

Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth will this be considered standalone or is it a 1st?

message 38: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments That's kinda tricky. It's not really either. Since it's listed as 0.0-0.4 and meets the page requirement it would work if you have a zero in your spot. Most prequels don't meet the page requirement but if you have a 0.whatever number that does it'll work for any spot with a 0 in it.

message 39: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "Cowboys-Giants-TWD"

^5's!!!!!

message 40: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jenne wrote: "That's kinda tricky. It's not really either. Since it's listed as 0.0-0.4 and meets the page requirement it would work if you have a zero in your spot. Most prequels don't meet the page requirement..."

We are on 20. So it will work then?

message 41: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Yep you're good!

message 42: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Jenne wrote: "Yep you're good!"

gracias

message 43: by Jane (last edited Nov 23, 2014 08:55AM) (new)

Jane | 452 comments I sometimes have a problem with the time difference so I hope you can help. When is the deadline for today's role?
We are still waiting for an review.

message 44: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments It's a little less than 13 hours from now. It's 11:06 am at the time I'm typing lol.

message 45: by Jane (new)

Jane | 452 comments thanks, that will be 7am tomorrow for me.

message 46: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 1175 comments Jenne, I only read m/m and the tbr own shelf is all, well, NOT m/m. lol. Anyway we can use the tbr-mm-own shelf?

message 47: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Lol, none? Do you have a first in a series or a standalone you can read since you have a 1 in your number?

message 48: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (pokey36) | 1175 comments I'm sure I can come up with something. Thanks! :D

message 49: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Happy Thanksgivng!!!

message 50: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Will Nocte (The Nocte Trilogy, #1) by Courtney Cole work for blue cover?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.