Start by marking “Worthy” as Want to Read:
Worthy

Worthy

Dear Author,
This is a dystopian class-based society where being a slave boy is a prized position. For those not born into the wealthy class, there are few options for work. A position as a slave boy means security and safety from a life of poverty and the danger of the streets.
Dystopian - set in a world similar to ours but with a few tweaks. Usually a bit darker or a more
Published June 15th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads (first published April 29th 2013)

Emma Sea
So, this is the slave fic for you if you find the idea of slaves hot, as long as they're cosseted, lavishly dressed, well-fed, loved, and adored, but you really don't want to read about any actual discomfort, punishment, or non-consensual sex stuff.

Possibly the schoopiest, most diabetes-causing slave fic ever, but if you're into that then you'll adore it. Solid writing, good descriptions, and nice blow job scenes.
Ingie
Written August 17, 2013

4 Stars - a wonderful, hard and beautiful, romantic short story about a slave and his Master in a fictional future world.

I have some sort of wacky fascination with these stories that unfolds in a dystopian future or in a fictional historical world. Somewhere between fantasy and a fairy tale. After reading some M/M stories in this genre has my newly awakened love for these kind of books forced me to look for more undiscovered gems. This one, "Worthy" is a such great little
Julio Genao
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF.

Minor editing annoyances; clunky prose; cartoonish characterization.

It isn't terrible, but all three at once were killing me.

Not for me. Maybe for you!
Vivian
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Exquisite love story. Every romantic bone in my body just melted reading this. *deep sigh*
That said, I appreciate that some of the kink displayed here is more than others enjoy. Anyway, delightful interpretation of the image and request. One I'll revisit.

So many quotes deserve notice:

Sev knew how to be less than nothing, and so any recognition at all— even punishment— made him something closer to human.

“Don’t pull— I don’t want any marks on your body that I haven’t put there,” Demetrie cautione
Breann
I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating:

I love slave fic set in a fantasy world. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Since I love that, I totes loved Worthy.

There’s this dystopian world where Sev lives in the dregs and is considered the lowest of the low. He’s not even worthy of being a slave. While dancing at a club, a Count, Demetrie, walks in a decides to play a game of cards to win that boy up on stage to be his slave.

Now Sev has moved up in the world and is a slave. And a good slave at
Lilia Ford
Great little M/M slave story, very hot and kinky, with strong world-building and two believable characters. Sev, the "dreg" slaveboy, was particularly interesting to me. I really liked how the author depicted his submissiveness. Too often in M/M BDSM you feel like the subs inhabit an entirely different mental universe than the Doms--that they are somehow so weak or helpless, almost innocent, that they need someone to boss them around in order to function.

Sev feels different: he definitely throw
Steelwhisper
Who'd have thought I'd be in need of something so sweet so soon?

Worthy profits from my current disgust with FCR and my need to clear my head of that for writing. It was just what I needed to achieve that. Heh.

Good writing, as sweet as falafel.
Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fluffy Slavefic aficionados
Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) by: GR BDSM Group - BOM for Dec 2013

3 Stars for the effort and for being a good diversion to pass the time.

A sweet and caloric slavefic fairytale. Enjoyable at first bite, unfortunately it only makes you hunger for something more sustainable than a sugar fix. (See this? I could write short reviews too)

Dare I stop my review here? I could, couldn't I? I maybe should too. Because what comes after this is a product of my over analyzing.

Nudge me if you wish for my trademark long-ass review.

*Edits 10/12/13 @ 11.03pm:
I have just answ
Shannon
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aa-recommend
This book was A-Maz-Ing!! That poor kid made my chest ache. What a wicked world Lia Black created. It was just insane. And the kinky fuckery...nice!! And the love...even nicer!! I can't recommend this free read enough. And I'm thinking of taking up gymnastics or something. :)
LenaRibka
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: slaves

I'll give everybody 5 stars who can say me why I kept reading it.
* A Reader Obsessed *
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to * A Reader Obsessed * by: Ingela
3.5 Stars

Count Demetrie catches a glimpse of physically "flawed" Sev. He's intrigued by this contortionist performer and knows he must have him despite Sev being a dreg - a member of the lowest part of society.

Sev knows he's just a play thing, a whim to the count and strives to be perfect despite his untrained "slave" status. He's just grateful for any time and attention awarded to him.

This world is different where it's an honor to be a slave. People train to be one and they covet to be bought
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Set in the dystopian society of beautiful Athena with its golden towers and flawless white is a wonderful love story that rose from the filthy slums which hide in its shadows. Worthy is reminiscent of Duck! and Dark Heart; sweet half-breed Sev being beautiful and so right in his submissive role. Their romance was a slow transformation between Owner and Sex Slave to the stunning dynamics of a true Master-Submissive relationship. Reading this story was a treasure and 100% fulfilling.

Rating: 4.5 s
Samantha
Shelves: mm-read
4.5 rounded up.

When it comes to filling a prompt, this author has it down pact. Not only did the most basic elements from the picture and letter make it into the story, but even the littlest of details were present.

From the sensational world building that even I understood (which, in itself is a feat), to the depth of each character, even some in such small roles, this was a fantastic read.

This is one author I'll have on my watch list for the future.
Sunny
A new favorite... Great characters and story, so well written I couldn't put it down.
Aղցela W.
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let me say that I didn't think that I would like this book as much as I did. At first I wanted to dislike Demetrie. He was cold, cruel, spoiled and bored. However, if he had been anything else in the beginning, I wouldn't have enjoyed watching him fall in love with Sev. Sev was so incredibly adorable a dancer/contortionist with a sweet heart of gold looking to have someone to please and take care of. He was so worthy of so much more than he currently had in his world I loved his defense and care ...more
Eli Easton
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another outstanding story from "Love Has No Boundaries" that I probably would not have normally read given the story blurb, and I'm so glad I did! This is a master/slave story set in a dystopian fantasy world. It reminds me a little of Anne Rice's early erotica written as A. N. Roquelaure (the Sleeping Beauty series). Seven was born a 'dreg' with a birthmark over part of his face. He was raised by gypsies and became an accomplished acrobat. He's rescued from poverty by a noble, Demetrie. ...more
Bree Cheese
Squee! I had a huge smile on my face after finishing this delicious and sweet story!! Thank you Lia for making my little prompt come true in ways I could never imagine. Brilliant!
carol
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Over 18 and enjoy m-m romance
Recommended to carol by: Vivian Archer
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, dystopian
I admit I haven't read much of Dystopian fiction. This is not a world where i would be happy to live. The world where Athaenian ruling aristocratic society are bent on keeping their lives of privilege, of racial purity and demand to be kept in the style they are accustomed to by chosen and highly valued slaves to care for them is not for me.

I dislike the way they control the rest of the living, the dregs, gypsies, afflicted and disabled, to allow or take their lives, to allow or prevent them ea
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Worthy or unworthy? What happens when a person accepts their position in life and doesn't have a chip on their shoulder about it? In this erotic slavery story, it's delightful. Ms. Black writes a delicious romantic tale. It's quite moving because it crosses socioeconomic classes to prove a point.

The world building is just enough to give readers an understanding of this aristocratic world filled with slaves. What is interesting is the homogenous population and the behaviour of slaves. These slave
Pjm12
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up, late into the night to see how things turned out for Sev and his (highly sexed) master, Demetrie. There are certainly twisty paths along the way, but the growing bond between this made-for-each couple is delicately handled.

I liked how determined Demetrie is to walk his own way through life. He's almost bowed over from external pressures, yet Sev acts like a soothing salve. Sev, having no idea how this world runs, can only be himself - loyal and steadfast.

Very nice.
Sunshine
I liked the story. It tugged at my heart, BUT it was a bit dark, too. The writing was good and the story grew into a sweet HEA.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I happen to love dystopian novels and so far I've pretty much liked everything out there that I've read in this category for MM. I really enjoyed this one. Demetrie is a product of his place and time - which is just how I like my dystopian characters to be. I try really hard not to insert modern or current time ideals and values and mores on these characters because that's the whole point. In the space they are in did they resonate? He did - and although his rebellion was equal parts in your fac ...more
 Joyce
This was a pleasantly surprising good read for me. I really can't decide the time setting. I guess I would call it futuristic dystopian society. Where the lord acquires a peasant then they both fall in love, both ending up giving up their riches to be together.
Syfy
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lhnb-20013, dystopia
I just loved it, so much!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 Stars

I should disclose that any slavefic I read automatically gets compared to The Slave Breakers as that is the gold standard in my book. As the saying goes, Tony Romo ain't no Tom Brady. Oh wait, wrong terminology. I mean this ain't no Slave Breakers.

Initially, I thought Demetrie wasn't strict enough but, Holden wasn't exactly a disciplinarian so that seems hypocritical. Still, I have issues with a Master asking a slave whether or not he feels he deserves punishment. In the real world… may
Fangtasia
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: perfect-subs
Lovely characterization, except in the case of Demetrie. He felt distant, more than warranted by his role as Master. But Sev became flesh and blood on the page. The perfect slave, without being trained for it. Born to it, part of his DNA. Michael was painful to know, defined by this phrase: "I'll die a lonely man with the same hand of cards I started with."

The world building was just enough, never overwhelming. Athena depends on strict rules and roles, well-suited to keeping everything running
Annika
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
1,5*
Sorry, but not my cup of coffee. While I'm not a fan of slave fiction I gave this one a try because of the overall good reviews. But this was just..., no no no. If nothing else I hate subs with low self esteem. And Sev's self esteem was so low you could say it was non-existent, even self destructiv. More a case for counseling. Sev's sudden leap into and attraction to BDSM has never been explained and I'm sorry, but Demetrie was far from beeing a good top. For gods sake he hurt Sev during Sex
Robin
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is a beautiful exchange in this story of a Man who realizes hat he is and owns nothing at all and the thing that is most worthy in his life is a man who has sense of money, or power.
This story has been told before but not like this. The rythm of the story and the way the relationship proceeded was different from anything I have read.
I am sure that this love story will be hard to top.
B
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
2th time read .Wonderful and delicious .
I loved it,
Seven and Demetri what a perfect couple.
Highly recommend this one!

photo 5-stars_zpsabbae06c.png
FantasyLiving
Lovely story about an aristocrat and his slave-boy and their HEA.

Great character development. I was invested in both of them and their future.

The sex was yummy.

The world building we good. I had a clear picture in my head of how this society worked.

Wonderful short story. And free as part of a previous years LOR event.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Shattered Heart
  • So Hot With Love
  • Red
  • Brandon's Laughter
Lia Black tends to do everything the hard way; beginning with being born backwards into the world and now raising a teenage daughter by herself in conservative Upstate NY. Her career choices are no less extreme, including occupations of fine artist, computer geek, firefighter, and mortician’s assistant— just to name a few.

A fellow Author describes Black's mind as "a glorious kaleidoscope of f*cke