What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy book about leaving a safe colony to a snowy world /s

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jared (new)

Jared | 4 comments Hi, I read this book a while back and have been dying to read it again, but I can't find it on any of my shelves. I remember that it was sort of a post apocalyptic feel, and started out in this safe refuge area, which i believe they may have referred to as the ark. People would leave the arc to go to a world that i remember being very cold and arctic. I think a lot of them were military personnel. They conducted missions in the outside world to gather supplies and such. I also remember them undergoing a long journey from the ark to the outside world. I remember the character having a long, thought based monologue during the journey. The cover was white or blue and i think had a wolf on it maybe? I sort of remember one of the characters. She was sort of a badass female character that went to greet the new arrivals from the ark once they got to the outside world. She was a strong leader, and trains the group of newcomers as they try to make their way back to a fort or base. That's about all i can remember, i really hope someone knows this one.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Salt: A Post Apocalyptic Thriller by Colin F. Barnes?
Rage by Matthew J. Costello?

Jared, around what year did you read this book?
Is "the ark" on water, on land, underground, in the air?
Was there a natural disaster like a flood or severe climate changes?
Does the story take place on Earth? in the distant future?
Is this story for teens or adults? Are there young people in the story?

message 3: by Jared (new)

Jared | 4 comments It must have been 5 years ago or so, so around 2008 or 2009 probably. I think the ark may have been underwater because i think they took some kind of rafts when they left the ark. I believe it did take place on Earth.

message 4: by Jared (new)

Jared | 4 comments And most of the people leaving the ark were young and i believe it was aimed toward teens

message 5: by Kris (new)

message 6: by Jared (new)

Jared | 4 comments Kris that's it! Thank you so much!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
That's great! Glad you found your book. :)