What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci-Fi YA a girl gets transported to a alien planet with the boy she liked. An opal stone part of their transportation?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannan (new)

Shannan Volters (shannan_withana) When I was in the sixth grade (1996) Our school library had a book I borrowed 2 or 3 times. What I can remember is a girl gets transported to a alien planet with the boy she liked. I feel like their was something about an Opel stone being part of the transportation. This is all I'm grabbing on to.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Shannan, do you remember anything about the cover?
Was it part of a series?

Do you remember anything about the aliens/planet? Were they humanoid, friendly, scary, green, etc?

message 3: by Shannan (new)

Shannan Volters (shannan_withana) I think the cover had grey clouds and a black Opal in the middle of it. I don't think there were any aliens in it. Someone was chasing them into the alien word from ours.

message 4: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 287 comments The Dream of the Stone by Christina Askounis The cover matches, and what I remember of the plot it mostly matches.

message 5: by Shannan (new)

Shannan Volters (shannan_withana) Oh my gosh, this might it! Thanks!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Come back and let us know.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Shannan, was that your book?