What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > the father left the family and started his own. the stepsisters are about the same age.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chanel (new)

Chanel | 2 comments Hey, I read a book a while back and I don't remember the name or the author. I remember a few scenes from the book. And its driving me bananas! Can your ladies please help me.
The few details from the books are; the main character is a woman. She's in her 20's. Her father left her and her mom when she was a baby, and started a new family. He lives in NY with his wife and daughter (the daughter is almost the same age as the main character) The main character doesn't like her stepmom or her step sister. The scene that I remember clearly is that the main character "runs" away from the city she lives in to go see her dad ( they have diner and go to see the show without his family) and its Christmas time. (I know it sounds like every other book) after spending time in NY she returns home to her boyfriend or someone she was dating. The father also visits her with his family
It drives me bananas that I can't find the name of the book. I know it something that was written in the last 5-7 years
IF anyone has any idea, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Duplicate thread deleted. Please edit your original post or header rather than creating a new thread, thanks!

message 3: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Chanel, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Chanel (new)

Chanel | 2 comments I am. I've tried to give it a rest... but it is still hunts me :)

message 6: by Kris (last edited Jan 25, 2020 02:05PM) (new)

Kris | 33290 comments Mod
Chanel, around what year did you read this book? This will help us narrow down the search.

Can you tell us more about the main characters - e.g., their jobs/skills, rich/poor, why the father left years ago, is he happily married, do the sisters have much in common, did her mother remarry? What prompts her to find her father? Did she travel by bus/train or hitchhike to New York City?

What's the genre or tone - e.g., contemporary romance, angsty, steamy/clean, family drama, sad/somber, funny at times?

What does the heroine live (U.S. region/city/small town)?